Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

9 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Booked to go to Iceland in September.

Excellent place to go. I'd advise hiring a car and just drive around to see the secenary. Also, try the warm lagoon at fludir ( and have the fish and chips there) and try the swimming between the two tectonic plates. 

• Thanks 1

On 31/03/2023 at 07:37, Daggers said:

Guessing schools are now out as Phuket seems to be teaming with Brit lads groups, families telling their children off, precocious public school accents. None of them bothering to use the most basic Thai greeting and thank you. 

Why do these people refuse to try learning just a couple of phrases?

Just came back today via a week in Bali.

Really Enjoyed it,but preferred Bali myself 

Although our hotel in Bali was better than expected.

Quite a lot of pissed Russians in the Karon beach area,Phuket.Did you find that where you were?

my mate a Peterborough fan said wear your Leicester shirt one night at Phuket City market,I’m not usually a football shirt wearer on holiday,i was getting stopped by locals all the time.His Mrs said I was like a local celebrity.It was a bind.

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

Just came back today via a week in Bali.

Really Enjoyed it,but preferred Bali myself 

Although our hotel in Bali was better than expected.

Quite a lot of pissed Russians in the Karon beach area,Phuket.Did you find that where you were?

my mate a Peterborough fan said wear your Leicester shirt one night at Phuket City market,I’m not usually a football shirt wearer on holiday,i was getting stopped by locals all the time.His Mrs said I was like a local celebrity.It was a bind.

Russians: miserable as shit blokes wandering about. Miserable women with kids wandering about without their miserable as shit husbands. And absolutely stoned solo husbands and solo women still managing to look miserable. All of them refusing to use a single word of Thai and acting like they own the world. 

First week we were there a story cropped up on the news of a group of Russian men beating the shit out of some Ukrainian anti war protestors. Not sure why they were protesting in Phuket tbh. 

Karon is far worse for them than Patong, they now own most of it.

Shirt - wore one night. Seemed to mark me out as a tourist who wanted to buy coke. Never got hassled any other night, it was nonstop “Coke coke coke” with sniffing actions in case I didn’t understand what they were trying to sell me.

It was the night we lost at Palace. Got out of the tuktuk and a City fan came up to talk about it. He then started telling me why we should keep Rodgers - so I walked off. 

17 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Russians: miserable as shit blokes wandering about. Miserable women with kids wandering about without their miserable as shit husbands. And absolutely stoned solo husbands and solo women still managing to look miserable. All of them refusing to use a single word of Thai and acting like they own the world. 

First week we were there a story cropped up on the news of a group of Russian men beating the shit out of some Ukrainian anti war protestors. Not sure why they were protesting in Phuket tbh. 

Karon is far worse for them than Patong, they now own most of it.

Shirt - wore one night. Seemed to mark me out as a tourist who wanted to buy coke. Never got hassled any other night, it was nonstop “Coke coke coke” with sniffing actions in case I didn’t understand what they were trying to sell me.

It was the night we lost at Palace. Got out of the tuktuk and a City fan came up to talk about it. He then started telling me why we should keep Rodgers - so I walked off. 

You seem to have got it spot on.

They were so rude to serving staff if we were eating out.

You are right about them buying property.They are the rich ones,but beating an anti war protestor seems odd, as one of the reasons they are there is so they don’t get called up.

The only time I felt unsafe was on the first  day.This is true.We went to the beach with our friends,and at this point we were unsure how many there were.

The wife pulls out her reading material “ The War with Russia “ FFS woman,choose your audience.

Met this Leeds fan and we were trying to argue our cases most days that our own teams were shitter than each others.

• Haha 1

On 16/04/2023 at 21:57, foxfanazer said:

Off to Cavtat in Croatia in a couple of weeks. Anyone been and have any advice on things to do. Obviously wanna explore Dubrovnik

I’d recommend the wine tours around Cavtat, I can’t find the details of the one we did but it was great and the food and wine was free flowing!

The islands off Dubrovnik were quite interesting too. Pretty easy to get to dubrovnik from cavtat via bus or boat. 

44 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Same for me. First time though. Any tips ?

Old town is nice, museums are great. 

Train to town from the airport is cheap and easy, bus is even cheaper. 

Warsaw can be stupidly hot in June so make sure your room has aircon. I didn’t the first time and ended up attempting to give a conference presentation on zero sleep, it didn’t go well. 

Learn a couple of polite Polish phrases and, like everywhere, the locals will appreciate the effort. 

Then, for all our sakes, demonstrate that you can sink vodka like you don’t care about seeing the following morning. Our reputation depends upon it. 

• Thanks 1

On 14/04/2023 at 10:27, bmt said:

Going to Rome in a few weeks with my girlfriend. Neither of us have been before. Staying in travestere. Any recommendations?

If you want to explore the sites the Big Red bus tour is a decent way to be able to get around to all your major parts and hop on and off for where you want to see. We went in mid June and it was scorching so made it easier than walking everywhere but we got to see pretty much everywhere and got quite a good bit of information to go with it. We were recommended a ton of places to eat but to be honest we found the majority of place we ate in without recommendations were just as good. Our biggest regret was not doing the Roman forum or Vatican city but we had to cram all our sight seeing into one day due to being in the city for a wedding. Enjoy!  

• Thanks 1