Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

On 16/04/2023 at 21:57, foxfanazer said:

Off to Cavtat in Croatia in a couple of weeks. Anyone been and have any advice on things to do. Obviously wanna explore Dubrovnik

We went in 2015 and we completely fell in love with the place. Their is a restaurant called Posejdon that sits just on the bay near the water polo court, brilliant spot for dinner as the sun is setting. Konoba Kolona is a family run seafood restaurant, we were kayaking when we ran into the owner who was heading back in on his fishing boat who offered us the chance to try what he had just caught if we met him at the restaurant in an hour or so- whether we actually ate food from that day or not I dont actually know lol

We did the day trip to Mijet national park which was very nice, rented bikes and rode along the island until we found a lovely area to swim in the clear blue waters. Dubrovnik has plenty to see and load of people will be able to recommend better bits to see than I can, although our highlight was a little pizzeria called Pizzeria Tabasco which is in the back of a car park just outside the old town. They had something on the menu which I assume was some some of Croation delicacy which was like a calzone but had sour cream and cheese on top which I remember being incredible. As I said its been nearly 8 years since we went so all these places could have changed.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

We went in 2015 and we completely fell in love with the place. Their is a restaurant called Posejdon that sits just on the bay near the water polo court, brilliant spot for dinner as the sun is setting. Konoba Kolona is a family run seafood restaurant, we were kayaking when we ran into the owner who was heading back in on his fishing boat who offered us the chance to try what he had just caught if we met him at the restaurant in an hour or so- whether we actually ate food from that day or not I dont actually know lol

We did the day trip to Mijet national park which was very nice, rented bikes and rode along the island until we found a lovely area to swim in the clear blue waters. Dubrovnik has plenty to see and load of people will be able to recommend better bits to see than I can, although our highlight was a little pizzeria called Pizzeria Tabasco which is in the back of a car park just outside the old town. They had something on the menu which I assume was some some of Croation delicacy which was like a calzone but had sour cream and cheese on top which I remember being incredible. As I said its been nearly 8 years since we went so all these places could have changed.

That's great thank you. We can't wait

22 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Anyone ever done San Diego? Kinda fancy a sunshine US city for a mini break, without it being Miami. 

Any suggestions?

I absolutely love San Diego - if I could live in one US city it would be there. Loads of stuff to do - beaches, beautiful coastline, old town Mexican area, boat trips. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Olympiakos kicked off big time with the coppers last night 

They pretty much threw away the any chance they had to top the league I think. 

I would rather go to Panathinaikos tbh but the ground is tiny 

51 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Anyone care to share their solo travel experiences? Never done it before and not sure where to start but do want to take the plunge this year. Thinking somewhere in Europe to start with ideally any recommendations would be appreciated 

I only started last year with Eindhoven away. Had a few hours in Amsterdam before flying back. Since then I’ve visited Prague, Zagreb, Ljubljana, Lisbon and Madrid. Just go for it is my advice. It boosts your confidence and you can do whatever you like when you like. Have an itinerary in mind before going anywhere - sites like Viator and GetYourGuide are what I use to check out/book tours. Lisbon is great, lots to do and easy to get around. Croatia too, the people are really friendly. Prague was lovely. Quite a few places you can get by with English, but always good to try and pick up a few key phrases. Once you start, you won’t look back 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Off to Athens on Sunday 

Hoping to catch one of the games on Sunday night but can't see tickets for sale anywhere 

Can you let me know if and how you get tickets? I’m going in a few weeks and due to fly back Friday 12 May. If I can get tickets to any match I will extend my trip as that weekend is the last day of the season. It would be great to get to a match but I was advised on the groundhopping thread it’ll be very hard 

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

They pretty much threw away the any chance they had to top the league I think. 

I would rather go to Panathinaikos tbh but the ground is tiny 

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Can you let me know if and how you get tickets? I’m going in a few weeks and due to fly back Friday 12 May. If I can get tickets to any match I will extend my trip as that weekend is the last day of the season. It would be great to get to a match but I was advised on the groundhopping thread it’ll be very hard 

Yeah this Sunday is Pana (1st) v AEK (2nd).

Someone has just posted about the game on a Facebook group im on. 

'it's a general sal, you need a clubcard of 10 euro to buy a ticket (can't seem to find where you sign up for this tbh). also you have to be super fast when the tickets will be released because it will sold in 5 minutes max'. Also if it asks for your 'MAKA' use your birthdate plus five zeros. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Yeah this Sunday is Pana (1st) v AEK (2nd).

Someone has just posted about the game on a Facebook group im on. 

'it's a general sal, you need a clubcard of 10 euro to buy a ticket (can't seem to find where you sign up for this tbh). also you have to be super fast when the tickets will be released because it will sold in 5 minutes max'. Also if it asks for your 'MAKA' use your birthdate plus five zeros. 

Do you know when they go on sale mate? 

On 23/04/2023 at 14:18, Paninistickers said:

Anyone ever done San Diego? Kinda fancy a sunshine US city for a mini break, without it being Miami. 

Any suggestions?

One of my favourite cities. After all my many thoughts over settling as I got older..
San Diego is the one city in USA,I would of been happy to settle in.Though some northern States in the „wild“ could also have tempted me.

Some good music bars on the outskirts,or in SD.

oh one of the best sea aquarium & museums in the world..

Away from the shows…

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Thanks 1

On 24/04/2023 at 12:00, Harry96 said:

Anyone care to share their solo travel experiences? Never done it before and not sure where to start but do want to take the plunge this year. Thinking somewhere in Europe to start with ideally any recommendations would be appreciated 

Try first Belgium…city life or Provences..People more layed back for Northern Europeans…but you have to share your presence, ask travel questions.Take short train journeys into the small towns…Ditto Niederland for travelling.

Though Belgium probably has more solid English speakers…

No matter where you go, learn basic phrases,or join a language group to travel.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

On 29/04/2023 at 18:45, Solihullfox said:

Just booked for 18 night trip to Barbados in early March next year , 😀

18 night wow. 7 days is enough for me on a caribbean island. You staying at different hotels etc?

I was debating barbados but might go to trinidad and tobago seeing as the missus has family there.

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

18 night wow. 7 days is enough for me on a caribbean island. You staying at different hotels etc?

I was debating barbados but might go to trinidad and tobago seeing as the missus has family there.

Our family have a house (lucky I know) so we chill , do beaches one day and the pool the next. We go snorkelling, go on a couple of boat trips and generally fit in to Caribbean speed of life

We came back a couple of weeks ago after a great 15 night trip and miss it already…would say that everything has gone stupidly expensive.

Do go to T and T as really lovely 

• Like 1

Great trip to Baku for the f1, would highly recommend it but not for the faint hearted. Flight out was delayed so almost certain to miss the connection. Landed at Izmir at 22.15 and JUST got the 22.40 connecting flight. Arrive at Baku at 02.30 and the only ‘taxi driver’ is clearly drunk, going at 100 kph with empties clattering around. Get to the hotel, we've overbooked you, go find another hotel. Eventually get into a room at 5am, it’s filthy. Tour to the gobustan fire mountains  was great (but 3.5 hours late), f1 amazing (was literally trackside), people friendly, very safe, cheap, so much culture and activity. But you can tell anxiety types will go home and spread bad messages about the lack of organisation and order rather than all the good parts, which the city needs to sort out to become tourist favourable. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 05/05/2023 at 18:36, Stuntman_Mike said:

Any tips or recommendations for Eindhoven? 

It's coming up at a good price and I didnt go with City.

Food Market (can't remember its name) is good for some casual scram. 

I'll send you my google map I made for it regards pubs etc. 

• Thanks 1

On 05/05/2023 at 18:36, Stuntman_Mike said:

Any tips or recommendations for Eindhoven? 

It's coming up at a good price and I didnt go with City.

The stadium tour is worth doing.