Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

My advice would be hit the brown cafes and chill with the locals.

I’m here on business and compliance types are the worst fun sucking over bearing unrealistic uncommercial freaks that ever lived, so I imagine any receipts from edgy places will get red flagged 

12 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I’m here on business and compliance types are the worst fun sucking over bearing unrealistic uncommercial freaks that ever lived, so I imagine any receipts from edgy places will get red flagged 

Fair enough. You'd best just stick to the Sex Museum then.

• Haha 1

I know this is to late for whoever was recently asking about kids travel money,  but maybe a benefit for future trips and others. 

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/prepaid-travel-cards/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=cardsloans&source=TWORG-CARDSLOANS#kidscards

Edited by FoyleFox

On 22/06/2023 at 12:53, grobyfox1990 said:

Those sort of caffs issue fairly bland, non specific receipts if you ask for that very reason

I claimed earlier this year for '4 x vanilla shakes' 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

Booked a tour of Sri Lanka with 5 night’s relaxing in the Maldives for next March.

I'm not sure if i replied to this the first time but, Sri Lanka is fantastic. I'd recommend a trip to Kandy to see the temple of the tooth and take a boat ride up the Bentota gorge to visit a local village. You'll love this country. The locals are so friendly and will even invite you into their houses for food ( for a little £ obvs). It's also probably the only place in the world where you can be on tropical beaches one minute and then drive two hours and need a jumper. Great country to visit and would love to do it again one year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonthefox said:

I'm not sure if i replied to this the first time but, Sri Lanka is fantastic. I'd recommend a trip to Kandy to see the temple of the tooth and take a boat ride up the Bentota gorge to visit a local village. You'll love this country. The locals are so friendly and will even invite you into their houses for food ( for a little £ obvs). It's also probably the only place in the world where you can be on tropical beaches one minute and then drive two hours and need a jumper. Great country to visit and would love to do it again one year. 

Many thanks.Noted.We are going to Kandy for a few days.
Got a trip on a scenic railway,it’s a hectic tour hence the Maldives for 5 days.We are getting old!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Many thanks.Noted.We are going to Kandy for a few days.
Got a trip on a scenic railway,it’s a hectic tour hence the Maldives for 5 days.We are getting old!

Same. Best to get the air miles in now eh?. 

• Haha 1

On 25/06/2023 at 05:00, Paninistickers said:

Those sort of caffs issue fairly bland, non specific receipts if you ask for that very reason

I claimed earlier this year for '4 x vanilla shakes' 

A lot companies use systems like concur detect which include databases of establishments which are dodgy, so I would strongly suggest to use your own money.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jonthefox said:

We did our honeymoon in April which was 10 days in Sri Lanka followed by 4 nights in Maldives. Unforgettable trip with so many highlights as we travelled round the south west part of Sri Lanka, Kandy was great and the train ride to Ella is breathtaking as we got to sit with our legs hanging out watching the world go bye. little tip be careful how far you hang out the train as tight tunnels and platforms wizz by with no real warning! We did a safari at Udawalawe National Park which was incredible as Elephants, Crocs etc are all right by your jeep. The scenery in the mountains is incredible and well worth a visit if you can. We then headed south to Galle and the beaches there were amazing and the old fort a great visit to see the locals daily way of life. We ended up in Colombo for a few nights which was very hustle and bustle but had a cracking hotel so didnt need to travel out much. Cant recommend the place highly enough and will definitely return 1 day to explore more parts of the amazing country. Just shout if you have any queries on places to see/stay as we stopped in 8 different places which might of been a few too many in hindsight. As for the Maldives 1 word - Paradise!

• Like 2

On 02/11/2022 at 18:27, FoyleFox said:

South Africa is high on our places to visit list. We found a cruise which ends in Cape Town, after visiting Durban and would then plan to stay for a few nights. Only sails once a year, so probably be one for 2024. I'll look forward to getting some tips from you.

Might be bringing the South Africa visit forward to November 2023. 4 nights in Durban. Any tips on areas to stay and places to visit?

54 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Might be bringing the South Africa visit forward to November 2023. 4 nights in Durban. Any tips on areas to stay and places to visit?

Just for Durban or Cape Town as well? Incredible country.

On 30/06/2023 at 15:03, FoyleFox said:

In my holiday browsing, I've just come across a great deal.

11 nights AI holiday in Cape Verde - £1360

10 night version - £259 more.

8 night version £301 more

Yes, I'd love to pay more for a shorter holiday.

Went Cape Verde a few years ago and it was great for just an all-inclusive beach holiday. Cheaper and less busy than the Canary Islands, but essentially the same thing. 11 nights feels a bit much for that kind of thing though, don't know how you wouldn't start to get bored by the end.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Just for Durban or Cape Town as well? Incredible country.

Just Durban on this trip.

Have decided to do Cape Town as an individual holiday. An excuse for another holiday, but mainly because the ship isn't going to Cape Town!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Went Cape Verde a few years ago and it was great for just an all-inclusive beach holiday. Cheaper and less busy than the Canary Islands, but essentially the same thing. 11 nights feels a bit much for that kind of thing though, don't know how you wouldn't start to get bored by the end.

Really? I can do plenty longer and not be bored. Cape Verde is off the agenda for now, but good to know it's nice.

8 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Really? I can do plenty longer and not be bored. Cape Verde is off the agenda for now, but good to know it's nice.

I guess it's different strokes. I can just about stretch to a beach holiday for a week, but I'm usually bored of lying on the beach and have run out of other things to do by day 6. Unless it's Greece I guess, there you have the best food in the world around you to look forward to, which places like Spain or Cape Verde don't really have.

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

I guess it's different strokes. I can just about stretch to a beach holiday for a week, but I'm usually bored of lying on the beach and have run out of other things to do by day 6. Unless it's Greece I guess, there you have the best food in the world around you to look forward to, which places like Spain or Cape Verde don't really have.

It definitely does

• Like 1