Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Just booked Budapest for next month. Any tips on what to do and any restaurants/bars to visit. Is a boat trip on the Danube worth it?

Beautiful City. Boat trip is definitely worth it, we did an evening one with a meal etc and loved it. Although if you're going with a mate, probably not ideal. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

A very quick Google shows that you should be able to change the name up to 3 hours before the flight for EUR50, and you can do it online, you need to log in with the account details of the person who bought it

https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/booking-information/changing-your-reservation

image.thumb.png.9d02356d5b3b44c0e40c83d23a7543b6.png

Checked again and the shite airline says this only applies to "flex tickets"

Pay £500 at the time of booking for that privilege.

6 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Beautiful City. Boat trip is definitely worth it, we did an evening one with a meal etc and loved it. Although if you're going with a mate, probably not ideal. 

Taking my girlfriend so it sounds perfect. Thank you 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Taking my girlfriend so it sounds perfect. Thank you 

Enjoy! Budapest is one of my favourite cities in Europe, been twice.

Cant go wrong with the spas, war musuems and generally walking around the squares / Bascilia. The ruin bars are worth a punt. Szimpla is the main one you'll hear about, bit touristy and somewhat hipster but still worth popping in for one. There are others that are worth popping in for.

I also think you cant go wrong with a city break when you have a free walking tour where you tip them at the end if you research the better ones online, 10 a head for a tip is the go to. 

If I can dig out some specific bars and restaurants I'll pop them on here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Enjoy! Budapest is one of my favourite cities in Europe, been twice.

Cant go wrong with the spas, war musuems and generally walking around the squares / Bascilia. The ruin bars are worth a punt. Szimpla is the main one you'll hear about, bit touristy and somewhat hipster but still worth popping in for one. There are others that are worth popping in for.

I also think you cant go wrong with a city break when you have a free walking tour where you tip them at the end if you research the better ones online, 10 a head for a tip is the go to. 

If I can dig out some specific bars and restaurants I'll pop them on here.

That's brilliant mate thanks

5 hours ago, Parafox said:

Checked again and the shite airline says this only applies to "flex tickets"

Pay £500 at the time of booking for that privilege.

Not according to their website:

image.png.209c036c8ac034fadb1488b415338c76.png

Have you tried doing it on the account? If it doesn't let you do it online I'd be contacting them and quoting their terms on their website, it's pretty clear you can do it if you pay the fee.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Not according to their website:

image.png.209c036c8ac034fadb1488b415338c76.png

Have you tried doing it on the account? If it doesn't let you do it online I'd be contacting them and quoting their terms on their website, it's pretty clear you can do it if you pay the fee.

Thank you for your helpful replies, Deb. I appreciate it.

I passed this on to the lead booker who booked the thing in the first place Unfortunately he had already cancelled the seat after he called me yesterday to explain the situation as he understood it, and I said I couldn't afford the massive hike in the fare.

I looked at booking independently through a ticketing site but it's still £600 as opposed to £180 original fare.

Prices hiked due to the GP, I imagine.

I'll just 5 have days of "Wordling" at home instead lol

Edited by Parafox

18 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Anyone been to Kerala?

I've been about 10 years, really enjoyed it. 

Arrived in Cochin which was just generally interesting port city then Munnar which is in the mountains and surrounded by tea plantations. After that did a home stay in Alleppey which was probably my favourite part. Then to Varkala (beach) then Kovalam (more beach). Varkala was the nicer of the two imo, Kovalum was alright but take it or leave it and just acted as a bit of chill out at the end of the holiday. Did a day in Trivandrum (spelling is off), you wont be missing much if you dont go to that city. Overall enjoyed Cochi, Munnar and Alleppey the most.

Got about by a mix of train and taxis. Trains are what you would expect but it added to the authentic experience ( wan king thing to say I know....).

Food was brilliant, as a meat eater I ended up eating vegan most of the time as the vegan stuff was so good anyway.

People were lovely and very friendly. It was insanely cheap for food etc when we were there.

When I was there you can only buy booze in the hotels, restaurants or these unmarked shops you'd see queues outside - we only figured out what they were halfway through week 2! I read somewhere it was considering being a dry state but no idea if it happened or not.

• Thanks 1

All booked for a Trieste, Italy to Durban, SA cruise in October. Staying on for 4 nights in Durban, so any recommendations of things to see gratefully received.

Had this itinerary on the to do list for about 5 years and had anticipated it would be next year, so very excited to have it booked now. Will cover the Suez Canal and 2 Wonders of the World in one trip, too.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

All booked for a Trieste, Italy to Durban, SA cruise in October. Staying on for 4 nights in Durban, so any recommendations of things to see gratefully received.

Had this itinerary on the to do list for about 5 years and had anticipated it would be next year, so very excited to have it booked now. Will cover the Suez Canal and 2 Wonders of the World in one trip, too.

Trieste is stunning by the way…. Covered on this thread a little 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Trieste is stunning by the way…. Covered on this thread a little 

Thanks. Will have a day and night there. So far I've only discovered the airport isn't very convenient for the City itself.

6 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Thanks. Will have a day and night there. So far I've only discovered the airport isn't very convenient for the City itself.

No it isn’t 

most people fly into Venice ana get the train up 

plenty of great places to eat and stunning architecture and a beautiful square overlooking the Adriatic 

Bit the bullet and finally decided to take the family to Florida next year 

3 nights at universal.

Week at Disney and 4 nights near st petes beach/treasure Island

Was a kid last time I went 30 years ago. I'm sure a lot has changed.

But if anyone has any tips for the parks, places to eat on international drive etc as I don't fancy the hotel evey night especially at Disney.

And I've never been st petes area. Always stayed further up near clearwater so any tips on must eat places for those last few days would be appreciated.

See crabby bills is still going. Might have to take a drive up there. 

I know I asked this a few years back but we never managed to book it. But I welcome any suggestions or any experts can DM cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

No it isn’t 

most people fly into Venice ana get the train up 

plenty of great places to eat and stunning architecture and a beautiful square overlooking the Adriatic 

We're going to fly direct to Trieste, which is about 50 minutes in the car. It's not the worst in terms of convenience, but it's not the closest. The train from either Venice or Trieste just isn't manageable for us with tons of luggage - it's not a short trip, we'll have 6 bags and cases!

From the Google street view tour I've done so far, it looks very pretty. And you can't go wrong with Italian food and wine.

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

We're going to fly direct to Trieste, which is about 50 minutes in the car. It's not the worst in terms of convenience, but it's not the closest. The train from either Venice or Trieste just isn't manageable for us with tons of luggage - it's not a short trip, we'll have 6 bags and cases!

From the Google street view tour I've done so far, it looks very pretty. And you can't go wrong with Italian food and wine.

Eat an Apple strudel too…. Trieste was the major port for the Austro Hungarian empire…. Reminds me of Vienna in many ways

enjoy!

• Like 1

Going Bremen on Thursday, then onto Hamburg by the weekend. I've never been to Germany before so looking forward to that aspect.

Guessing there is lots of great beer out there? But the history of Bremen itself will be interesting to see.

Any recommendations for things to do in North Wales? We're (family with 2 youngish kids) staying in Llandudno for 3 nights as a base on our way back from a trip up to Scotland.

Unfortunately I look to have missed out on the Snowdon mountain train but if anyone has any suggestions i'm all ears.

1 hour ago, martyn said:

Any recommendations for things to do in North Wales? We're (family with 2 youngish kids) staying in Llandudno for 3 nights as a base on our way back from a trip up to Scotland.

Unfortunately I look to have missed out on the Snowdon mountain train but if anyone has any suggestions i'm all ears.

Visit Conwy- great castle and history. Good Camra pubs too.

• Like 1