Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

7 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Because it's always absolutely rammed with tourists. 

I couldn't live there

Lako's Top UK Holiday Destinations:

• Stockport industrial zone
  • Tilbury docks
  • Wigston sewage treatment plant
  • Enderby Warren landfill site

:D

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Izzy said:

Arrived in Rhodes last night. Went to get the coach transfer and gave the name of our hotel.

The rep says “Ooo the Plaza, you are lucky”

I said “Cool, is it a nice hotel then?”

She said “yeah, and luckily for you it’s not on fire”

Know of a family that went to Rhodes about 10 days ago but they have had to be evacuated to another part of the island and they say it has been a living nightmare. They are cutting short their holiday and hopefully getting flights back home tomorrow as they just dont feel safe there now. Imagine being in that situation is very scary especially with a young family as well.

4 minutes ago, NAKC20 said:

Know of a family that went to Rhodes about 10 days ago but they have had to be evacuated to another part of the island and they say it has been a living nightmare. They are cutting short their holiday and hopefully getting flights back home tomorrow as they just dont feel safe there now. Imagine being in that situation is very scary especially with a young family as well.

We’re lucky to be in Rhodes town at the north of the island rather than the middle/south.

Must be a nightmare if you’re caught up in all that with a young family.
Ours are teenagers so find it all highly exciting until they wake up one night and find their suitcases on fire. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Off to Peurto Del Carmen in Lanzerote in September. No idea what it’s like, it was just cheap so thought I’d jump on it. 

Its chav  central mate!!!

23 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I've been to Cornwall and I didn't really understand all the hype about it. It's nice, but no nicer than plenty of other parts of the UK, and the traffic is insane.

When you're sitting in the long queues you can't see anything even in a 4x4, the roadside hedges are so high lolPractically no view until you actually arrive, which takes about 3 times as long as it would anywhere else, and wherever you go you struggle to park and end up with crowds of people. 

Plenty of lovelier places in the UK with fewer people, and less expensive too.

Got back from a week in North Cornwall  situated in a beautiful  lodge with hot tub in Bude.

Drove down to places like Boscastle,  Port isaac and Padstow.

Its stunning and beautiful  but I do agree parts it is a pain getting  there!!! 6 hour drive is too much!

We've been Norfolk in the past  and some great places there and beaches like Holkham.

7 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Has anyone got any information on Estonia/Latvia ?
Looking at a long weekend break in either Tallinn or Riga. 
Which one is preferable etc ? 

The only thing I'd say is make sure everything checks out with accomodation. When I was looking at Riga the majority of AirBnBs looked incredibly dodgy and fake, so we didn't bother going at that time. I google street viewed them and not one was real. One was an abattoir. Definitely somewhere I want to go in the future though, after a bit more research on where to stay, I'd probably stay in a branded hotel.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Daggers said:

IMG_7294.jpeg

Blimey, takes ‘……and Crawley is flirting outside that off stump again, edging something is a formality’, to a new level.

I’ll get me coat. :ph34r:

Edited by STEVIE B

1 minute ago, Raj said:

Dont tell Groby1990 or whatever his/her name is that you are off to Norfolk unless you've had a stroke or are 90 eh @Finnegan!!! LOL!!

The bit I like is where he lists it next to like Santorini or whatever other foreign destinations as where wealthy people with more money than sense go on holiday. 

My mate just lobbed his three kids in the back of the car and took them for five nights at a Hunstanton camp site. 

He'd piss himself at being called rich and unimaginative. 

• Haha 2

On 23/07/2023 at 16:36, Izzy said:

We’re lucky to be in Rhodes town at the north of the island rather than the middle/south.

Must be a nightmare if you’re caught up in all that with a young family.
Ours are teenagers so find it all highly exciting until they wake up one night and find their suitcases on fire. 

Izzys kids 'I cant believe the wildfires got our suitcases'

Izzy 'Yes, wildfires....'

• Haha 3

On 24/07/2023 at 09:32, STEVIE B said:

I can thoroughly recommend Riga. We went back in May for four days and I thought it was fantastic! I did think four days might've been a day too long when we booked, but it wasn't in the end, there was plenty of keep us occupied.

I can recommend the airbnb we stayed at, too. Lots of great beer and food, and very walkable city too!

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

The bit I like is where he lists it next to like Santorini or whatever other foreign destinations as where wealthy people with more money than sense go on holiday. 

My mate just lobbed his three kids in the back of the car and took them for five nights at a Hunstanton camp site. 

He'd piss himself at being called rich and unimaginative. 

Been Norfolk many times with my 2 kids(AND the Mrs unfortunately!!!) and they didnt give a feck it wasn't the maldives!

As long as the suns out they have sand and sea to p1ss in, jobs a good un!!!

On 24/07/2023 at 09:49, Ian Nacho said:

Off to Peurto Del Carmen in Lanzerote in September. No idea what it’s like, it was just cheap so thought I’d jump on it. 

It's pretty rubbish i did the same as you a while back. But.... 

...It all depends how you approach it. I refuse to have a bad holiday. So long as I'm not at work, i will enjoy it.  Beach and sea is good. Plenty of bars and places to eat. You will always sniff out the decent places. It's close to airport, so transfer is easy. The weather's good. What more do you need?

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

It's pretty rubbish i did the same as you a while back. But.... 

...It all depends how you approach it. I refuse to have a bad holiday. So long as I'm not at work, i will enjoy it.  Beach and sea is good. Plenty of bars and places to eat. You will always sniff out the decent places. It's close to airport, so transfer is easy. The weather's good. What more do you need?

I’m in my 20s and no doubt will be abusing the sparkling water on offer so I’m sure I’ll make the most of the local culture :whistle:

• Like 1

On 24/07/2023 at 09:32, STEVIE B said:

They're both brilliant cities!

We tied Tallinn in with Helsinki by getting the ferry across and when we went Riga we got the coach to Vilnius for less than £10.

If you have the time I'd definitely recommend it, especially Tallinn to Helsinki because they're so different but easy to travel between. 

Now summer hols is done, I'm looking towards some winter sun 

Anyone done the Gambia? 

Fancied something a bit random

Edit; answering my own post... just watched a couple of YouTube videos. It looks total shite. Full of old white people in substandard hotels.  Off the list! 

Edited by Paninistickers