Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Did a week in Scotland (split Edinburgh and aviemore) end July and my boys (12+15) were not impressed 

so I’m taking them to menorca (cala’n bosch) for sun and sand! 

anyone with any experience of that part of the island - suggestions appreciated as I’m guessing Thursday and Friday will be moaning days that they’re bored of doing the same things they did Mon thru Wednesday! 

37 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Did a week in Scotland (split Edinburgh and aviemore) end July and my boys (12+15) were not impressed 

anyone with any experience of that part of the island - suggestions appreciated as I’m guessing Thursday and Friday will be moaning days that they’re bored of doing the same things they did Mon thru Wednesday! 

Went Menorca in April.

Gorgeous!!

Hire a car if you can, even I did and it's easy to get around as just a few main roads cutting through the island.

We were based in the middle of the island, I think your south west.

Edited by Raj
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Make sure you go to the Champions Bar 

You’ll find our badge on the floor. Great boozer too. 

Went there on a stag do, for 4 hours. Spent £900 at the bar in that time 😂

😂 how did you manage to spend all that? Beer is quite cheap still, great city to visit.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I'm going menorca in October, it would be great to get your feedback

• 2 weeks later...

Going to Cyprus end of September and Maderia in November.

Not gone to Cyprus (Paphos) for 20 years and never being to Maderia before. 

Looking forward to both knowing my son who's 1 did really well with flying to Belgium..I know this will change and he will be a right pain now!

39 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Prague in a few weeks, does anyone have any tips for bars/restaurants that aren't the usual tourist/stag do haunts? 

If you are a millionaire you can join an exclusive group of like minded individuals who pay a fee which enables them to kill a backpacker by whatever means you desire. 

Saw it on a documentary 

• Haha 1

Thinking about going somewhere long haul in October/Nomber next year.

On my list is Japan, Peru, Argentina or Brazil. It will be for probably 11 nights and I’d be happy to move around a bit to different areas. Thoughts on any of them are welcomed.

Does anyone actually use Air BnB? 

We need a base down Southampton/Portsmouth way for 10 days, somewhere that has cooking/washing facilities etc but prices are eye watering. 

Lots of avaliable properties in our time frame but majority are charging more than the Hilton. 

Stick unique or quirky in the title and its an extra £60 a night lol

7 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Does anyone actually use Air BnB? 

We need a base down Southampton/Portsmouth way for 10 days, somewhere that has cooking/washing facilities etc but prices are eye watering. 

Lots of avaliable properties in our time frame but majority are charging more than the Hilton. 

Stick unique or quirky in the title and its an extra £60 a night lol

I do hope you're not ****ing thinking about going away and enjoying yourself before September 2nd....