Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

On 30/08/2023 at 11:07, SickoDicko said:

Got Portugal for a golfing holiday next Summer, if anyone has done one advice on courses and club hire (i don't trust jet2 to bring my own on board) etc would be great  

What part are you going to, is it the Algarve. It's not really worth bringing your own clubs, You can hire a set of Clubs cheaply at the Airport. About 40 Euro for a week. All the Clubs are leading Brands and less than 2 years old . I think the Company is Caddy Master.com.

I'm going over in a forthnight and I can check their name and let you know.

There's many great Courses in the Vilamoura area and the greater Algarve.  There's 7 in the Vilamoura area all within 5 to10 minutes from the Centre and the Marina and Beeach. Then you have Vale do lobo another 4 Courses I think. 10 minutes away.

Look up Golf Teetimes.pt and Golf in Portugal You'll get all the courses with lots of info and the prices.

Pinhal in one of my personnel favorites and it cheaper than a lot of others. Lots of trees so you have to be pretty straight.

Salgados is another in Guia . It's a Links course with plenty of Water beside the Sea.

Food and Drink is a lot cheaper than the uk. You can still get a meal for 6 euro in some places.

Any questions ask away or PM me if you wish. as I go there a couple of times a year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

What part are you going to, is it the Algarve. It's not really worth bringing your own clubs, You can hire a set of Clubs cheaply at the Airport. About 40 Euro for a week. All the Clubs are leading Brands and less than 2 years old . I think the Company is Caddy Master.com.

I'm going over in a forthnight and I can check their name and let you know.

There's many great Courses in the Vilamoura area and the greater Algarve.  There's 7 in the Vilamoura area all within 5 to10 minutes from the Centre and the Marina and Beeach. Then you have Vale do lobo another 4 Courses I think. 10 minutes away.

Look up Golf Teetimes.pt and Golf in Portugal You'll get all the courses with lots of info and the prices.

Pinhal in one of my personnel favorites and it cheaper than a lot of others. Lots of trees so you have to be pretty straight.

Salgados is another in Guia . It's a Links course with plenty of Water beside the Sea.

Food and Drink is a lot cheaper than the uk. You can still get a meal for 6 euro in some places.

Any questions ask away or PM me if you wish. as I go there a couple of times a year.

Nice one mate, yes staying around Vilamoura. Pinhal been mentioned a few times so will be defo doing that one, will check them websites out too:thumbup:

Just a week till I jet for Benidorm for a revisit. Been a good five years since I last been. Strange for years I refused to go, thinking it was ugly and rowdy. Rowdy yes but far from ugly. A place for everyone. Staying in the same hotel as it was amazing experience, plus the food was amazing. My only fear it's changed since covid. One question I do have i've heard ryanair you need to email your signature with your passport before you travel is this the same for Jet2? or is this all bull. 

6 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Just a week till I jet for Benidorm for a revisit. Been a good five years since I last been. Strange for years I refused to go, thinking it was ugly and rowdy. Rowdy yes but far from ugly. A place for everyone. Staying in the same hotel as it was amazing experience, plus the food was amazing. My only fear it's changed since covid. One question I do have i've heard ryanair you need to email your signature with your passport before you travel is this the same for Jet2? or is this all bull. 

After your comments on Brighton and a couple of UK coastal resorts, this ain’t half made me giggle 

Edited by CosbehFox

5 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I had a mate who ''loves Benidorm'' and he went a few weeks back and said it was hell. Best of luck

5 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

You were right with your initial thinking,  it is both ugly and rowdy, but people love it.

I've used Ryanair dozens of times and never been asked to email a signature?! I can't comment on Jet2, but I'm not sure why they would need your signature,  and they'll have your passport details on the booking. 

Have a great time 👍

11 hours ago, SickoDicko said:

Nice one mate, yes staying around Vilamoura. Pinhal been mentioned a few times so will be defo doing that one, will check them websites out too:thumbup:

Another great course is Quinta da Ria to the east of the Algarve. A cracking course with one hole a par 3 were you aim about 60 yds out to sea and the wind brings it back in to the green. You have to play it a few times to trust the shot and get it right.

There's quite a few risk and reward holes if you know what I mean. I'd put Quinta da Ria in my top 3 Courses.

I'd avoid the Faldo courses as I wasn't impressed with them Gramacho and Pinta to the west are also good Courses.

Castro Marim to the east is the Quirkiest course I've ever played. If you hit the Ball into the Trees it still comes back into the middle of the Fairway. Make sure to use plenty of lotion before going out as the heat can get quite intense. 

• Like 1

On 06/09/2023 at 10:17, Leicesterpool said:

On the app you’ll need to upload your passport number and passenger details…. All

of a 2 minute job with your passport in your hand 

On 07/09/2023 at 21:27, Wymsey said:

As mentioned a few days ago, I'd definitely recommend Iceland and the capital Reykjavik.

Plus the country's numerous waterfalls glaciers and the 'Black Beach' (black ash sand).

Of course, food and alcohol is quite pricey - but on the whole you get good value.

IMG-20230905-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20230905-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20230905-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20230905-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20230905-WA0004.jpg

Lucky enough to go last year In January, landscape looked different to your pictures! Fantastic place, personally I thought 3 nights was enough as Reykjavik is quite small. We made use of the happy hours that almost everywhere had and that kept costs down. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Raj said:

Stratford upon avon?

Just had the weekend there playing golf  with a few mates, went with mrs before and the Shakespeare houses were worth a visit and did a decent ghost tour. Ate at Lambs on Sheep street which is Michelin star restaurant. We booked between 5-6.30 and got 2 courses for 21.50 each. Stopped at the premier which is great as a base and located in the centre.

However Maccy Ds shuts at 11!