Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

10 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Hopefully we just had a particularly bad experience - they must function properly some of the time as they would have gone out of business otherwise! Sounds great anyway - would love to do a Nile cruise 

You'd hope so. Not that you had a bad experience but that it was a one off. It happens with lots of airlines, they just handle the a situation badly. We had 3 days stuck in Orlando Airport when Aer Lingus handled a faulty plane situation badly. 

Very much looking forward to the Nile Cruise. Friends have highly recommended it. We're going to Safaga on a cruise next month, the trip to the Valley of the Kings is 4 hours each way. That's a very long day and would be in addition to the very long trips to Cairo and Petra we have booked.

So we've abandoned the idea and booked the Nile Cruise and stay instead. A Travel Zoo special offer £499 😀 (assuming Wizzair get us there).

Edited by FoyleFox

On 17/09/2023 at 08:06, Leicesterpool said:

I swear the police in benidorm. Like to be around to show off their presence but if a crime commited its someone elses problem 😆

Is that the local police? I know they have the Guardia Civil who have a reputation for not taking any prisoners.

Missed out this year so desperate to take my kids away next summer. Prices are obviously still ridiculous and budget is limited so best value appears to be Fuerteventura. Never been, imagine there is a reason its coming up the cheapest, and I know there is not much there but as long as there is a pool for the kids and good weather it will do the job. Anyone been and can recommend a particular resort? 

41 minutes ago, SickoDicko said:

First time in Krakow on Friday, any must do's? doing salt mines and auschwitz (if wizz air can get me there)

There’s a chain of bars called “BaniaLuka”, just proper old school polish gaffs (it’s probably their equivalent of spoons for all I know but I liked them), you order food and they just stick it on the bar when it’s ready and you keep going back to check if it’s yours. You can get a Tyskie and a plate of Perogi for about £5. There’s one on Sweska which is just off the square, or another smaller one just tucked away a few streets behind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Just got back from Sicily and really didn't want to come back this time. Second year in a row we stayed in Trapani and loved it. Very nice, laid back city with superb food, and a brilliant base for exploring the islands and coast nearby. 

This is on our bucket list.

We've been Sardinia and loved it.

Where did you fly from?

Is it easy to get around....i'll aske more questions one day!!

24 minutes ago, Raj said:

This is on our bucket list.

We've been Sardinia and loved it.

Where did you fly from?

Is it easy to get around....i'll aske more questions one day!!

Stansted. Yes pretty easy to get around if you don't mind buses. 

Palermo also a good base with train connections but Trapani is more peaceful.

Great beaches like Sardinia but also unrivalled history and culture in Europe imo, plus really friendly people.

Sicily is still slightly rougher round the edges than many European places but offers so many incredible experiences.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Manini said:

There’s a chain of bars called “BaniaLuka”, just proper old school polish gaffs (it’s probably their equivalent of spoons for all I know but I liked them), you order food and they just stick it on the bar when it’s ready and you keep going back to check if it’s yours. You can get a Tyskie and a plate of Perogi for about £5. There’s one on Sweska which is just off the square, or another smaller one just tucked away a few streets behind. 

I agree with this, it’s a must and so cheap compared to the main square. Avoid the strip clubs at all costs, few lads on our trip had some £1,000+ transactions each night!!

8 hours ago, SickoDicko said:

First time in Krakow on Friday, any must do's? doing salt mines and auschwitz (if wizz air can get me there)

Also lime E- scooters are the best way to get about. I went with WizzAir on the return leg and they are terrible I’m afraid. I generally avoid low cost airlines at all cost but not much options to and from krakow

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daggers said:

Never flown Ryanair, never will. It’s the first box I untick when doing flight searches. 

Absolutely nothing wrong with Ryanair usually, they've got me and my children to many places much cheaper than other airlines, and the experience is pretty much exactly the same, we've used them dozens of times and have no complaints whatsoever. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with Ryanair usually, they've got me and my children to many places much cheaper than other airlines, and the experience is pretty much exactly the same, we've used them dozens of times and have no complaints whatsoever. 

They don’t serve my preferred in-flight beverages. 

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I think Ryanair is brilliant for what it is. 

• Like 3