Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Currently on Safari…

…in Kent! 

It’s absolutely bucketing down with rain, animals are all quite sensibly staying indoors, kids have gone feral and the whole place makes Center Parcs look cheap. 

Apart from that, all good. 👍 

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Looking like being that way for us also. Recommend a hotel?

Can actually-  stayed here- Aparthotel Ponent Mar

Theres a poolside scene in Inbeteweeners were the film is set in Greece or something BUT its actually here!!!

We stayed here well before the film was shot.

• Thanks 1

I'm not very enthusiastic about making friends or chatting to fellow holiday makers, if they're idiots it's then hard to avoid them. But, there are approximately 3000 people on our ship. Mainly of various nationalities, and the only 2 English people we've spoken to are Cov fans! Lovely. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I'm not very enthusiastic about making friends or chatting to fellow holiday makers, if they're idiots it's then hard to avoid them. But, there are approximately 3000 people on our ship. Mainly of various nationalities, and the only 2 English people we've spoken to are Cov fans! Lovely. 

Bloody hell they get 3k people on these cruises?!?! Assume you’re on a cruise and not a pirate death cult or similar 

6 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Thanks for that. So far ive booked Jungfraujoch, Titlis and then the Grindelwald and Interlaken trips. Lindt factory thrown in just for a change of scenery 👀

Thats better than you think . Plus you get to eat your bodyweight in chocolate. 

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Sounds good to me! 😂. Any decent restaurants/bars in Zurich you recommend? 

I don’t think the two go together. Zurich is just for business. Think Canary Wharf on a Tuesday night in February. Peroni served by a bloke in a tux, €3.79 service charge etc etc 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have the issue of family members inviting themselves on your holidays? 

Talking about taking my kids on holiday in the summer, and then you get mine or my partners siblings saying we will come with you, and then grandparents say we will come too and before you know it it's a massive group and you have to cater for different tastes and preferences lol 

It was ok when the kids were babies and we needed the help but now its become a tradition lol 

• Haha 1

Recommendations for Easter where it will be warm and not too many hours on the plane.

Love abit of sightseeing and not all that bothered about the beaches we are tanned enough- needs to be warm though!

We've been Malta, Minorca, Majorca, Portugal and Sardinia and loved them all...are we missing a gem?