Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

45 minutes ago, Raj said:

Recommendations for Easter where it will be warm and not too many hours on the plane.

Love abit of sightseeing and not all that bothered about the beaches we are tanned enough- needs to be warm though!

We've been Malta, Minorca, Majorca, Portugal and Sardinia and loved them all...are we missing a gem?

Certain parts of Ibiza are stunning - just avoid the party areas as you're way too old for that. Easter is end of March next year so the weather might be a bit sus, but you might get it just right. Lots to do and see, watersports, Old Town is a nice jaunt.  

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Recommendations for Easter where it will be warm and not too many hours on the plane.

Love abit of sightseeing and not all that bothered about the beaches we are tanned enough- needs to be warm though!

We've been Malta, Minorca, Majorca, Portugal and Sardinia and loved them all...are we missing a gem?

Bahrain, Cyprus, Morocco. Depends how adventurous you wanna be 

5 hours ago, Raj said:

As Easter is in March next year it might be worth travelling a little further for better weather, what about the Canary Islands?

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

As Easter is in March next year it might be worth travelling a little further for better weather, what about the Canary Islands?

Thanks Deb.

I've been to Lanzarote  and Tenerife in my (very) younger days and thought they were abit(Sorry to say!) Chavvy!!!

That was about 25 years ago though!!

Which one would you recommend  for abit more of the local culture and not just Linekars bars and egg and chip brekkies?!

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Thanks Deb.

I've been to Lanzarote  and Tenerife in my (very) younger days and thought they were abit(Sorry to say!) Chavvy!!!

Which one would you recommend  for abit more of the local culture and not just Linekars bars and egg and chip brekkies?!

I also went to Tenerife in.my younger days and haven't been back since! I took my children to Maspalomas about 8 years ago and we enjoyed it, no idea about the others but at least you can pretty much guarantee the weather. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Raj said:

Thanks Deb.

It’s only chavvy if you go where the chavs are….these islands all have smaller quieter towns where there are very few English speakers; I’ve had some great holidays in the canaries away from the hustle and bustle and full English breakfasts 😂 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Raj said:

Thinking about Seville for Easter now.

Any of you guys n gals been and recommend?

(Apart form the footy!!!)

Seville is brilliant. If that was you posting above about culture, I’m not sure any of that exists in these British package holiday towns. Seville is exactly what you’re looking for, really cool place 

• Thanks 1

On 27/10/2023 at 21:06, grobyfox1990 said:

Texas (Austin, Houston, San Antonio) was a lot of fun. Everything is HUGE and plastic, people are very friendly and every food you can imagine is available here. Quite unnerving seeing so many people in bars carrying guns after a good few drinks.

Going to South France for a two days for a wedding in a few weeks. After the food, fun, sights, smells, sounds, scenery and all round FUN of Mexico City and Texas, it's going to be a helluva comedown going to some French dump with uninspiring scenery, tasteless food and bland people

Well I was wrong, the town near the Spanish border was really cool. Very unFrench which helps. Food is still sh1t but it’s france so what else do you expect. Suspect the food in Middlesbrough today will be better. People were v friendly, took a trip to the airbus museum yday which was excellent. 

43 minutes ago, Raj said:

Thinking about Seville for Easter now.

Any of you guys n gals been and recommend?

(Apart form the footy!!!)

Would recommend you brush up on a little Spanish before you go, I found there were fewer English speakers than the more popular Spanish destinations, and it’s really appreciated when you try and speak Spanish. Loads of tapas restaurants so as per normal keep away from the centre for better value.

The cathedral was magnificent.

37 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Would recommend you brush up on a little Spanish before you go, I found there were fewer English speakers than the more popular Spanish destinations, and it’s really appreciated when you try and speak Spanish. Loads of tapas restaurants so as per normal keep away from the centre for better value.

The cathedral was magnificent.

My spanish is like DelBoys french!!

Bonas Dias Hola😁😁👍

Cheers boys looks like Seville is a go.

Even looked at their fixtures but they have Madrid away🤭🤣

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Raj said:

My spanish is like DelBoys french!!

Bonas Dias Hola😁😁👍

Cheers boys looks like Seville is a go.

Even looked at their fixtures but they have Madrid away🤭🤣

Try real betis as well, the other Seville team. Although I’ve never been to a match at either, the stadiums are like cathedrals and football is a HUGE part of the culture 

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Try real betis as well, the other Seville team. Although I’ve never been to a match at either, the stadiums are like cathedrals and football is a HUGE part of the culture 

Real Betis at home v athletic club on 25th March👍🏾

10 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

What would be your dream holiday if money was not an object

Wouldn't mind doing a round the world cruise but they take about 4 months and cost around £30k I think

Guest Sideshow Faes

No but I've just got a passport for the first time in years. The old one expired over ten years ago! So suddenly I'm thinking about overseas. 

Guest Sideshow Faes
26 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I'd go back to 2001 and go on holiday with the girl I shoulda spent the last 20+ years with.....it isn't the place I don't think 

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

It would be time rather destination wouldn't it.  For one off trips the whole world is contextually cheap these days. Ambition would be an Antarctica cruise for 3 weeks or so 

Agreed, time is the bigger issue. I'd love to travel Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos but realistically it's not feasible until I retire. I want to be there long enough to experience it as more than just a tourist, and time off from work restricts that. 

5 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Agreed, time is the bigger issue. I'd love to travel Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos but realistically it's not feasible until I retire. I want to be there long enough to experience it as more than just a tourist, and time off from work restricts that. 

Did Cambodia and Vietnam as a 10-dayer and it was good. But yeh, to experience it you need time.

My 57 year old colleague has sold his house and all his possessions and is travelling for the foreseeable with his wife, starting in Vietnam for 3 months. Would love to have that spirit at that age, and not be just another office bore stinking life out 

• Like 2