Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Did Cambodia and Vietnam as a 10-dayer and it was good. But yeh, to experience it you need time.

My 57 year old colleague has sold his house and all his possessions and is travelling for the foreseeable with his wife, starting in Vietnam for 3 months. Would love to have that spirit at that age, and not be just another office bore stinking life out 

That’s my plan, and then maybe might end up being somewhere I really love and decide to stay there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

What would be your dream holiday if money was not an object

I’m not really into “holidays” as such. I’ve done plenty over the years while the children were growing up but always had time away to walk or climb. My Wife used to come with me but she’d rather relax by a pool or beach, as did the children, even when they were older. I would love to walk a desert, trek across Mongolia or China but time is a limiting factor nowadays. That and my health. Personally, a cruise would be a nightmare holiday, so glad my wife isn’t interested either. 
Places I would revisit -

Canada. Been once, Vancouver Island which is a beautiful place. Walked the West Coast Trail and climbed Mount Washington. 
Brazil. Spent a few months there in the 90’s, The Pantanal is one of the most amazing places on earth.

Borneo. Wife left me in charge of honeymoon so I booked 2 weeks in Kota Kinabalu, left her at the hotel for two and a half days while I climbed Mount Kinabalu. 

I need the outdoors - birds, wildlife, Diving or Snorkelling etc for a successful holiday. 
The Earth is too vast to pick one dream holiday destination. 

• Like 3

On 11/11/2023 at 10:24, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Went to Sevilla a few years ago, fantastic city.

On 11/11/2023 at 11:00, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Would recommend you brush up on a little Spanish before you go, I found there were fewer English speakers than the more popular Spanish destinations, and it’s really appreciated when you try and speak Spanish. Loads of tapas restaurants so as per normal keep away from the centre for better value.

The cathedral was magnificent.

Hotels/ apartments  are expensive looking at them briefly for March 

On 11/11/2023 at 17:38, Unabomber said:

What would be your dream holiday if money was not an object

Travelling by train round the Mediterranean for a month with my girlfriend. Get the train from London to Biarritz via Paris, then on to the Basque country. Through Catalonia and Occitania to the Cote d'Azur. Then via Genoa and Rome to Naples. Across Italy to Puglia, boat to Greece. Round the Peloponnese and through Northern Greece to Istanbul, where we fly back. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Travelling by train round the Mediterranean for a month with my girlfriend. Get the train from London to Biarritz via Paris, then on to the Basque country. Through Catalonia and Occitania to the Cote d'Azur. Then via Genoa and Rome to Naples. Across Italy to Puglia, boat to Greece. Round the Peloponnese and through Northern Greece to Istanbul, where we fly back. 

This would make a good honeymoon. I need to propose.

37 minutes ago, Raj said:

People been to Lisbon???

Recommended?

Amazing place, great food, easy to get around. Loads of sites to see. Great trips out from the city. Would recommend the Benfica stadium tour. The museum is insane there. I went in early February and had decent weather. Great trip out on a rib dolphin watching in the Atlantic

IMG_6551.jpeg

IMG_6653.jpeg

IMG_6777.jpeg

IMG_6835.jpeg

IMG_6764.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Amazing place, great food, easy to get around. Loads of sites to see. Great trips out from the city. Would recommend the Benfica stadium tour. The museum is insane there. I went in early February and had decent weather. Great trip out on a rib dolphin watching in the Atlantic

IMG_6551.jpeg

IMG_6653.jpeg

IMG_6777.jpeg

IMG_6835.jpeg

IMG_6764.jpeg

They are some seriously good pictures. From a phone? Weirdly I can see your username and can recall you having done some very cool European weekend trips last year. Keep the reviews coming if you're still doing them, which I hope you are for my own inspiration!!

Yes, cheap and fun. Easy weekend trip. Food is fantastic, good chilled vibe to the city, does not seem like the rest of overbearing anxiety-ridden Europe. Last time I was there (2018) remember loads of bars doing 3 300ml beers for 2 Euros.

Beers no good for me I'm one of them teetotaler people.🤣🤣

Lisbon could be the one.

51 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

IMG_6551.jpeg

IMG_6653.jpeg

IMG_6777.jpeg

IMG_6835.jpeg

IMG_6764.jpeg

Sounds like this is a decent bet then.

Great photos btw.

No doubt will bore you with tips etc once I book the flights👍🏾

• Thanks 1

They are some seriously good pictures. From a phone? Weirdly I can see your username and can recall you having done some very cool European weekend trips last year. Keep the reviews coming if you're still doing them, which I hope you are for my own inspiration!!

Yep, just on the iPhone! Hoping to do some more next year. Not been anywhere since Dublin so getting itchy feet!! Montenegro definitely on the list for next year. The Balkans is so beautiful to visit 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Yep, just on the iPhone! Hoping to do some more next year. Not been anywhere since Dublin so getting itchy feet!! Montenegro definitely on the list for next year. The Balkans is so beautiful to visit 

Loved Tirana (Albania) and Lake Orhid (Macedonia) when we went last year, presuming City would get to the conference final which they obvs never did. It's a much cheaper and MUCH better Italy. Baffles me why anyone would pay their own money to go to Italy anymore.