Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Anyone been to Cologne or Dusseldorf ? Going Germany with my mates , both are £20 return for flights.

Went to both a few weeks ago. I wasn't expecting much from dusseldorf but it was fantastic. The best place I went to on my trip. Cologne is nice too and there's a bit more to see. There's a huge beer hall next to the cathedral which I couldn't recommend enough. The beer is incredible everywhere though.

Might have to go to Milan for a couple of days. Anyone been? Anything I should definitely do?

I flew to Milan a couple years back. Took a train a small distance north to a town called Locarno. It has a fairly easily walkable mountain next to the town, which give awesome views over the nearby lake and the Alps. It also has a convent of nuns a little way up which was pretty interesting to check out.

You can do the bungee jump where they filmed Goldeneye as well, which was the main reason I headed over there. Video of it below with me looking not much like Bond.

Edited by samlcfc

Might have to go to Milan for a couple of days. Anyone been? Anything I should definitely do?

Listen to what bovril and sam have said re: going to the nearby areas.

I'm probably going to be slated for this but Milan is one of the most disappointing places I've ever been to. Duomo aside, I thought it was a bit of a shithole in all honesty. Was only there for one night though between Nice and Rome so maybe there was a decent part I missed...

• Like 1

Listen to what bovril and sam have said re: going to the nearby areas.

I'm probably going to be slated for this but Milan is one of the most disappointing places I've ever been to. Duomo aside, I thought it was a bit of a shithole in all honesty. Was only there for one night though between Nice and Rome so maybe there was a decent part I missed...

Disappointed, but not surprised. One of the reasons I've not bothered going to Italy.

Went two years ago. It's okay. The food is amazing but the alcohol is expensive. We took a train from city centre and went to Maranello to Ferrari

Edited by isaidno
  • Like 1

Disappointed, but not surprised. One of the reasons I've not bothered going to Italy.

Sorry but Italy can honestly claim to be the best country in the world. Food, culture, art, landscape, people. Just avoid the tourist traps and find yourself a little hill town.

• Like 1

lol

yeah don't go to Matera, Siena, Ostuni,Lecce or Palermo whatever you do. Horrible

You can add Naples to that. Geographically it's in a very nice location on the Med with Mt Vesuvius next door, but the place has been mismanaged to hell, at least it was when I was there last - rubbish was piled up in the streets right next to historical Roman architecture and mosaic work.  The number of times I saw drivers nearly mow people down at a red light too.  Bonkers place.

You can add Naples to that. Geographically it's in a very nice location on the Med with Mt Vesuvius next door, but the place has been mismanaged to hell, at least it was when I was there last - rubbish was piled up in the streets right next to historical Roman architecture and mosaic work. The number of times I saw drivers nearly mow people down at a red light too. Bonkers place.

I was being sarcastic mate the places I listed are all great.

I do agree about Naples being a dump.but that's part of its charm . It's not for the faint hearted but it's a place that makes you feel alive

I was being sarcastic mate the places I listed are all great.

I do agree about Naples being a dump.but that's part of its charm . It's not for the faint hearted but it's a place that makes you feel alive

lol fair enough.  Gonna have to agree to disagree about rubbish in the street being 'charming' though.