Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Just miss them I think 

Shame, usually some top quality reasonably priced scran. Go to the Bila Krava steak house, if you like steak. Top notch. Downside it's french, but still.

Edited by Tommy G
  • Like 1

On 13/11/2023 at 17:28, grobyfox1990 said:

Loved Tirana (Albania) and Lake Orhid (Macedonia) when we went last year, presuming City would get to the conference final which they obvs never did. It's a much cheaper and MUCH better Italy. Baffles me why anyone would pay their own money to go to Italy anymore.

Any tips for Tirana? Cable car, square and bunker museum thing look cool. Any decent bars/ other areas worth visiting etc? 

3 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Any tips for Tirana? Cable car, square and bunker museum thing look cool. Any decent bars/ other areas worth visiting etc? 

Nothing that I can remember…it was just a good vibe and dirt cheap. the day trip to lake orhid was well worth it, or to the beach 30 mins west. you can hire a driver for that. Few others on this forum were there at the same time, sure they will have specific tips! 

On 21/11/2023 at 19:53, bovril said:

Eurostar flash sale on atm

Booked a couple of these. Hoping to go to Normandy - Bayeux, Rouen, Caen. Also thinking of spending a night in Paris. Any recommendations for very typical atmospheric bars in Paris or places in Normandy much appreciated. 

15 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I love me a bit of Poland, great country.

It's superb isn't it? I ended up doing a little tour in May and fell in love with the place. Krakow, Katowice (nothing there), Warsaw, Poznan and Wroclaw. 

Krakow, Warsaw and Wroclaw particularly brilliant.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ousefox said:

It's superb isn't it? I ended up doing a little tour in May and fell in love with the place. Krakow, Katowice (nothing there), Warsaw, Poznan and Wroclaw. 

Krakow, Warsaw and Wroclaw particularly brilliant.

Apart from an airport I believe, some mates went there instead of krakow as it was cheaper to fly in, then a 2 hour taxi into Krakow derailed any savings, and beer drinking time obvs.

56 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Apart from an airport I believe, some mates went there instead of krakow as it was cheaper to fly in, then a 2 hour taxi into Krakow derailed any savings, and beer drinking time obvs.

Yeah my mate flew there so I met him on my way to Warsaw. The only interesting thing that happened was being threatened with a €200 fine by the owner of the apartment I stayed in for 'breaking' his washing machine.

He was built like a brick shithouse so very glad I was tipsy enough to argue with him at the time!

• 2 weeks later...

Back today from a 2 week cruise in the Caribbean. Went with Tui on the Marella ship. 

I can see why some people call it Butlins at Sea, some on the people on there seemed to spend the whole time on the smoking deck getting pissed and wouldn't look out of place as extras on Shameless.

That said, one of the best experiences I've ever had, 95% of the people were great, seeing and exploring 11 different islands in 14 days was tiring but well worth it, some never even left the ship :rolleyes:

Went quad biking around St Maarten, snorkeling above shipwrecks and with Turtles in Barbados, driving through the rainforest and swimming in natural pools in Dominica, Kayaking through caves in St Vincent.

Other highlights included an excursion called the Rhum Runner in Grenada, basically a 3 hour boat/beach trip, strongest rum I've ever known, many barely made it back to the ship also played beach cricket with some locals lol and drinking with the Barmy Army in Antigua. I know cruises can get a bad reputation and with some of the clientele I can see why sometimes, but if you do them right it can be a wonderful experience.

• Like 3

Booked a holiday through On The Beach but had to call them as we wanted to stay in two locations over the two weeks and could not do this on line.

When I get my phone bill it was £37 more showing I had called a premium rate number for 55 minutes. Yeah it was on the beach :mad:.

They charged me £37 to book a 3.6k holiday with them! I have emailed their complaints department but yet to hear anything and I am certainly not calling them. As I have only paid a £60 deposit I might just cancel it and rebook somewhere else.

On 26/11/2023 at 22:21, bovril said:

Booked a couple of these. Hoping to go to Normandy - Bayeux, Rouen, Caen. Also thinking of spending a night in Paris. Any recommendations for very typical atmospheric bars in Paris or places in Normandy much appreciated. 

if you go to Caen make sure you visit this:

https://www.memorial-caen.fr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/11/2023 at 20:05, Raj said:

Finally succummed and booked 5 nights next Easter to Lisbon with Easyjet from Luton Airport scooby doo!!!

Fantastic city, we stayed in Alfama which is the oldest part of Lisbon (I think) definitely recommend visiting Sintra but be prepared to do a lot of walking! Jump on the train up to the coast as well although I’ve never been in a colder sea 🥶 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Fantastic city, we stayed in Alfama which is the oldest part of Lisbon (I think) definitely recommend visiting Sintra but be prepared to do a lot of walking! Jump on the train up to the coast as well although I’ve never been in a colder sea 🥶 

and make sure to eat there:

https://www.timeoutmarket.com/lisboa/en/

• Like 1