Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

And does it contain lactose?

I’m ok with butter. There again I don’t tend to eat it by the pint. 

I will have a traditional dollop of cream on my Xmas pud. No one will see me for a couple of hours. 

On 29/11/2023 at 13:26, ousefox said:

I've just written a travel blog on Gdansk in Poland. I went in January and would really recommend the city if anyone is interested.

https://www.littlecornersofeurope.com/post/a-year-in-european-travel-gdansk

Gdansk definitely on my list. How does it compare to Krakow? Love Krakow and it will take some beating, been twice.

Edited by 1972 Fox

Disappointingly, our recent cruise did not stop as scheduled in Egypt or Jordan for security reasons. Not unexpected given the Middle East issues but still disappointing. We did receive a future cruise credit for 25% of the cost, so are looking to rebook for April '25 and include those ports. Surely they'll have sorted it out by then?

But we've now booked one for next year, San Francisco, LA, Hawaii, some other Pacific Islands on to New Zealand and 3 days in Sydney.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

I’m ok with butter. There again I don’t tend to eat it by the pint. 

I will have a traditional dollop of cream on my Xmas pud. No one will see me for a couple of hours. 

Presumably your intolerance encourages 2 hours of intolerance in everybody else :)

On 29/11/2023 at 13:26, ousefox said:

I've just written a travel blog on Gdansk in Poland. I went in January and would really recommend the city if anyone is interested.

https://www.littlecornersofeurope.com/post/a-year-in-european-travel-gdansk

Nice one.

Am going to Gdansk in May with some friends as we're all turning 40 around the same time, and we wanted somewhere a bit different.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1972 Fox said:

Gdansk definitely on my list. How does it compare to Krakow? Live Krakow and it will take some beating, been twice.

In my experience Gdańsk is superb. Incredibly under/rated. Then again most of Poland is. Warsaw might be more your urban capital but still has tons of history and nightlife 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Anyone been skiing in Bulgaria - Bansko

Yes about 10 years ago though, transfer from airport was a long journey, resort was pretty new then, excellent bubble cars, at the base they had tv monitors of each peak so you could see how busy and what the conditions were like, we had a ski rep all day and depending on how good you were , took you on the right slopes even on a day off (weather conditions were bad) he stayed with us and took us out shop wise and bar wise, hope this helps

• Like 1

Benidorm (again) on Sunday for 5 nights

17 years since I met the better half in Champions bar on the square but just found out it’s closed up for the winter.

Any recommendations, old town or new town for a decent friendly bar to watch the game on Monday?

But my word it’s pricey now. Almost obscenely pricey. 

And the hellfest that is what was the red light district is vile, they’ve totally destroyed the old character of the quarters. Couldn’t find one of the old brown bars remaining. The whole of Damrak too is a complete shithole, so lovely going back to the station and catching a 2 or 12 to normality. 

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

But my word it’s pricey now. Almost obscenely pricey. 

And the hellfest that is what was the red light district is vile, they’ve totally destroyed the old character of the quarters. Couldn’t find one of the old brown bars remaining. The whole of Damrak too is a complete shithole, so lovely going back to the station and catching a 2 or 12 to normality. 

Was the flight expensive at this time of year?

Off to amsterdam tomorrow for just 3 hours to exchange Christmas presents with my son and daughter as it was cheaper than posting and paying import duties, plus I get to bring theirs back.

On my flight back What if I get stopped and they ask what is in the packages? Guess the worse that could happen is they will open them.