Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

1 minute ago, lcfc278 said:

No way, for real? 

"What's wrong Sarah, you've hardly touched your cocaine!"

Seriously, we left a bar just down from Cafe Benidorm and 2 families were sat outside (including kids in pushchairs) and they were finding it hilarious pretending to drop items on the floor just so they could lean down and take the easily visible lines off the table, safe to say we drank up and left!

Actually later that night saw one of the families again kicking off and threatning KFC staff if they "didn't fvcking hurry up with our scran" and "im gonna shank that cvnt behind the counter if he looks at me like that again, that quote actually came from the Mum.

Its a shame because I loved the place in my early 20's as at least people seemed to actually have a good time

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Seriously, we left a bar just down from Cafe Benidorm and 2 families were sat outside (including kids in pushchairs) and they were finding it hilarious pretending to drop items on the floor just so they could lean down and take the easily visible lines off the table, safe to say we drank up and left!

Actually later that night saw one of the families again kicking off and threatning KFC staff if they "didn't fvcking hurry up with our scran" and "im gonna shank that cvnt behind the counter if he looks at me like that again, that quote actually came from the Mum.

Its a shame because I loved the place in my early 20's as at least people seemed to actually have a good time

Whats more concerning is what were u doing in KFC?  Your in Spain and you go KFC?:wes:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

Whats more concerning is what were u doing in KFC?  You’re in Spain and you go KFC?:wes:

lol My excuse is it was about 4am and tbh I go in all the known takeaways when abroad and bring back loads of the sauces we can’t get here.

6 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Just returned from a few days in Benidorm and can confirm the above comments lol

Luckily was based in the old town overlooking the little harbour but the state of the strip and the square and the people in it was absolutely grim.

Families openly doing lines off the outside tables, coked up youths fighting all over, and the way the Brits spoke to and treated the locals and bar staff was beyond anything ive seen before, I genuinely didn't believe people like that still existed.

On the plus side, of all the places ive been lucky enough to visit in Spain over the years I never expected to eat possibly the best Tapas dishes ive ever eaten in my life right in the middle of Benidorm old town.

Basically Skeggy in sun.

9 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Jeez that is sad. It's as if the people who live in the country should be thankful for you barstards giving them business and please them in anyway. 

"It's been 30 seconds you cvnt where's my food?"

"I'm sorry maam, Uhhhhh aah uhhh ahhhh, here you go maam, extra mayo as you asked for".

Don't ever mess with people handling your food.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

I thought it was an unwritten rule that most people go maccys/KFC when you go abroad?

A better menu and better food, try it some time 😏

I'm pleased to have missed that rule. Maccys might have a better menu than a UK one (I've no idea) but, you're in a foreign country with lots of new foreign cuisine to try. Why would you go for a big mac? 

3 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

I thought it was an unwritten rule that most people go maccys/KFC when you go abroad?

A better menu and better food, try it some time 😏

Yep. I’ve had McDonald’s chips in countless countries. Especially in Europe where the cuisine is bland, boring and tasteless anyway. Woohoo more food cooked in the oven with salt!!!!! Not like you’re missing much 

On 18/12/2023 at 16:27, Daggers said:

No idea why brown bars aren’t more popular in Amsterdam. Shite tourist bars in the Leidseplein were heaving yet 50metres left, right or down would’ve delivered them to a proper authentic cosy bar not charging £8 a pint.

Their loss. Would you want brown bars to be populated by the kind of divs who don't do their research anyway? Give me a quiet, pleasant experience with the locals any day.

• Like 1

The cost of UK holiday cottages seems astonishing! I've been looking for somewhere in Northumberland, a week late April, outside of Easter or BH. A couple are £800, most are nearly £1k and above.

Is it just me? I mean I'm comparing it to the cost of a cruise we've booked, but the same week in April, cruising the Med, if you booked a basic level cabin but all food, entertainment and housekeeping is £630pp. TravelZoo have sold me a 14 night AI Nile cruise and stay in Egypt for £599 and have just offered me 7 nights HB in Santorini for £520. All of which seem better value.

2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

The cost of UK holiday cottages seems astonishing! I've been looking for somewhere in Northumberland, a week late April, outside of Easter or BH. A couple are £800, most are nearly £1k and above.

Is it just me? I mean I'm comparing it to the cost of a cruise we've booked, but the same week in April, cruising the Med, if you booked a basic level cabin but all food, entertainment and housekeeping is £630pp. TravelZoo have sold me a 14 night AI Nile cruise and stay in Egypt for £599 and have just offered me 7 nights HB in Santorini for £520. All of which seem better value.

The UK tax is ridiculous. 

Cheaper to fly to France and stay in a ****ing castle 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

It’s a ridiculous cost but it’s justified. As you said your cruise is much cheaper, because you have an imagination. There are plenty of people who are too stupid and lazy to consider anything outside of uk, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy and France. They will and should be punished. We went to Mexico City and partied like rockstars for a week for half the cost of the most boring and tepid 3 days ever in santorini. Welcome to capitalism 

22 minutes ago, ry.cunningham.5 said:

Any tips for a couple days in Reykjavik? Going early November next year 

Hire a car for sure and you’ll get to see some beautiful scenes. Can even suggest a few routes I took. 
Blue Lagoon is worth doing, and paying for the spa resort. 
Willy museum is weird but good fun. 
Definitely save every penny you have between now and November to afford a few beers, it’s ridiculously expensive. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ry.cunningham.5 said:

Hire a car from the airport. It’s actually cheaper than public transport. Avoid the blue lagoon as there are cheaper alternatives and don’t eat the yak hooves. Fantastic country though, you’ll love it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

We were looking at York before Christmas and the cost was ridiculous so we decided to go Vienna in January!

1 hour ago, ry.cunningham.5 said:

Definitely do the golden circle (least I think that’s what it was called) my memory isn’t great 🤣 make use of the happy hours in the pubs to keep costs down, we went to the b*stard brew and food pub and loved it there, and don’t go shopping for clothes prices are crazy!!

Its a place like no other.