Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

9 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

Just booked Cape Verde for me the mrs and kids in the april easter holidays. Love the place having been there 8 years ago. Cant wait.

We've looked at going there, anywhere in particular you'd recommend?

12 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Just booked to stay at the Sani resort in Halkidiki - something that’s been on my bucket list for a while and I’ve managed to get a deal, otherwise it just wouldn’t be possible lol 

When visiting Halkidiki this September, the transfer dropped a family off there looked incredible 

10 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I almost died there lol. My mate took me there to visit on a red hot summers day. We hired bikes and i needed to fill up my water bottle. He said there are loads of water fountains around the island so we could set off and fill up along the way. 

So once we had cycled a few miles we realised we hadnt seen a single fountain it was a case of do we cycle all the way back or do we continue going in the hope a fountain will appear. We stupidly continued.

We get to the other side of the island and not a single fountain in site. At this point i am desperate for water.

We just had to head back and soldier on. 

Honestly i have never been so happy to see water in my life when we got all the way back to the start for the only water fountain. We get back home and my mates wife then told us there are no fountains and she couldnt believe we were stupid enough to leave the start without water lol

One cycle ride ill never forget 

I'm laughing, but you numpties.  As point of note for next time, the bike hire people have trucks they collect bikes in at the end of the day, so if you give up and get on the bus you wouldn't be the first!  Just let them know.  Or obviously don't listen to your mate.  Or go in peak of summer. :)

7 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I'm laughing, but you numpties.  As point of note for next time, the bike hire people have trucks they collect bikes in at the end of the day, so if you give up and get on the bus you wouldn't be the first!  Just let them know.  Or obviously don't listen to your mate.  Or go in peak of summer. :)

Im never going back, the things i had to do to survive are things i cant bare to think about lol 

Thinking of Norfolk this summer.   From quick research,  North Norfolk seems to be the nicest area to stay however I am contemplating to stay inland to keep costs and travelling times down.   

Any recommendations folks?   I have noted down Holt,Brancaster, Sheringham, Holkham and Cromer so far.   I have two boys,  currently two and half and four months so somewhere with lot of family activities will be good too.

On 03/01/2024 at 19:19, Parafox said:

May I suggest Northumberland?

Any of the places on this map are well worth a visit.

There's coastal and moorland walks.

Alnwick Castle is Hogwarts and has featured in other films such as Robin Hood Prince of Thieves and Downton among other films. It also has stunning gardens.

There's lots to see and do.

image.png.c8d9f854a232776fc824384215c7c798.png

The only issue might be the time of year for places like Alnwick being open. 

Otherwise the area is easily accessible and has great locations even out of season.

You could even visit Rothbury where Gazza had one of his less memorable moments during the Ralph Moat case. lol

Never thought about Northumberland to be fair.

Always been Norfolk, Cornall, Devon or Dorset as istill think it will be cold up north in July!!

Might have to consider this as an alternative 👍🏾

On 04/01/2024 at 23:05, Tommy G said:

Just booked to stay at the Sani resort in Halkidiki - something that’s been on my bucket list for a while and I’ve managed to get a deal, otherwise it just wouldn’t be possible lol 

Been to Sani Club several times and Dunes once. Now out of our price range as the kids are same price as us! We are now going to their Ikos resorts instead which are just as good. 

You will have a great time. Vardy and Gary Cahill were there at the same time as us on our last stay there. 

• Thanks 1

On 06/01/2024 at 16:37, The Blur said:

Thinking of Norfolk this summer.   From quick research,  North Norfolk seems to be the nicest area to stay however I am contemplating to stay inland to keep costs and travelling times down.   

Any recommendations folks?   I have noted down Holt,Brancaster, Sheringham, Holkham and Cromer so far.   I have two boys,  currently two and half and four months so somewhere with lot of family activities will be good too.

Sheringham or Cromer over the others listed if you have the kids with you. Did a lot of holidays there when younger and have taken my boys. Message me if you want.

• Like 2

We go most years as my dad has a place in Kelling Heath which is a holiday park very close to sheringham. They have entertainment for kids etc and a pub and restaurant on site. Let me know if you want any recommendations etc. 

• Like 1

Sheringham has retained its old English seaside charm, love it there, it’s a good base to visit the other coastal towns nearby, Wells is also lovely. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Sheringham or Cromer over the others listed if you have the kids with you. Did a lot of holidays there when younger and have taken my boys. Message me if you want.

54 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

We go most years as my dad has a place in Kelling Heath which is a holiday park very close to sheringham. They have entertainment for kids etc and a pub and restaurant on site. Let me know if you want any recommendations etc. 

The Runtons in between are also a decent base for access to beaches. Think I like Sheringham best of all those places on balance, though East Runton has the sandiest beach (if I remember correctly).

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Hi Unabomber.   I would be all ears for recommendations.   Mainly for me,  I would be interested in activities for kids (theme parks, farms,  museums etc)  and whether if all action are on the north coast or whether if other parts are worth exploring as I am unsure whether to stay on coast or inland to ease travelling times if I am going to drive all over Norfolk.

7 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Hi Unabomber.   I would be all ears for recommendations.   Mainly for me,  I would be interested in activities for kids (theme parks, farms,  museums etc)  and whether if all action are on the north coast or whether if other parts are worth exploring as I am unsure whether to stay on coast or inland to ease travelling times if I am going to drive all over Norfolk.

Sheringham has a steam railway which goes to Holt via Kelling, a boating lake and my favourite putting green in the world (tough cliffside links course). Cromer's slightly busier with more fairground attractions and a pier, but for a proper "pleasure beach" type vibe you'd probably have to drive further round to Great Yarmouth - we always used to tie that in with a day round the Broads.

There's a nice horse sanctuary and farm park at West Runton too.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, The Blur said:

As Voll says there is a good animal sanctuary called hillside in west Runton. Sheringham is a good base as it is near Holt, Cromer, Wells etc. I would say best to stick to the coast as there’s loads of nice villages along there. Can see the seals at Blakeney too. From Brancaster all the way to Cromer there is plenty to see and do and loads of nice beaches etc. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dreadnought said:

Been to Sani Club several times and Dunes once. Now out of our price range as the kids are same price as us! We are now going to their Ikos resorts instead which are just as good. 

You will have a great time. Vardy and Gary Cahill were there at the same time as us on our last stay there. 

any tips on what’s good and what’s not so good? Lads 5 so he’s free at the min!

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

As Voll says there is a good animal sanctuary called hillside in west Runton. Sheringham is a good base as it is near Holt, Cromer, Wells etc. I would say best to stick to the coast as there’s loads of nice villages along there. Can see the seals at Blakeney too. From Brancaster all the way to Cromer there is plenty to see and do and loads of nice beaches etc. 

spent entire childhood in these parts - can fully recommend. 

• Thanks 1

As you've got young kids check out the searles complex at Hunstanton.👍🏾

Great base to venture around the area and visit places like, Jolt,Holkham, Brancaster and the amazing Wells Next the Sea

Edited by Raj
  • Thanks 1

Sorry Andy only just seen this - I part own a business and we are stupid busy at the moment so I don’t know my arse from elbow! 

Thanks for the below, I’ll reply properly tomorrow as I appreciate anyone who takes time out their day like you have with that message.

Cheers