Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

13 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Sorry Andy only just seen this - I part own a business and we are stupid busy at the moment so I don’t know my arse from elbow! 

Thanks for the below, I’ll reply properly tomorrow as I appreciate anyone who takes time out their day like you have with that message.

Cheers

I'll second this Tommy.   All responses to my Norfolk enquiries have been superb, it is much better to have authentic feedback.   I really appreciate all posters taking time out to comment and cannot really convey that enough beyond token thanks emoji.

Foxestalk can be a really great place at times!

• Like 1

On 06/01/2024 at 16:37, The Blur said:

Thinking of Norfolk this summer.   From quick research,  North Norfolk seems to be the nicest area to stay however I am contemplating to stay inland to keep costs and travelling times down.   

Any recommendations folks?   I have noted down Holt,Brancaster, Sheringham, Holkham and Cromer so far.   I have two boys,  currently two and half and four months so somewhere with lot of family activities will be good too.

I live in West Norfolk currently. A lot of the coastal places listed are great, I especially love Sheringham. Hunstanton is fine although more touristy than the others mentioned.

Then you have places like Thetford forest and Sandringham which have nice trails and parks for the kids. You also have Banham zoo which is a nice day out

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Finnair are offering some cracking deals on business class flights atm. Do I want to go back to Bogota or Lima? Hmm...

Able to bring me something back from Bogota?

2 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Able to bring me something back from Bogota?

You could always just pop to the toilets in the Kop just before half-time, I'm sure someone there will oblige :D

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

Yes is the only answer…

Had my mind set on South East Asia in November/December. Really want to do one trip on an A380 and experience the bar before they go out of service and I get too old to want to bother.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Daggers said:

Had my mind set on South East Asia in November/December. Really want to do one trip on an A380 and experience the bar before they go out of service and I get too old to want to bother.

I think your experience is made by who else is on the flight at the time and in that bar, great product though. 

I think the new club world club suite cabins on BA are better, its pretty much a first seat and inside an enclosed cabin - on all A350s and think they have rolled it out on most 787s and 777, but guaranteed on A350. 

Beats the YingYang set up on the A380 which is bizarre If you aren’t flying in a couple. 

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

I think your experience is made by who else is on the flight at the time and in that bar, great product though. 

I think the new club world club suite cabins on BA are better, its pretty much a first seat and inside an enclosed cabin - on all A350s and think they have rolled it out on most 787s and 777, but guaranteed on A350. 

Beats the YingYang set up on the A380 which is bizarre If you aren’t flying in a couple. 

Given my experience of the return to Warsaw around 4 yrs ago, it’ll be an exceptionally chilly for the time of year day in Hell before I ever step foot on another BA flight. I willingly pay more to fly with alternates.

Maybe things have and will improve now Álex Cruz has gone, but I’m just not prepared to ever give them another chance. BA used to be by first choice when we made three trips a year from South America. Cruz killed the soft and hard product.

13 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Given my experience of the return to Warsaw around 4 yrs ago, it’ll be an exceptionally chilly for the time of year day in Hell before I ever step foot on another BA flight. I willingly pay more to fly with alternates.

Maybe things have and will improve now Álex Cruz has gone, but I’m just not prepared to ever give them another chance. BA used to be by first choice when we made three trips a year from South America. Cruz killed the soft and hard product.

Yeh I think at the front it's better now as it has to be with the emergence of premium products like Cathay, Emirates, Qatar etc, they have got it right with the club suites too. People will remain more loyal due to Avios schemes vs other providers (guilty) I think it really does depend on the plane and route, and agree you can get much better elsewhere. 

On 21/09/2023 at 09:46, Tommy G said:

Ryanair do operate a young fleet of aircraft if that's your thing, they ordered 300 737 Max a few months ago. Big fan of Michael O'Leary, people think he's a cretin but he is a very astute and clever guy.

On 22/09/2023 at 16:08, bovril said:

Found this out sitting on my plane to Palermo earlier this month. Made me a bit nervous tbh but thought 'well it can't happen three times surely'

:twitch:

I have been a couple of times but I was much younger, so haven’t yet experienced this side of it really, so if anybody has any good bar/restaurant recommendations for Barcelona that would be appreciated. 

Off to Denver in the summer. 

Was there last year and did Estes Park and Denver Zoo as day trips. Also did a brewery tour and white water rafting. 

I don’t particularly want to go again (family obligation), but if anyone has been and has any ideas of something to keep me and the family occupied, I’m all ears. 

19 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Off to Belfast next week, anyone got any decent pub/bar recommendations?

Bittles for Guinness. Hit up the Cathedral quarter and you cant go wrong. Deers Head is town in decent for beer too. Dont touch a pint of Harp or Rockshore, they are everywhere but both shite.

59 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Bittles for Guinness. Hit up the Cathedral quarter and you cant go wrong. Deers Head is town in decent for beer too. Dont touch a pint of Harp or Rockshore, they are everywhere but both shite.

49 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The Crown, Robinsons and Brennan's (all next to each other) and The Duke of York. Top city, it really is.

Spot on, thanks both. 

On 10/01/2024 at 00:56, Daggers said:

I've got a pic somewhere of me behind the bar on an A380 mixing a cocktail.  This is a better memory than the endless hangover in the 6 hour stopover in Dubai.

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I've got a pic somewhere of me behind the bar on an A380 mixing a cocktail.  This is a better memory than the endless hangover in the 6 hour stopover in Dubai.

See, this is exactly what I want to spend £3000+ on. I’ve got drunk in some spectacular places - but never at a bar at 30,000 feet. 

15 hours ago, Milo said:

Was there last year and did Estes Park and Denver Zoo as day trips. Also did a brewery tour and white water rafting. 

I don’t particularly want to go again (family obligation), but if anyone has been and has any ideas of something to keep me and the family occupied, I’m all ears. 

So many hikes and options in the summer. Red Rocks Amphitheater is a must, or catch a baseball game at Coors Field. Colorado Rockies tickets are very cheap compared to other MLB teams...depending on the opponent, 1 ticket can cost as a much as a beer.

Also a +1 for Edgewater Public Market, huge food hall with shops and activities for kids/adults (we love American Axes, the hatchet throwing place in there). Also heard good things about FlyteCo Tower (the control tower of the old downtown Denver Airport) was converted to a center with mini golf, restaurant, bowling, and more for kids and adults.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Milo said:

Chill and smoke weed obvs. It's not Amsterdam where you get bucketloads of badly dressed ugly British people trying to fit in with a joint. I thought weed was the only reason people went to Colorado once, never mind twice.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Off to Belfast next week, anyone got any decent pub/bar recommendations?

There's a viewing tower to see the city from the top of the Victoria shopping centre that's worth a quick visit for free. 

It's such a great place for pubs. The Royal was good with it's Alex Higgins mural (if you like your snooker) It's more of a 'match day' pub than those previously mentioned. 

St George's Market is worth a visit too. It had a good atmosphere and plenty of options for food.

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

There's a viewing tower to see the city from the top of the Victoria shopping centre that's worth a quick visit for free. 

It's such a great place for pubs. The Royal was good with it's Alex Higgins mural (if you like your snooker) It's more of a 'match day' pub than those previously mentioned. 

St George's Market is worth a visit too. It had a good atmosphere and plenty of options for food.

Cheers. At George’s market looks like my sort of place.