Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Back to Berlin in January for 4 days, went a few months ago for 4 days as well but couldn't see everything and have got it cheap, my only complaint is that there are no matches being played on the dates I'm going but it's the only time I can get off.

Nice city though and not as expensive as some of my friends made it out to be.

Looking to book Milan also, want to visit the San Siro and watch a match, I've heard tickets are easy to get and not to expensive so looks like that might be next :)

Milan itself as a city is nothing special unless you are going shopping there with loads of cash to spend. It's very industrial but I guess it's worth it for the San Siro.

4 days till Mauritius!

• Like 1

Back to Berlin in January for 4 days, went a few months ago for 4 days as well but couldn't see everything and have got it cheap, my only complaint is that there are no matches being played on the dates I'm going but it's the only time I can get off.

Nice city though and not as expensive as some of my friends made it out to be.

Looking to book Milan also, want to visit the San Siro and watch a match, I've heard tickets are easy to get and not to expensive so looks like that might be next :)

Going Berlin in January too but luckily it's the first weekend back after the winter break and they're at home to Augsburg.

My first time, looking forward to it.

Going Berlin in January too but luckily it's the first weekend back after the winter break and they're at home to Augsburg.

My first time, looking forward to it.

Great timing mate, you should be able to get tickets easy for that!

The stadium is lovely, full of history, the running track means you're not as close to the pitch as other grounds but you'll have a good time!

The city itself is really nice, not overly expensive, of course the main centres such as Alexanderplatz are a little more pricey for food and drink but that's to be expected.

Going to Livingstone just after Christmas through New Year.

The hotel over looks the Zambezi, where you can see Elephants and Hippos. In the grounds Zebra and giraffe just walk around.

Should be lovely.

Yeah, but you live in Africa so that's just like me seeing a squirrel in my garden.

• Like 1

Milan itself as a city is nothing special unless you are going shopping there with loads of cash to spend. It's very industrial but I guess it's worth it for the San Siro.

4 days till Mauritius!

Hope you enjoy Mauritius.  I've been there before and it's a beautiful island.

If you're in a resort it's easy to just take in what they have to offer (some resorts and hotels own their own bit of coast, in fact a lot of the coast has been 'lost' that way, but IMO it's still worth hiring a car and exploring the island, it only takes about an hour and a half to drive from the airport to the second largest town Grande Baie in the north-west.  You can also get to beaches that you wouldn't otherwise see.  Belle Mare on the east coast is nice and as the winds are predominantly east-west the east side of the island is popular during the hotter months.   If you don't want to hire a car the buses are inexpensive and an experience.  There are many public beaches with no restrictions that only get busy at the weekend.

At this time of year it's likely to be steaming hot so be prepared.  You could also just catch the beginning of the rainy season.  If you get an overcast day Pamplemousse Gardens is a nice visit, as well as the plants and trees it has giant tortoises.

Hope you enjoy Mauritius. I've been there before and it's a beautiful island.

If you're in a resort it's easy to just take in what they have to offer (some resorts and hotels own their own bit of coast, in fact a lot of the coast has been 'lost' that way, but IMO it's still worth hiring a car and exploring the island, it only takes about an hour and a half to drive from the airport to the second largest town Grande Baie in the north-west. You can also get to beaches that you wouldn't otherwise see. Belle Mare on the east coast is nice and as the winds are predominantly east-west the east side of the island is popular during the hotter months. If you don't want to hire a car the buses are inexpensive and an experience. There are many public beaches with no restrictions that only get busy at the weekend.

At this time of year it's likely to be steaming hot so be prepared. You could also just catch the beginning of the rainy season. If you get an overcast day Pamplemousse Gardens is a nice visit, as well as the plants and trees it has giant tortoises.

Thanks mate. Yeah the island looks stunning and a fair bit to do so I might hire a car for a couple of days or just pay a taxi driver to take us around for a day.

Our hotel is a massive resort in itself on the north west coast (Balaclava) and yep, weather looks red hot but will get some rain as well.

Where you going in South Africa? I did 3 weeks this time last year and it was the bollocks. Cape Town is a must. Steer well clear of Jo'burg if you can though, hell hole.

Nothing concrete yet but most definitely Cape Town & Durban. Johannesburg was a possibility too lol.

One of my friends we're going with has a friend out there who is a game-keeper and has acres and acres of land with a huge villa in the middle. So we're planning on staying there for about 5-6 days and do some safari adventures. 

Flights now are only about £600 return :o

• Like 1

Any recommendations?

go to the baths/spa places in the day, think the main one (not gonna attempt to spell it) costs about 7 or 8 quid for entry and you can stay all day. there's a bar there and the baths are great. obviously naturally heated so will be a good break from potentially cold weather lol. other than that all we did in the daytime was mooch about, see a few touristy things and grab a few bevvies in parks and pub gardens, but we did go when it was about 35 degrees.

at night there's a lot of bars and the beers are cheap and the women are outta this world. we followed this "free" pub crawl on our first night; https://www.facebook.com/FreePubCrawlBudapest/?fref=tsit says it's free but from memory to get the "free drinks" and "free entry" you had to buy a wristband for about a fiver. we didn't fancy paying though so started chatting to the birds who were running it who were very sound and very fit and she said as long as we bought her a drink or gave her a tip we could follow and get a few drinks for free from being their mates. then obviously after doing that one night you get a feel for what's what and can skip a bar ere or there and know where to end up etc. there was a rooftop bar which was pretty cool and busy but i can't remember what it was called. 

but yeah basically the women are fit and the beer is cheap and nice. happy days. 

Nothing concrete yet but most definitely Cape Town & Durban. Johannesburg was a possibility too lol.

One of my friends we're going with has a friend out there who is a game-keeper and has acres and acres of land with a huge villa in the middle. So we're planning on staying there for about 5-6 days and do some safari adventures.

Flights now are only about £600 return :o

Let me know if you want some tips!

I am looking at some potential honeymoon destinations for 2017 April / May time, probably looking to go east to Thailand or Bali - anyone been? If so can you recommend Thailand itself or Phuket? Any advice would be appreciated.

May as well go Maldives if you are going all that way for honeymoon.

Thinking of heading over to Japan in the summer is that a good time to visit and what are the best cities to goto? also any other destinations over that side worth flying to as will be in Asia for a couple of weeks, done hong kong, thialand, Beijing.

The general consensus tends to be Octoberish time, as the summer over there is just too much. I've looked at going a few times...one day I'll get there, I just don't know when yet. I'm sure @@Finnegan has been over there before, so he could probably give you some good insight.

Thinking of heading over to Japan in the summer is that a good time to visit and what are the best cities to goto? also any other destinations over that side worth flying to as will be in Asia for a couple of weeks, done hong kong, thialand, Beijing.

Don't go to Japan in the summer, it's bad enough in April and October!! My Japanese friends laughed in my face when I suggested visiting in July. It's a time when the locals just want to veg out all day in the air con.

If you've been to Hong Kong, it's comparable. I went to Hong Kong in July, that was hard work!

I'm going back to Tokyo next year in April / May. It'll be tshirt weather without being insufferable. Last time we went was in Sept/Oct and it was still shorts and tshirts every day, sweating like a bastard, 90% humidity.