Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

On 26/05/2024 at 11:06, STEVIE B said:

Right, next port of call on the Italian adventure is a 3 night stay in Verona.

Probably going to see Verona v Inter later, may also hire a Vespa for a day. 

Anyone been there ? Any tips, trips or recommendations are very welcome. 

it's such a walkable city that you've probably seen it all by now, but if you haven't whiled away an hour or two in their ampitheatre then you've missed out.  I love Verona, such a beautiful little city. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

it's such a walkable city that you've probably seen it all by now, but if you haven't whiled away an hour or two in their ampitheatre then you've missed out.  I love Verona, such a beautiful little city. 

Beautiful city. Unfortunately the amphitheatre is gearing up for summer performances, so it's a hive of activity.... banners, advertising & scaffolding. Such a shame as it's an amazing arena.....a mini Colosseum almost. Had a great time here, would definitely return. Venice tomorrow for the last 2 nights of a great trip. 

• Like 1

Etihad have emailed me an update/change to our flight. Basically, it's just a change of aircraft and flight number.

But, we've booked seats in row 74 and the new plane only has 52 rows. Which is awkward...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Etihad have emailed me an update/change to our flight. Basically, it's just a change of aircraft and flight number.

But, we've booked seats in row 74 and the new plane only has 52 rows. Which is awkward...

Guess it's a Boeing and those are the rows that are going to fall off 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

A few days in Scarborough and Whitby.

We are staying in a place called Northallerton in North Yorkshire in July and will take a couple of days trips to Whitby and Scarborough as we aint been for about 15 years!!

Will wear our City tops with pride!!:scarf:lol

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Prague in September. 

Gran Canaria in April. 

Spent a weekend in Lowestoft couple weeks ago. Lovely part of the country. Would happily go back. 

Edited by StanSP

4 hours ago, Raj said:

We are staying in a place called Northallerton in North Yorkshire in July and will take a couple of days trips to Whitby and Scarborough as we aint been for about 15 years!!

Rishi Sunak's constituency, can we lynch the tory for voluntarily going to Sunak land

21 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Rishi Sunak's constituency, can we lynch the tory for voluntarily going to Sunak land

It wont be hopefully by the time we go!!:cool:

• Haha 1

Anyone had any experience of a refund from Ryanair? I cannot make a flight anymore, I have given them 'proof' that I have broken my neck and cannot fly due to medical advice, but nothing in return. What do you need to do to get any money/credit back? Scoured reddit etc, no advice.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Anyone had any experience of a refund from Ryanair? I cannot make a flight anymore, I have given them 'proof' that I have broken my neck and cannot fly due to medical advice, but nothing in return. What do you need to do to get any money/credit back? Scoured reddit etc, no advice.

I'm not sure that Ryanair would refund you for that if it's a non refundable booking, wouldn't it be a travel insurance claim?

I think I have probably exhausted my funds now!

1)  holiday at start of May to Newquay 

2) track day driving Mercedes at Weybridge in June

3) a dirty weekend in Blackpool in August

3a) getting BLADDERED in my mates garden for Oktoberfest

4) 2 week cruise to canary islands In October

5) Newquay again in April next

6) Trip to Lake district for a fortnight in June next

4 hours ago, Fathead1981 said:

Off to Croatia in a few weeks staying on a little island off Dubrovnik, planning on at least 1 day visit to Dubrovnik, anyone any recommendations/must see things? 

You can do self-guided 'Game Of Thrones' walking tours which are quite interesting.

We took the cable car to the top of the hill, has some lunch and walked back down the hill.  Great views from the top and a nice scenic walk back down.  

Dubrovnik can get seriously hot in the day (and busy).  Try and get there as early as you can, or into the evening - the town is great at night.

Get a ferry / boat over to a small town called Cavtat if you can - lovely small town on the coast. Great for wandering around and swim in the sea. Have stayed in Cavtat a couple of time on holiday.  Between Cavtat and Dubrovnik there is a large abandoned hotel where  (from the ferry / boat) you can see evidence of it being shelled during the war.  Crazy to think that happened during most of our lifetimes.

The whole area is great for snorkelling, paddle boarding, kayaking etc as the sea is so clear.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

That is what your travel insurance is for?

44 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'm not sure that Ryanair would refund you for that if it's a non refundable booking, wouldn't it be a travel insurance claim?

35 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

That is what your travel insurance is for?

Cheers, problem is there's nothing wrong with me, just cannot make the flight anymore and fishing for something back. Wondering if anyone had got a refund from Ryanair before and I can make up some proof around that reason. Don't dare try any funny business with travel insurance as they'll actually look into things

15 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Cheers, problem is there's nothing wrong with me, just cannot make the flight anymore and fishing for something back. Wondering if anyone had got a refund from Ryanair before and I can make up some proof around that reason. Don't dare try any funny business with travel insurance as they'll actually look into things

You've got no chance 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The only time I ever needed to complain to Ryanair was because they broke their own T&C's but they just completely ignored me.

During Covid we had up to 7 days before a flight to change the date free of charge, and when I tried they charged me GBP140 for it, even when I showed them screenshots of their own rules. They wouldn't have it so I paid it assuming I could claim it back afterwards but they just ignored all my emails. This was before I knew about the ADR, I wouldn't let them get away with it now.

But I think they are pretty strict and/or uninterested, good luck with it though, and I did think it unlikely you've actually broken your neck but didn't like to ask lol

7 hours ago, Raj said:

Lovely part of the world near Ripon go to the cathedral in Ripon and Fountain Abbey which is close by.  Harrogate is worth  a visit too.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

The only time I ever needed to complain to Ryanair was because they broke their own T&C's but they just completely ignored me.

During Covid we had up to 7 days before a flight to change the date free of charge, and when I tried they charged me GBP140 for it, even when I showed them screenshots of their own rules. They wouldn't have it so I paid it assuming I could claim it back afterwards but they just ignored all my emails. This was before I knew about the ADR, I wouldn't let them get away with it now.

But I think they are pretty strict and/or uninterested, good luck with it though, and I did think it unlikely you've actually broken your neck but didn't like to ask lol

Unbelievable! Ryanair are so useful given their prices, network and simplicity of service, but no way of getting anything out of them. I guess that's the deal we make with the devil. Had a fair bit of success via the ADR but given I am making everything up, cannot go through them. Will prob write this off then :( 

58 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Lovely part of the world near Ripon go to the cathedral in Ripon and Fountain Abbey which is close by.  Harrogate is worth  a visit too.

Knaresborough worth half of a day as well 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Unbelievable! Ryanair are so useful given their prices, network and simplicity of service, but no way of getting anything out of them. I guess that's the deal we make with the devil. Had a fair bit of success via the ADR but given I am making everything up, cannot go through them. Will prob write this off then :( 

Love your honesty lol

• Like 1