Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Cheers, problem is there's nothing wrong with me, just cannot make the flight anymore and fishing for something back. Wondering if anyone had got a refund from Ryanair before and I can make up some proof around that reason. Don't dare try any funny business with travel insurance as they'll actually look into things

So you're getting annoyed at a company even though you're trying to con them out of something they're not entitled to give out lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Cheers, problem is there's nothing wrong with me, just cannot make the flight anymore and fishing for something back. Wondering if anyone had got a refund from Ryanair before and I can make up some proof around that reason. Don't dare try any funny business with travel insurance as they'll actually look into things

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Unbelievable! Ryanair are so useful given their prices, network and simplicity of service, but no way of getting anything out of them. I guess that's the deal we make with the devil. Had a fair bit of success via the ADR but given I am making everything up, cannot go through them. Will prob write this off then :( 

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Feck me your not shining a good light on yourself are you!!!

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So you're getting annoyed at a company even though you're trying to con them out of something they're not entitled to give out lol

4 minutes ago, Raj said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Feck me your not shining a good light on yourself are you!!!

Absolutely, they do you over at every opportunity possible. Not gonna be crying crocodile tears for Ryanair’s profitability. That’s the game 

Posted (edited)

Seen that Mallorca have been having protesters within the resorts against holiday makers and tourists.... think there forgetting the tourists bring money to the area. I can understand they must feel like in beach resorts they have been takeover and in some cases, places have become little Britain. But lets just say protests I found a little strong, if we did that in the UK we'd be called racist.  

Best way forward if we're not welcome there, then don't go back simple as. Don't want our money fine, us Brits will go elsewhere.

Edited by Leicesterpool

6 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Seen that Mallorca have been having protesters within the resorts against holiday makers and tourists.... think there forgetting the tourists bring money to the area. I can understand they must feel like in beach resorts they have been takeover and in some cases, places have become little Britain. But lets just say protests I found a little strong, if we did that in the UK we'd be called racist.  

Best way forward if we're not welcome there, then don't go back simple as. Don't want our money fine, us Brits will go elsewhere.

It's not racist to protest against tourists lol

The tourists might bring money to the local business owners for a couple of months a year, but they bring big problems too. They are often anti social creating pressure on the police, they bring extra rubbish and litter, and they are certainly pricing out the locals of housing particularly on the Spanish islands.

The extra money they bring to the restaurants and bars doesn't cover the extra infrastructure needed to accommodate them, and locals who can no longer afford to live where they were born and brought up are understandably peeved to say the least.

Oh and Spain definitely wouldn't miss the Brits, in fact they'd be glad if most never returned, we're hardly big spenders on holiday, it's all about the Russians and the Scandinavians these days.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I might protest with them, trying to sort a Spanish holiday that isn’t like Britain in the sun these days is painful. If I go to Spain I want to get away from you lot, drink my Cerveza and eat my Paella without having to listen to a Scouse or Geordie accent for several days :ph34r:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Nothing better than going to Majorca and having a full fry up every day with the lads, getting p1ssed on cheap beer with your footy tops on and being d1cks. Never venturing out of the resort to sample the local cuisine or areas of outstanding beauty. Stay in Magaluf and get hammered innit, that's why the locals love Brits!!

I'm heading to Singapore/ Indonesia for family next month, with a 3 day spur to Bangkok. I'll be down the road from the massive King Power building.

English is one of the official languages in Singapore, so I've been focusing on some Thai basics. 

Anyone been? I'll probably do the temples but I'm not a mad nightlife party guy. Not 20 anymore!

Had a great stay in the north east over the bank holiday.

Went to Newcastle, Haggerston, Bambrugh, Seahouses, Wooler, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Goswick.

Such a nice area, even with unpredictable weather and the people all seemed really friendly.

There looked to be some cracking golf courses, but need to go down the driving range more often before I return and try them out. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

I'm heading to Singapore/ Indonesia for family next month, with a 3 day spur to Bangkok. I'll be down the road from the massive King Power building.

English is one of the official languages in Singapore, so I've been focusing on some Thai basics. 

Anyone been? I'll probably do the temples but I'm not a mad nightlife party guy. Not 20 anymore!

Might be worth you watching the latter part of the recent Race Across The World Series 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Went to Newcastle, Haggerston, Bambrugh, Seahouses, Wooler, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Goswick.

Such a nice area, even with unpredictable weather and the people all seemed really friendly.

There looked to be some cracking golf courses, but need to go down the driving range more often before I return and try them out. 

That area and also North Yorkshire is very nice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

This is s part of England I'd really like to explore 

• Like 1

On 29/05/2024 at 09:58, Fathead1981 said:

Off to Croatia in a few weeks staying on a little island off Dubrovnik, planning on at least 1 day visit to Dubrovnik, anyone any recommendations/must see things? 

I was in Croatia a month ago, lovely scenery. I did go to Dubrovnik, and it made my head spin,. In fairness it was only a 20 minute bus ride from where i was staying, so worth a punt. Certainly not my cup of tea, but each to their own.

I did find Croatia was quite expensive compared to other places, but the scenery more than, made up for that. And we did fall lucky with the weather, so that helped. 

• Like 1

Weird destination choice but was looking at taking my partner to Sheffield for two nights, so no one has to drive(cheap and no changes on the train either from Leicester). With the idea of having a day/night in Sheffield and then a day in the Peak District on the train from there. I’ve been a number of times to Sheffield for football and as a student ages ago but would anyone recommend this as a place for two nights, next month? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, tsmiggy30 said:

I was in Croatia a month ago, lovely scenery. I did go to Dubrovnik, and it made my head spin,. In fairness it was only a 20 minute bus ride from where i was staying, so worth a punt. Certainly not my cup of tea, but each to their own.

I did find Croatia was quite expensive compared to other places, but the scenery more than, made up for that. And we did fall lucky with the weather, so that helped. 

Agreed.

I've just got back from Croatia. Dubrovnik is beautiful, but quite expensive and rammed with tourists. It tends to quieten down in the evening though so I'd recommend staying over one night. You can do it easily in one day. Deffo worth visiting though!

I also did Zagreb, Plitvice, Trogir, Split and Hvar. It's a beautiful country and I thoroughly enjoyed my trip. All the costal towns (Trogir, Split, Hvar and Dubrovnik) are very pretty, but fairly similar. My favourite place was Zagreb- reminded me of Prague in terms of its architecture. It was significantly cheaper and less touristy than everywhere else too. 

Most of the coastal towns seemed to be rammed with big tourist groups (especially Americans). I've had similar experiences in Italy too. Have Americans always flocked to European towns en masse, or is this a new phenomenon? I suppose America is growing richer than Europe by the year so they must have significant purchasing power over here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, westernpark said:

Weird destination choice but was looking at taking my partner to Sheffield for two nights, so no one has to drive(cheap and no changes on the train either from Leicester). With the idea of having a day/night in Sheffield and then a day in the Peak District on the train from there. I’ve been a number of times to Sheffield for football and as a student ages ago but would anyone recommend this as a place for two nights, next month? 

Best pub city pubs for pound in England imo. Kelham Island is fantastic and it’s worth heading into the suburbs like Walkley and Crookes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, westernpark said:

Kelham Island Museum and Western Park Museum are worth visits too. As Stadt says it is mega for pubs. Drop me a PM if you need some of the none central ones recommending.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Kelham Island Museum and Western Park Museum are worth visits to. As Stadt says it is mega for pubs. Drop me a PM if you need some of the none central ones recommending.

Cheers, I definitely will if I go ahead. Always thought there should be a museum to Western Park…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Best pub city pubs for pound in England imo. Kelham Island is fantastic and it’s worth heading into the suburbs like Walkley and Crookes. 

I'm still paying off my student debt. 

• Haha 1