Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

On 30/05/2024 at 11:03, fox_up_north said:

I'm heading to Singapore/ Indonesia for family next month, with a 3 day spur to Bangkok. I'll be down the road from the massive King Power building.

English is one of the official languages in Singapore, so I've been focusing on some Thai basics. 

Anyone been? I'll probably do the temples but I'm not a mad nightlife party guy. Not 20 anymore!

Singapore is a lovely City. I can't recall exactly what we did and my usually reliable itinerary document isn't very informative. We were supposed to be going to Shanghai and it was switched to Singapore, with only a few days notice, when travel to China became prohibited Feb 2020, so our planning was a bit adhock. The gardens are stunning and we definitely went to the ship hotel. China Town was great, if not ironic on our visit! 

Bangkok is a mad place, lots of nice temples and we did a lovely river cruise. 

If you're flying into Singapore, check the prohibited items list carefully and also the customs to observe whilst there. Things like eating on the tube carry a fine. 

As I’ve said to Una in another thread, if you’re flying from Heathrow anytime soon, factor in the massive queue for security clearance. It’s vast. Like, if you took Gary Taylor-Fletcher and made him a queue - that’s how big. 

They’re also doing the 100ml liquids and removing your tech thing again. 

• Like 1

We were getting ready over the weekend to book a week in Estepona in September, done fairly cheaply as well to fall in line with the Wedding savings pot. Invite gets extended to her sister and sisters boyfriend.

-Can’t fly at that time

-Got to have a 20k check-in instead of two 10k carry ons

-Need extra leg room

-We should hire a car instead of transfer

-Why doesn’t the accommodation have a pool?

-Isnt there anywhere more central to stay?

Just leave me at home please :frusty:

Edited by LcFc_Smiv
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

We were getting ready over the weekend to book a week in Estepona in September, done fairly cheaply as well to fall in line with the Wedding savings pot. Invite gets extended to her sister and sisters boyfriend.

-Can’t fly at that time

-Got to have a 20k check-in instead of two 10k carry ons

-Need extra leg room

-We should hire a car instead of transfer

-Why doesn’t the accommodation have a pool?

-Isnt there anywhere more central to stay?

Just leave me at home please :frusty:

If that was me I'd be saying 'oh well, maybe next time then' 

They can choose all that, but you can still stick with your plans 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

As I’ve said to Una in another thread, if you’re flying from Heathrow anytime soon, factor in the massive queue for security clearance. It’s vast. Like, if you took Gary Taylor-Fletcher and made him a queue - that’s how big. 

That sucks how long would you say to allow?

20 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

That sucks how long would you say to allow?

No idea tbh. I went through the priority lane which took around 30minutes - but that was because, yetafvckinggain, I was singled out as a drug dealing terrorist for a more thorough inspection. Every fvcking time. 

“Anything sharp on you, Sir?”

”Just my razor sharp caustic wit.”

• Haha 2

On 30/05/2024 at 22:58, Leicesterpool said:

Turkey looking more possibility now, marmaris seems to be recommended resort. Anyone been, any good?

Mate just been there and said it was full of British bellends due to being cheap 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

Mate just been there and said it was full of British bellends due to being cheap 

I think your indirectly hammerring yourself aint you!!!:D

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

Good intel, i'll be there Thursday and I'm not going to get there until 1hr 30 before flight so i'll hurry on through.

On 10/06/2024 at 04:37, martyn said:

Good intel, i'll be there Thursday and I'm not going to get there until 1hr 30 before flight so i'll hurry on through.

Flew out of Terminal 2 yesterday morning. The liquid thing was happening, but we didn't have to remove our tech (even though the sign said to do it). Queue was maybe 15 minutes, was even shorter for my friend in Terminal 5 at the same time. 

Anyone flown out of Birmingham recently? Saw a few videos on Twitter/X of queues outside and it taking people ages to get through to departures. Anyone know how long this will be going on for?

59 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Anyone flown out of Birmingham recently? Saw a few videos on Twitter/X of queues outside and it taking people ages to get through to departures. Anyone know how long this will be going on for?

It was ok last weekend, took around 30 mins through security.

We weren't queuing out of the door like the pictures the other day.

1 hour ago, NJFox said:

Flew out of Terminal 2 yesterday morning. The liquid thing was happening, but we didn't have to remove our tech (even though the sign said to do it). Queue was maybe 15 minutes, was even shorter for my friend in Terminal 5 at the same time. 

I hate you. 

Clearly, not as much as I hate security at Heathrow. They’ve obviously dropped the tech thing since the disaster yesterday. 

I’m genuinely  convinced that Rudkin is at least partially involved.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Flying out of Gatwick in July & August and not looking forward to it - havent been since pre covid. Hate the place. 

I like Gatwick, usually a decent experience. Fly out of there minimum once a month so pretty used to it now.

7 hours ago, kenny said:

It was ok last weekend, took around 30 mins through security.

We weren't queuing out of the door like the pictures the other day.

@lcfc278 Done some more research.

Ignore this it's hell.

We fly out on Wednesday and am now dreading it. Worth noting if you are flying Jet2 or TUI you can now bag drop the day before to save time.

Train travel in this country summed up. 3rd august - Eurostar to Amsterdam 

3rd August can’t get to London from Leicester due to engineering works 

Second and third options are taking the train from Nuneaton or Rugby. Walk to St Pancras from Euston. Bus replacement services between Leicester and Birmingham that day - so have to drive or get a lift to Nuneaton….which have to do as well for the third choice Rugby. 

It’s a broken organisational nightmare 

Has anyone gone to Mexico, Playa Del Carmen with a toddler/young child?

Being invited to a wedding next year and I guessing it will be fine.. looks like there are things at the hotels but is there more around the area to do? 

9 hours ago, kenny said:

@lcfc278 Done some more research.

Ignore this it's hell.

We fly out on Wednesday and am now dreading it. Worth noting if you are flying Jet2 or TUI you can now bag drop the day before to save time.

Oh dear. The videos/photos on twitter don't look great. I don't fly out until the summer so I'm hoping they'll have got their act together by then as the kids will be a nightmare. Good luck next week!

Just now, lcfc278 said:

Oh dear. The videos/photos on twitter don't look great. I don't fly out until the summer so I'm hoping they'll have got their act together by then as the kids will be a nightmare. Good luck next week!

I'll update on Wednesday. My flight is at 8am which appears to be the worst time.

Have you bought your fast track yet? If not, get on it, its only £5 but its very limited in numbers.