Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Me and the other half have decided to backpack around Italy for our honeymoon next May. We're just booking flights and keeping plans open for whilst we're there. Want to tick off Venice, Bologna, Florence, San Marino, Vatican and Rome at the very least. Hoping the Serie A season is still going whilst we're there. Can't wait! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

AC really is for weak people. 

Strong disagree!! AC is for people who like to sleep comfortably when it's over 30 degrees at night and who need a comfortable night's sleep to function for the next day of paid employment lol

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Strong disagree!! AC is for people who like to sleep comfortably when it's over 30 degrees at night and who need a comfortable night's sleep to function for the next day of paid employment lol

100%.

I like the heat but when it's that hot you need AC We have AC in our house (most houses here do) but it doesn't really work upstairs so it gets bloody hot. I have a fan in my room but it just moves hot air. Most of the time I will just go to the mainfloor to sleep in the hot summer heat.

We keep our house at 24 which isn't cold but comfortable. A lot of people I know keep it at 22 or lower which is freezing IMO.

It is currently 29 feels like 34 here. Next week we are looking at some days of 34 feels like 42.   The extremes in Canada are mental!

Edited by Jattdogg

4 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Haha. You are right ofc and I’m acting out because all day it was 38 outside and I for some reason needed an extra layer whilst inside. I was leaving all doors open to let the hot air indoors. Going outside at any opportunity to feel the heat. Heating is also for weak people and I have the heating on 10 months a year 

18 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Me and the other half have decided to backpack around Italy for our honeymoon next May. We're just booking flights and keeping plans open for whilst we're there. Want to tick off Venice, Bologna, Florence, San Marino, Vatican and Rome at the very least. Hoping the Serie A season is still going whilst we're there. Can't wait! 

We did a similar Trip in 2016. Went from Rome to Milan and made it into a hop on hop off two week tour. Last two nights fell in Milan with the Champions league final which was great.

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Been looking at the Eternal Derby (Belgrade) since the fixture dates came out last week. I didn't realise the options to get into Belgrade be so limited. 

Going to wear your 2000-01 Muzzy Izzet shirt to the game? 

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Been looking at the Eternal Derby (Belgrade) since the fixture dates came out last week. I didn't realise the options to get into Belgrade be so limited. 

We got the train from Budapest to Belgrade which took about 4 hours. Not sure if that's something you've considered. In fact, I'd base myself there as it's the better city and just go in for the game if the times are good 

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

We got the train from Budapest to Belgrade which took about 4 hours. Not sure if that's something you've considered. In fact, I'd base myself there as it's the better city and just go in for the game if the times are good 

Cheers. I was trying to work out the best nearby train station.

Bit of a geek for Yugoslav history so I’d like to stay in Belgrade 

4 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

That would be amazing. Wizz air fly from Luton, presumably this doesn’t fit your schedule

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Budapest-Belgrade High Speed line out of use until 2025 apparently but will make the time down to 2hrs 40mins!

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

That would be amazing. Wizz air fly from Luton, presumably this doesn’t fit your schedule

It does. Just the flights are utter horror times. One benefit of Wizz though is their Flex option for £15 - which is very useful if they move the game (which they have done before) with little notice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Budapest-Belgrade High Speed line out of use until 2025 apparently but will make the time down to 2hrs 40mins!

That's a shame. A big part of the fun is finding a way to get there. I'm sure whatever you end up doing will be interesting. The game certainly will be!

10 hours ago, bovril said:

Going to wear your 2000-01 Muzzy Izzet shirt to the game? 

Haha.

You know, that game away to Belgrade we missed a trick that sport beats politics.

I remember Chairman John Elsom went over to Belgrade to check it out,  they rolled the red carpet out for him, guaranteed our safety and offered to switch the legs so it didn't clash with their general election. 

We could've gone over in a genuine sign of sporting friendship. 

Instead - I guess under government pressure - we whined to uefa about safety and got the away leg relocated to Vienna and they (with some justification) hated us for it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wrighty22 said:

Flying from Stanstead in August, anyone flew recently from there and know what the queues are like?

I'll let you know, I'll find out on Sunday morning. 

• Like 1

On 14/06/2024 at 21:26, Wrighty22 said:

Flying from Stanstead in August, anyone flew recently from there and know what the queues are like?

It took 15 minutes at 5.30am this morning. That was through fast track. I couldn't see the general area fully but it looked packed. I'd recommend booking fast track. It's £5 well spend in my book. 

I do very much dislike Stanstead airport. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Just booked 8 nights in Rhodes in August….  A villa in a little village with a few tavernas…. Any tips?

We are going in july, 3 nights on Symi then 11 nights in rhodes so will let you know when we get back. Where are you staying?

1 hour ago, stretch1965 said:

We are going in july, 3 nights on Symi then 11 nights in rhodes so will let you know when we get back. Where are you staying?

A small village 5km along the coast from Falaraki… Afantou