Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

1 hour ago, VLC86 said:

Been on many, my other half flys them and he has said they are the safest planes in the sky due to the level of testing since the issues

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

I work in aviation, just don't sit near the doors....

Joking aside, very safe now - Boeing have just bought Spirit, in an attempt to bolster safety standards. Boeing are losing market share to Airbus by the day and have had a really slow start to the year, but they have c5,000 737 MAX planes in an order backlog. 

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Looks like I'm going to be going to Protaras In Cyprus for a wedding. 

Really not my bag and not a place or holiday I would ever book. 

It's not ****ing cheap either. 

Unless the people already live in countries abroad, I never u derstand why couples choose to marry away from home - and I’d sure as shit never pay to attend

• Like 3

13 hours ago, bovril said:

Can someone try and convince me it's ok to fly Ryanair and their Boeing MAX planes. Bit nervous...

Lovely plane. Quiet and sleek cabin. Safe af (now) 

Plus fly be wire..as.much as I like Airbus, heaven help you if the electrics failed or a.smalk fire ever took.hold. At least Boeing still have pulleys and cables to fly the thing if need be

• Thanks 1

12 nights in Spain from next week, not far from Tarragona. Family holiday, so beaches, theme parks and water parks. Just booked a coach trip up to Andorra as well. May pop to Barcelona for the day, but been several times before so not too fussed.

Also finally my wife and I get to take my lad to Poland in October. Flying into Poznań and out of Kraków five days later, with just a backpack each. Spend a couple of days in each city nd one somewhere in between - ideally Katowice, but possibly Wrocław, Łódź or Warsaw; and most possibly dictated by wherever the Monday night Ekstraklasa game is being played.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Daggers said:

Unless the people already live in countries abroad, I never u derstand why couples choose to marry away from home - and I’d sure as shit never pay to attend

I agree completely but the other half wants to go as it's her mate. 

Complete waste of a holiday imo. 

Has anyone here been to Cyprus late in the year? Looking for some cheap sunshine inNovember for my wife's birthday and that was one of the places that popped up in our budget on the holiday comparison sites. We like our ancient Roman and greek history and we know there are some interesting sites in Cyprus to the destination itself appeals to us, we're just wondering what the weather would be like that time of year

6 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Has anyone here been to Cyprus late in the year? Looking for some cheap sunshine inNovember for my wife's birthday and that was one of the places that popped up in our budget on the holiday comparison sites. We like our ancient Roman and greek history and we know there are some interesting sites in Cyprus to the destination itself appeals to us, we're just wondering what the weather would be like that time of year

Protaras is pretty good

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wrighty22 said:

5 weeks tomorrow until I go Gran Canaria. Just me and my son and I can’t wait. 

Whereabouts you staying? 

We've booked there for April, staying near Maspalomas. 

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Protaras is pretty good

We went their several years ago end of September and it's a great place as a base for exploring historic sites. Not too expensive that time of year either.

Off to Scotland next weekend for a week. Never been before and planning on checking out Edinburgh, Loch Lomond and Fort William. Driving up there, what’s the best route to take? M6 or M1??

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Yastafox said:

Off to Scotland next weekend for a week. Never been before and planning on checking out Edinburgh, Loch Lomond and Fort William. Driving up there, what’s the best route to take? M6 or M1??

If you're off to Edinburgh first, M1 then A1.

Otherwise M6.

Edited by boots60
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Yastafox said:

Did Loch Lomond in 2020, great climb that is. 

• Like 1

On 03/07/2024 at 10:13, TiffToff88 said:

I haven't been quite as late as November but we've been mid/late October and it's usually mid 20s during the day and you'd probably need a jumper by the evening if you're out and about, but nothing major. 

I guess it'd probably start dropping off temperature wise around mid-November so if you can go nearer that start then that would be better, depends how much you're going for the weather vs the history..

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Górnik Leicester said:

Anyone been to Andorra La Vella? Have a day there next week, and starting to wonder what the hell there is to do... 

Whole new meaning to the term 'mini break' 

• Haha 1

On 07/07/2024 at 00:36, Yastafox said:

M6 is shite until Preston then dead quiet and fast all the way to Glasgow 

Great scenery too

• Like 1

North Yorkshire next week.

45 mins away from Whitby which we havent been to over 15 years.

Gonna do York, Harrofate, Knarlsboough and some other sh1t!