Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Sat in Heathrow off to Santorini for the wife's birthday. Any recommendations in Fira welcome.

Also, this vineyard isn’t too far away (the whole island is drivable in about 45 mins) and you can book the outside to watch the sun go down which was decent. https://venetsanoswinery.com 

The wife enjoys that show where couples race around the world. The wife also enjoys a touch of luxury during her breaks. I've decided to completely ignore the latter and spent the afternoon planning budget travel and budget accommodation across Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam.

Has anyone done anything similar for a change...and did your marriage survive?

Night buses, shitty villages, pig offal and the possibility of contracting at least one tropical disease - i reckon its going to be great lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

The wife enjoys that show where couples race around the world. The wife also enjoys a touch of luxury during her breaks. I've decided to completely ignore the latter and spent the afternoon planning budget travel and budget accommodation across Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam.

Night buses, shitty villages, pig offal and the possibility of contracting at least one tropical disease - i reckon its going to be great lol

I spent 2 weeks in Cambodia, it’s an experience for sure. Loved it though.

Seems like the Spanish getting their way and driving british tourists away. A lot holiday chains will be having sleepless nights, not forgetting the british owned bars. They will find themselves short changed in years to come without the tourism..

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

I'm now going straight to the 'how was your day' thread to discover @Daggersreporting that his wife has filed for divorce lol

6 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

I'm now going straight to the 'how was your day' thread to discover @Daggersreporting that his wife has filed for divorce lol

Oh she doesn't know.

All she knows is nlahblahblahBangkokblahblahAngkorWatblahblahHoChiMinhCity, the back breaking bus journeys and the cockroach infested rooms with a broken fan is going to come as the big (enjoyable) surprise.

In fact I'm spending more on a camera to document her trip than I am on her flights and costs. I'm planning on sharing that snippet of information with her as I take a closely cropped shot of her moaning about being tired and uncomfortable.

It's going to be ace.

...And then I'm checking into somewhere comfortable to work on a book for 6-8 weeks as she flies home.

I'm too loveable to divorce. Ask anyone here, they'll tell you. :whistle:

Edited by Daggers
  • Haha 2

Just returned from my first cruise ( the one with George Michael doesn't count). Fair to say i'm hooked. Anyone have any advice on the best and most affordable cruise companies out there. 

1 hour ago, jonthefox said:

Just returned from my first cruise ( the one with George Michael doesn't count). Fair to say i'm hooked. Anyone have any advice on the best and most affordable cruise companies out there. 

Different cruise companies suit different people, depending on their circumstances and what they need and want from a cruise. Family entertainment and activities or quiet and relaxing? So, It's difficult to say. Plus, you can book different levels of experience within each company to suit your cruise style and budget. I happily pay extra to be in a separate section of the ship (MSC Yacht Club) and avoid being with lots of people lol

The length of cruise, newness of the ship, destination and time of year all significantly impact price too.

I got a quote last year for a friend, 7 nights on a new ship, going to Norway. It was more than I was paying for 28 nights on a slightly older ship for a repositioning cruise.

Edited by FoyleFox

59 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Me and the wife went to the Caribbean in December for 2 weeks and are doing the same this year, getting back on 23rd of December. Like you, we're hooked! 

Went with Tui on Marella voyager last time and are going on the marella discovery this time. No other holiday compares now. I'd highly recommend Marella if you want a more varied crowd (less formal and more casual).

Going Sicily on Wednesday for 11 nights.

I hate the lead up to holidays and always end up with about 6 lists of things to pack/remember to do. 

Then there's the anxiety of if the taxi turns up on time, all the airport hassle, will my health be O.K, driving abroad etc. etc.

I just find the whole thing very stressful. 

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I hate the lead up to holidays and always end up with about 6 lists of things to pack/remember to do. 

Then there's the anxiety of if the taxi turns up on time, all the airport hassle, will my health be O.K, driving abroad etc. etc.

Sicily won't lower your anxiety!

The best thing to do is accept it will be stressful and embrace the chaos.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

2 hours ago, bovril said:

Sicily won't lower your anxiety!

The best thing to do is accept it will be stressful and embrace the chaos.

I absolutely loved my short trip in May. I suspect I will go back to explore more of it over the next few years.

Where abouts are you off to @Izzy?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

I absolutely loved my short trip in May. I suspect I will go back to explore more of it over the next few years.

Where in Sicily did you go? 

You absolutely have to go back. So much to explore. More than some whole countries have. 

I’ve been in Maspalomas for 8 days with the family and I’m now bored and want to come home. 

I’ve even taken to talking with the other guests about football and the German 2nd division, Glasgow Rangers and Ayoze Perez. 

19 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

We've got a villa in a small seaside town called Fontaine Bianche which is about 10km from Syracuse on the south of the island.

Completely the other side of Sicily to Palermo and a good 3 hour drive, so not sure if we'll do a day trip out there or not.

I've left it to the wife and kids to decide what we do every day. I just want to get there in one piece and then relax....:cool:

14 minutes ago, Izzy said:

We've got a villa in a small seaside town called Fontaine Bianche which is about 10km from Syracuse on the south of the island.

Completely the other side of Sicily to Palermo and a good 3 hour drive, so not sure if we'll do a day trip out there or not.

I've left it to the wife and kids to decide what we do every day. I just want to get there in one piece and then relax....:cool:

I'd suggest maybe not.

My Dad still breaks down in tears when I remind him of his attempts to navigate Palermo's ring roads. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Where in Sicily did you go? 

You absolutely have to go back. So much to explore. More than some whole countries have. 

We spoke on here before (changed user name), 1 night in Palermo and 2 in Cefalu.

Only downside was the jelly fish in the sea.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

We spoke on here before (changed user name), 1 night in Palermo and 2 in Cefalu.

Only downside was the jelly fish in the sea.

Ah yes. Glad you enjoyed it. Cefalu is beautiful.

I was in Levanzo last year and we found a little beach with the water full of medusi. Hundreds of em. 

10 minutes ago, bovril said:

Ah yes. Glad you enjoyed it. Cefalu is beautiful.

I was in Levanzo last year and we found a little beach with the water full of medusi. Hundreds of em. 

There were loads there as well, the locals were just throwing them around. F uck that lol