Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

I was looking for a place to crash in Barbados…this place looked decent on the surface of it. And then I read their own description….

IMG_0688.thumb.jpeg.277412674b18e3c9a45ff6c631078b43.jpegI mean, I’m all for honesty, but I don’t think they’re doing themselves any favours here! 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Milo said:

I was looking for a place to crash in Barbados…this place looked decent on the surface of it. And then I read their own description….

IMG_0688.thumb.jpeg.277412674b18e3c9a45ff6c631078b43.jpegI mean, I’m all for honesty, but I don’t think they’re doing themselves any favours here! 

They are basically letting you know that any shagging will wake the whole community 

17 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

They are basically letting you know that any shagging will wake the whole community 

And there was I thinking those days were long behind me..!

2 hours ago, waddadamadda said:

Finally back from our road trip and covered just shy of 2800 miles. Would I do it again? 100% yes. 

Mont Blanc is absolutely insane and definitely somewhere I’d go back to. We camped facing Mont Blanc and it’s a breathtaking view. 

We stayed in a mixture of Airbnb’s and camp sites (mainly Airbnb’s as I’m a bit of a princess) and it was really good fun. 

We managed to spend less that £100 a day on food and snacks and that included eating out almost every night. 

A somewhat controversial opinion here…..I don’t like Rome. Far too overwhelming for me but perhaps my opinion would change if it was a different time of the year. 

Temperatures ranged from 23 degrees in Calais down to 43 degrees in Italy :o The 10 year old found Italy too warm but the teenager loved it. 

In total we used 3 and a half tanks of fuel and our beautiful T5 didn’t miss a beat. 

The worst part of the journey? The fricking M25 on the way home. 3 lanes closed, part of the Dartford Tunnel closed and what should’ve been an easy 3.5 hours drive back turned into just under 7 hours. 

Countries covered - France Belgium Switzerland Luxembourg and Italy which beats our previous record of 4 visited in one trip last year. 

Already planning next years trip!

Sounds Immense. Mate, for the same driving distance of Leicester to Rome, I essentially can leave where I live in the Greater Toronto area and still be in Ontario  (if heading west) LOL.

If I head south,  the same distance would take me to Orlando,  Florida.

The wifes brother drives to Orlando every year as he loves it down there. 20 to 24 hours straight with no hotel stop overs for the night.

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Sounds Immense. Mate, for the same driving distance of Leicester to Rome, I essentially can leave where I live in the Greater Toronto area and still be in Ontario  (if heading west) LOL.

The wifes brother drives to Orlando every year as he loves it down there. 20 to 24 hours straight with no hotel stop overs for the night.

Had a friend in high-school who would drive to Florida and back on a weekend.

Crazy that it's the same amount of time it would take to drive to Winnipeg 🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

He a drug mule?

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

A couple of days in Brugges followed by a night in Lille and the end of August. Just be nice to get away

Goto Gent if you can its lovely!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Oooh nice thanks. Kind of pushed for time so do you reckon a night in Ghent instead of Lille?

You will do the center of Gent in a day its beautiful and you can chill near the river in the evening.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

The Topjaw series on YouTube did a video in Lille and it looked great for eating and boozing 

Fair enough, I have no idea so only going on what I’ve been told and what I posted was pretty much a direct quote lol 

11 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

It was a shock to my eldest when she realised how small the UK actually is!

I love a road trip but 20+ hours non stop, nope. I’m bored after 4 hours 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raj said:

You will do the center of Gent in a day its beautiful and you can chill near the river in the evening.

Sightseeing is overrated.

9006770ae5a7e207009b222656265451.jpg

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

He a drug mule?

No, just loves the heat and hates canadian winters. He drives down there during our winters for a week.  My wife has family down there as well that he will visit. 

Island people like the heat even when they move here, they seek it out when they can!

14 hours ago, waddadamadda said:

Finally back from our road trip and covered just shy of 2800 miles. Would I do it again? 100% yes. 

Mont Blanc is absolutely insane and definitely somewhere I’d go back to. We camped facing Mont Blanc and it’s a breathtaking view. 

We stayed in a mixture of Airbnb’s and camp sites (mainly Airbnb’s as I’m a bit of a princess) and it was really good fun. 

We managed to spend less that £100 a day on food and snacks and that included eating out almost every night. 

A somewhat controversial opinion here…..I don’t like Rome. Far too overwhelming for me but perhaps my opinion would change if it was a different time of the year. 

Temperatures ranged from 23 degrees in Calais down to 43 degrees in Italy :o The 10 year old found Italy too warm but the teenager loved it. 

In total we used 3 and a half tanks of fuel and our beautiful T5 didn’t miss a beat. 

The worst part of the journey? The fricking M25 on the way home. 3 lanes closed, part of the Dartford Tunnel closed and what should’ve been an easy 3.5 hours drive back turned into just under 7 hours. 

Countries covered - France Belgium Switzerland Luxembourg and Italy which beats our previous record of 4 visited in one trip last year. 

Already planning next years trip!

No I wouldn't say so. I found it very jarring on my first visit. Second visit I head off to Trastevere district and the less busy sights, enjoyed it a lot. 

16 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

No, just loves the heat and hates canadian winters. He drives down there during our winters for a week.  My wife has family down there as well that he will visit. 

Island people like the heat even when they move here, they seek it out when they can!

Orlando though? The best bit of Orlando is driving out of it, surely?

Just now, Daggers said:

Orlando though? The best bit of Orlando is driving out of it, surely?

It's a cheap vacation to drive down instead of flying 5 people down. They go around to west palm and Miami. The whole area in between really.

Just now, Jattdogg said:

It's a cheap vacation to drive down instead of flying 5 people down. They go around to west palm and Miami. The whole area in between really.

Horses for courses, I guess. Can't say I ever warmed to Florida.

14 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Horses for courses, I guess. Can't say I ever warmed to Florida.

It's just somewhere hot to get to, cheaper and family is around. Beats the -10 canadian winter for a week.

Flying to a Caribbean island during any school break is top $ over here as I'm sure it is over there.

I have never been to Florida but my wife is always on my case as she used to go woth her family when she was younger. I said F-NO to that commute.

My daughter has stomach issues when in a car for too long so it won't work. We did get a new suv recently which seems to have helped though and did 2.5 hour drive in which she was fine. Promising for future vehicle long distance trips