Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

No I wouldn't say so. I found it very jarring on my first visit. Second visit I head off to Trastevere district and the less busy sights, enjoyed it a lot. 

We spent a bit of time in the Jewish Quarter which was really lovely and chilled 

back from Dubrovnik, what a place. Very unique and great atmosphere in the city walls. Good food - London prices plus add a bit but can always find cheaper eats, we stayed in Lapad which was nice and chilled but went into the city area every night. 

Spoke to the taxi driver and he said late september is a great time to visit as less busy and still hot so would probably go back then. Best part was trip to Mostar in Bosnia - amazing exp. with great sights on the drive and was like going back in time. Incredibly picturesque. Would also visit Montenegro next time 

• Like 1

On 24/06/2024 at 12:24, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Yeah that was a bit lazy to be fair..

Travelling into Brisbane, travelling up to Cairns, then down to Sydney & Melbourne. Then onto Thailand for a bit of down time, thinking Koh Samui/Koh Phangan for now but open to recommendations for all. 

we did a few places in Thailand, koh lanta was best for quiet beaches and chilled, Krabi best place we stayed - can get short boat to railay beach which is incredible. Bangkok is just mental and like nothing i have ever experienced.. we did two nights but just need one night IMO. 

9 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

back from Dubrovnik, what a place. Very unique and great atmosphere in the city walls. Good food - London prices plus add a bit but can always find cheaper eats, we stayed in Lapad which was nice and chilled but went into the city area every night. 

Spoke to the taxi driver and he said late september is a great time to visit as less busy and still hot so would probably go back then. Best part was trip to Mostar in Bosnia - amazing exp. with great sights on the drive and was like going back in time. Incredibly picturesque. Would also visit Montenegro next time 

Bosnia is maybe my favourite European country. And that trip from the Croatian coast to Mostar is incredible.

Only went to Dubrovnik once back in 2007 and got an apartment and balcony for basically £10 a night, that was when old ladies would meet tourists off buses with signs offering rooms. Dunno if that's a thing anymore. Watched Liverpool lose the European cup final sipping ice cold beer with a view over Lapad and the islands. Salad days. 

15 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

Loved Dubrovnik. Went last year with my girlfriend although we stayed in Cavtat which was beautiful. As you say it's bloody pricey but well worth it for the surroundings imo. Think we're gonna do Montenegro next year (potentially Kotor or Herceg Novi)

7 minutes ago, bovril said:

Bosnia is maybe my favourite European country. And that trip from the Croatian coast to Mostar is incredible.

Only went to Dubrovnik once back in 2007 and got an apartment and balcony for basically £10 a night, that was when old ladies would meet tourists off buses with signs offering rooms. Dunno if that's a thing anymore. Watched Liverpool lose the European cup final sipping ice cold beer with a view over Lapad and the islands. Salad days. 

It is incredible and so cheap still, they said prices have increased over last few beers and they now charge two - three euros for a pint and a euro for two scoops of ice cream. Crazy two hour drive to Dubrovnik things were literally three times the price!

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Loved Dubrovnik. Went last year with my girlfriend although we stayed in Cavtat which was beautiful. As you say it's bloody pricey but well worth it for the surroundings imo. Think we're gonna do Montenegro next year (potentially Kotor or Herceg Novi)

Iv'e heard good things about Cavtat. Yep we were paying 80 - 140 euro's a meal for two- admittedly the last night was a special treat and the food was well worth it. 

if we had more time we would have loved to do it, would probably do Montenegro as separate trip as i think it will be well worth it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

It's just somewhere hot to get to, cheaper and family is around. Beats the -10 canadian winter for a week.

Flying to a Caribbean island during any school break is top $ over here as I'm sure it is over there.

I have never been to Florida but my wife is always on my case as she used to go woth her family when she was younger. I said F-NO to that commute.

My daughter has stomach issues when in a car for too long so it won't work. We did get a new suv recently which seems to have helped though and did 2.5 hour drive in which she was fine. Promising for future vehicle long distance trips

I got carded in a booze shop in Miami. They refused to serve me because I couldn't prove my age - I was 40 ffs. The entire state was damned after that.

58 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I got carded in a booze shop in Miami. They refused to serve me because I couldn't prove my age - I was 40 ffs. The entire state was damned after that.

Damn. A bad compliment huh? Lol

At Least you didn't fight them about it and then got shot based on stand your ground laws.

On 29/07/2024 at 13:42, bovril said:

Sicily won't lower your anxiety!

The best thing to do is accept it will be stressful and embrace the chaos.

I can’t do it mate.

Drove from the airport to our resort and shit myself with constant people beeping their horn at me for no apparent reason.

Set off this morning to drive to a water park and I had a panic attack. Had to get the wife to drive but I’m a worse wreck as a passenger.

Think I’ve lost my confidence as a driver after that stupid cow reversed into me a few weeks ago :(

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I can’t do it mate.

Drove from the airport to our resort and shit myself with constant people beeping their horn at me for no apparent reason.

Set off this morning to drive to a water park and I had a panic attack. Had to get the wife to drive but I’m a worse wreck as a passenger.

Think I’ve lost my confidence as a driver after that stupid cow reversed into me a few weeks ago :(

Beeping is very different there to here. 

2 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Booked to go Cyprus next year and it’s ended up costing significantly more than my partner initially told me it was. I’m hoping it’s good for her sake tbh 

What part of Cyprus?

We fly in to Paphos but our place is about 50 minutes drive away. 
It’s blooming hot here at the moment. 
If you have kids, get to the Aphrodites water park for a day or two, my Grandkids loved it and it was my easiest day by far. Boat rental starts at about £150 for a 4hr self drive and is a good crack too. I did that this morning, went for a 250hp boat to impress the 14 yr old, had a fantastic time but really didn’t need that power, gonna stick with the 75hp next time.