Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

46 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Will be in Mallorca for the first time in September. Any tips?

Keep away from magaluf and its fine๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Booked to go Cyprus next year and itโ€™s ended up costing significantly more than my partner initially told me it was. Iโ€™m hoping itโ€™s good for her sake tbhย 

I just presumed it was par for the course that when holidays are discussed you just add 50% on from what the mrs thinks it will cost.ย 

• Haha 1

On 22/07/2024 at 08:23, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Sat in Heathrow off to Santorini for the wife's birthday. Any recommendations in Fira welcome.

This was great. Very busy in spots but like that anywhere remotely touristy really.ย 

ย 

Wasn't as expensive as I was expecting either.

59 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This was great. Very busy in spots but like that anywhere remotely touristy really.ย 

ย 

Wasn't as expensive as I was expecting either.

Only let down for me is the lack of nice beaches but I enjoyed my time there.

On 02/08/2024 at 09:32, Izzy said:

I canโ€™t do it mate.
ย 

Drove from the airport to our resort and shit myself with constant people beeping their horn at me for no apparent reason.

Set off this morning to drive to a water park and I had a panic attack. Had to get the wife to drive but Iโ€™m a worse wreck as a passenger.

ย 

Think Iโ€™ve lost my confidence as a driver after that stupid cow reversed into me a few weeks agoย :(

Sorry to hear that. In a way I always found Sicilian driving a bit less worrying because although there's loads of beeping, people generally don't get as aggressive or abusive as they can do here.ย 

ย 

Hope you're enjoying the holiday anyway.ย 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Im there in 3 weeks.ย  Where u going, which resort.

Iโ€™m staying at a hotel in Palma and driving a car to drive all over the island. If you see a brown guy with a Leicester or Mexico jersey say hi

3 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Iโ€™m staying at a hotel in Palma and driving a car to drive all over the island. If you see a brown guy with a Leicester or Mexico jersey say hi

Ok cool, palma is a cool city have fun.ย  I tend to stay in palma nova, i prefer the resort vibe.l but close to the city.

ย 

6 minutes ago, bovril said:

Sorry to hear that. In a way I always found Sicilian driving a bit less worrying because although there's loads of beeping, people generally don't get as aggressive or abusive as they can do here.ย 

ย 

Hope you're enjoying the holiday anyway.ย 

Thanks mate. The wife is a crazy driver back home and loves driving over here. Sheโ€™s right in her element. I just sit in the passenger seat with my eyes closed clinging on to the seatbelt for dear life.

ย 

Sicily is cool though. The people are so expressive and full of life despite the fact itโ€™s 40 degrees every day.ย 
ย 

Interesting that down this part of the island they donโ€™t speak much English and itโ€™s mainly locals not tourists here.ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VLC86 said:

Only let down for me is the lack of nice beaches but I enjoyed my time there.

Yeah, I got a good view of the southern beaches on the approach to the airport and didn't really fancy going down there, mainly because we live near the beach here so it's not much of a novelty lol

On 04/08/2024 at 20:30, Izzy said:

Thanks mate. The wife is a crazy driver back home and loves driving over here. Sheโ€™s right in her element. I just sit in the passenger seat with my eyes closed clinging on to the seatbelt for dear life.

ย 

Sicily is cool though. The people are so expressive and full of life despite the fact itโ€™s 40 degrees every day.ย 
ย 

Interesting that down this part of the island they donโ€™t speak much English and itโ€™s mainly locals not tourists here.ย 

Glad you're enjoying it.

ย 

Your comment reminds me of a passage in the Leopard I half remember when the Don takes two English naval officers up to his terrace in the middle of one sweltering summer day. The English say something along the lines of "you have this beautiful island and incredible weather yet nothing works", to which the Don replies "why do you think nothing works?!".

• Like 1

Off to Frankfurt on a stag do on Thursday for 3 nights with my oldest mates.ย 

ย 

Will be good craic I'm sure, but I would definitely rather have a chilled one in Sicily eating olives and pasta and drinking wine.ย 

• Like 1

On 04/08/2024 at 20:30, Izzy said:

ย 

ย 

Got married in Portopalo di Capo Passero, there are some lovely towns and villages that way. Popped into the Spar in Rosolini in my shorts and T-shirt as it was a very pleasant 23c. Of course, the locals were in jeans and gilets. I felt all of their stares, it was as though Iโ€™d just landed and stepped out of a flying saucerย lol

• Haha 1

Amsterdam was a very mixed bag.ย 

ย 

In parts it was the twee place you think it's going to be. In others it could literally be some British high street with a load of tat.ย 

ย 

Excellent museums however and the brown cafes can be a treat. Didn't spend enough time in De Pijp to enjoy it which was annoying.ย 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Amsterdam was a very mixed bag.ย 

ย 

In parts it was the twee place you think it's going to be. In others it could literally be some British high street with a load of tat.ย 

ย 

Excellent museums however and the brown cafes can be a treat. Didn't spend enough time in De Pijp to enjoy it which was annoying.ย 

The whole area around the station has been completely ruined now - the red light area too. They used to have character and characters - now it reeks of shit tourism.

• Like 1

Spent this morning completing online visa applications for USA, New Zealand and Australia.ย 

The US ESTA system is far superior. Upload your passport, it populates every field and once you've confirmed you're not a terrorist. It's job done.ย 

Both of the others are multiple pages to be completed manually and then it's a right pain to get them to accept the photo you upload.ย 

Fortunately, all have been approvedย :D

On 04/08/2024 at 20:22, Phenom said:

Well worth doing a road trip to valdemossa, deia, soller, port soller and / or the mountains. Absolutely beautiful views.

• Like 2

Got back from a week inย Fuerteventura yesterday. It was our first visit and we loved it, would go back again. Very warm though despite forecast (and people) warning me about the wind, thankfully that only occurred badly in the evening.ย 

ย 

Just nice to have a weeks break away from everything. We did the ferry trip to Lanzarote as well so nice to have a bit of time there too.

ย 

ย 

Sicily was good but far too hot for me. 37-40 degrees every day from dusk til dawn and I just felt completely drained. Spent most of the time in my air conditioned room.

ย 

Plus two teenage kids constantly at each others throats and the stress of driving/airports etc. didn't feel like much fun.

ย 

Holidays abroad were great when I was young, dumb, and full of cum, but now they just feel like a hassle and a mission to survive.

ย 

Glad to be home tbh.

ย 

Jeez I'm turning into a right grumpy old bastardย :(

21 hours ago, Izzy said:

Sicily was good but far too hot for me. 37-40 degrees every day from dusk til dawn and I just felt completely drained. Spent most of the time in my air conditioned room.

ย 

Plus two teenage kids constantly at each others throats and the stress of driving/airports etc. didn't feel like much fun.

ย 

Holidays abroad were great when I was young, dumb, and full of cum, but now they just feel like a hassle and a mission to survive.

ย 

Glad to be home tbh.

ย 

Welcome home, mate.ย 
ย 

Sounds like you need a holiday after that

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Izzy said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Glad to be home tbh.

ย 

Iโ€™ve told you, mate. A cruise!ย 

No driving around, no airport faff, kids will be fully occupied and have a great time, and the whole fvcking place is air conditioned!ย 

20 odd bars and public rooms, a dozen restaurants, theatre shows, cinema, library, golf nets, half a dozen poolsโ€ฆ

• Like 3