Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

2 minutes ago, Milo said:

I’ve told you, mate. A cruise! 

No driving around, no airport faff, kids will be fully occupied and have a great time, and the whole fvcking place is air conditioned! 

20 odd bars and public rooms, a dozen restaurants, theatre shows, cinema, library, golf nets, half a dozen pools…

Yep, gotta be a cruise next time I think :thumbup:

Going to Fuerteventura in November for the other halfs 30th. Staying in a proper all inclusive for the first time as a couple. Went to a lot growing up and always been so impressed. We tried one in Turkey a few years ago and it was absolutely horrendous, so it's taken a lot of convincing to get her to try again, she's more of an airbnb do it all yourself type person. 

We are going to just relax for a week so I'm not too fussed about things to do, but one thing she loves is snorkeling. However she isn't a particularly confident swimmer. Last time we went snorkeling was with dolphins in Terceira, practically in the middle of the ocean and she ended up having a panic attack. Has anyone done any snorkeling in Fuerteventura, shallow preferably, and can recommend any places/trips to book? I've seen a few online but always better to get proper reviews.

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Anyone off to Athens :ph34r:

We were in Rhodes last year when it was on fire. Put me right off going back to that neck of the woods I'll be honest.

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

We were in Rhodes last year when it was on fire. Put me right off going back to that neck of the woods I'll be honest.

Europe is on fire every ‘summer’ from now onwards. Be mad as a bat to go Italy, Spain, Greece, the traditional brits abroad countries in august 

8 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

Anyone been to Georgia?
Thinking of flying to Tbilisi, rent a car and drive to Batumi for a week or two. 

Unfortunately not but everyone I know who's been has loved it. Beautiful country.

• Thanks 1

So, I have a birthday coming up. Probably going to spend it in the Camargue, fly to Marseille, rent car and accommodation somewhere around Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer. I can watch the Autumn migration, wife can go off to the Provençal towns and villages, L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue one of her favourites (brocante and antique places everywhere), Aigue Mort, Arles, Aix En Provence etc. 

Hopefully take our minds away from the issues we’re facing at home (and the football results I’m currently predicting!) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bovril said:

Unfortunately not but everyone I know who's been has loved it. Beautiful country.

This will be a “me” trip, travelling alone to eat, drink and get some trekking in before I get too decrepit lol

I would like to fly to Istanbul, rent a car and drive there, or go full on and take a bus to Tbilisi and drive to Batumi… 

In the planning process at the moment so undecided but it’s been on my to do list for a long time. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

This will be a “me” trip, travelling alone to eat, drink and get some trekking in before I get too decrepit lol

I would like to fly to Istanbul, rent a car and drive there, or go full on and take a bus to Tbilisi and drive to Batumi… 

In the planning process at the moment so undecided but it’s been on my to do list for a long time. 

That sounds awesome. The black sea coast of Turkey is beautiful and very different from what we expect from Turkey. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jgtuk said:

Mate that sounds incredible. Please report back during the planning stage and actual trip. In Baku last year, there were plenty of Brits who had initially travelled to Georgia who all said it was incredible scenery. Proper travellers not your south of France types. That piqued my interest in Georgia, would like to hear more.

• Like 2

Fancy a week of winter sun in mid December, a relaxed week of doing very little, possibly all inclusive. 

Canary Islands seem to be the obvious choice. Any  recommendations ? Is North Africa an option ? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Fancy a week of winter sun in mid December, a relaxed week of doing very little, possibly all inclusive. 

Canary Islands seem to be the obvious choice. Any  recommendations ? Is North Africa an option ? 

A nice Riad in Marrakesh?? Gets into the low/mid 20's and a nice place to do very little.

*no beaches so get a pool...

Edited by jgtuk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, waddadamadda said:

Has anyone been to Liechtenstein? I’m tentatively planning another European road trip and would like to know if it’s worth a stop over for a few days?

Haven’t been for a long time but certainly wouldn’t spend a few days there unless you have something planned, hiking or climbing , there’s a few museums and galleries and I remember eating well there, although expensive but no worse than prices in Switzerland. 
Others may have been more recently though and their experience might be different. 

On 19/08/2024 at 11:15, STEVIE B said:

I'm at the Hotel Guyarmina Princess in Tenerife right now. Does half board and all inclusive. Best hotel I've been too. Staff work so hard and the food is brilliant. It's not like your Tenerife stereotypical place.

• Like 2

On 19/08/2024 at 11:15, STEVIE B said:

Egypt would be a good option. Usually well priced compared to the Canary Islands too. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, waddadamadda said:

Has anyone been to Liechtenstein? I’m tentatively planning another European road trip and would like to know if it’s worth a stop over for a few days?

Looks really boring 

19 hours ago, waddadamadda said:

If you're passing by it's prob worth a pitstop to see it. Some decent scenery, landscapes, weird castles, weird people. Obvs well expensive. Wouldn't need more than a day there but then it depends what you like. People spend two weeks pootling about in rural Italy or France and love it, it's a very similar setup in Liechtenstein

Taking the kids to Bath next week which my 3 year old can't understand is a place lol

Gonna do a few days out whilst we're there in Bristol and Bath and maybe Longleats. Any recommendations?

Kids are 3 (almost 4) and 9

On 20/08/2024 at 18:28, waddadamadda said:

I went back in 2019. There really isn’t much at all to do there. You can easily do it in a day. 
We stopped off when travelling from Germany to Switzerland.