Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

On 12/08/2024 at 16:17, Izzy said:

Yep, gotta be a cruise next time I think :thumbup:

For relaxation you cant beat a Cruise. Waited on 24/7 and pampared. And you'll get brownie points from the wife as no Cooking cleaning etc for a week or two.

Just be careful of the Cruise company you book with.  You don't want one with too many kids if your gone past that stage in life.

Planning on doing another next year after a few years break.

1 hour ago, merlin1969 said:

I'm in Dubai now 42 degrees is really like being an oven  37 in the early hours 

Is that work related?

You’d have to be barking mad to holiday in Dubai at this time of year

16 minutes ago, merlin1969 said:

No a holiday, no one said it would be hot, wandered why it was a great price 

How long are you out for?

Apparently "feels like" temp could hit 51 degrees over the weekend :blink:

( tbf you are right about the price, have been tempted in the past to book something out that way in proper 5 star luxury as even the brilliant water parks and hotel roof top pools look empty, but I have the complexion of Casper the Ghost and burn in anything over 20 degrees so always bottled it lol )

On 21/08/2024 at 15:37, foxfanazer said:

Taking the kids to Bath next week which my 3 year old can't understand is a place lol

Gonna do a few days out whilst we're there in Bristol and Bath and maybe Longleats. Any recommendations?

Kids are 3 (almost 4) and 9

Rent a rowing boat down on the river and row to the pub at the end 

2 hours ago, merlin1969 said:

Not surprised it was cheaper - I usually go in Oct / May latest and it’s scorchio then, August would be unbearable 

On 21/08/2024 at 16:37, foxfanazer said:

Taking the kids to Bath next week which my 3 year old can't understand is a place lol

Gonna do a few days out whilst we're there in Bristol and Bath and maybe Longleats. Any recommendations?

Kids are 3 (almost 4) and 9

Longleat was great with my then 4 year old last year, recommend. Pepper Pig world we did on the same trip, no words to describe that really. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Tommy G said:

Longleat was great with my then 4 year old last year, recommend. Pepper Pig world we did on the same trip, no words to describe that really. 

Yeah that would be a massive swerve. After failing the first child we kept the second one away from Peppa pig

Went to London for a couple of days on Tuesday.

Booked a Premier inn in Aldgate so plan was drive to Stanmore  and tube it in for the night and do the old tourist thing which we do annually it seems.

No one told me bastard Taylor Swift had a concert on at Wembley  so Stanmore was choc, so was Canons Park and Wembley. Drove around for an hour in and out of Stanmore and Canons park getting more angrier at the Swifties trying to get parking too.

Ended up paying g for a driveway for £16 overnight 10 mins walk from Canons Park and spending the night worrying if I'll get back to a car!.

To be fair the parking was fine and actually a bargain considering some people had £90 for a night.

London is great for a day or two but feck living there( not that I could afford it), its bloody non stop and too busy and crowded for me!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, merlin1969 said:

What do you mean nobody said it would be hot, it's in a desert in the middle east and it's August lol

• Haha 2

Any towns in the UK that haven't turned into festering shitholes in the last few years. 

We fancy a few nights away with our new born and thought a nice town with decent countryside on the doorstep would be nice for eating out etc. 

Montpellier area of Cheltenham on my mind 

Just now, Lako42 said:

Any towns in the UK that haven't turned into festering shitholes in the last few years. 

We fancy a few nights away with our new born and thought a nice town with decent countryside on the doorstep would be nice for eating out etc. 

I thought Buxton was nice but maybe you want to get further away. 

8 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Didn't think much to Cheltenham when I passed through in May but the countryside around it is lovely. We stayed in Winchcombe and loved it.

I'm always surprised how much people like Kings Lynn considering I grew up there and generally couldn't wait to get out but it does have a nice historic centre and some beautiful countryside to the north east. 

40 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

If it’s only a few nights and you are Leicester based then it might be too far but Padstow is great for exactly that.

39 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Christchurch in Dorset is nice and has the New Forest on it's doorstep.

Or what about Bakewell in the Peak District or Stratford upon Avon?

50 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Sheringham

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Highly recommend Northumberland or Harrogate is nice.