Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

22 hours ago, ousefox said:

Just booked 18 days in Korea next April. Would love to get some suggestions before I start building an itinerary!

5 hours ago, ajthefox said:

I expect @leicsmac might have some tips for you mate..

First off, good choice picking one of the three or four months of the year when the weather is actually temperate there.

Right...

Seoul:

- night out in Hongdae and/or Itaewon

- going to the top of Lotte Tower and/or Namsan Tower

- Majang Meat Market for Hanwoo beef, fantastic

- Gyeongbokgung Palace

- a lot of the museums, but National Museum of Korea is a great one

- Gwanghwamun

- Everland (if you like theme parks, not the greatest though, but has an excellent zoo)

- Han River Tour

- Bukchon traditional village

- Myeongdong/Insadong traditional shopping districts

- Jogyesa Buddhist Temple

Elsewhere:

- beaches on Jindo (could do what everyone else does and go to Busan, but these are much emptier and pristine)

- Panmunjeom DMZ tour (just try not to vomit at the idea of being where Kim Jong-un and Donald Trump shook hands)

- Busan Spa Land (fantastic for a few hours relaxation)

- Busan Aquarium (if you like swimming things)

- Pyeongchang (though maybe just the wrong time of year for snowy stuff, views are still unreal)

That's off the top of my head, if you're looking for anything specific, let me know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

First off, good choice picking one of the three or four months of the year when the weather is actually temperate there.

Right...

Seoul:

- night out in Hongdae and/or Itaewon

- going to the top of Lotte Tower and/or Namsan Tower

- Majang Meat Market for Hanwoo beef, fantastic

- Gyeongbokgung Palace

- a lot of the museums, but National Museum of Korea is a great one

- Gwanghwamun

- Everland (if you like theme parks, not the greatest though, but has an excellent zoo)

- Han River Tour

- Bukchon traditional village

- Myeongdong/Insadong traditional shopping districts

- Jogyesa Buddhist Temple

Elsewhere:

- beaches on Jindo (could do what everyone else does and go to Busan, but these are much emptier and pristine)

- Panmunjeom DMZ tour (just try not to vomit at the idea of being where Kim Jong-un and Donald Trump shook hands)

- Busan Spa Land (fantastic for a few hours relaxation)

- Busan Aquarium (if you like swimming things)

- Pyeongchang (though maybe just the wrong time of year for snowy stuff, views are still unreal)

That's off the top of my head, if you're looking for anything specific, let me know.

Amazing thanks! Will do some initial research and see if I have any questions! How warm do you expect it to be? Going at the start of April but will obviously be there a little while. Will finish at Jeju island for a wedding. 

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

How's Birmingham Airport coping everyone? Fly out Saturday morning at 7.30am, which is high rage possibility time 

Who are you flying with? I went with Jet2 a few weeks ago now around the same time in the morning and I think most, if not all, of the issues they were having were sorted out. We didn't have to queue outside and all in all we were in and through the security bit in around 40 mins. Jet2 seemed to have their own entrance to security though so not sure if it's the same for other airlines but I imagine with kids going back to school now most airports should be dying down anyway.

• Like 2

In palma nova, Majorca, not been for 5 years.  Its become alittle too commercial for me.  Where have all the family restaurants gone and good looking local poon.

So tomorrow were going Palma town and Santa Posa to see what the crack is.

I need some suggestions for a few days away. 

February 2025 brings the 1st anniversary of my youngest sons death the very day before my eldest sons 25th birthday :(

I don't want to be at home in Spain, I'd like us all to go away for a few days, and I need somewhere in Europe that will keep us all happy, so my 18 year old daughter, 2 mid twenties year olds in my son and his girlfriend, and my husband and I in our maybe late forties :ph34r:

Where is reasonable and good to visit in Feb? I need some ideas please for somewhere we can access easily from both Spain for us, and the UK for them.

Warm or cold doesn't matter!

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

February 2025 brings the 1st anniversary of my youngest sons death the very day before my eldest sons 25th birthday :(

I don't want to be at home in Spain, I'd like us all to go away for a few days, and I need somewhere in Europe that will keep us all happy, so my 18 year old daughter, 2 mid twenties year olds in my son and his girlfriend, and my husband and I in our maybe late forties :ph34r:

Where is reasonable and good to visit in Feb? I need some ideas please for somewhere we can access easily from both Spain for us, and the UK for them.

Perhaps some resort in Cabo Verde or Greece?

I'd say Iceland but isn't their some volcano that erupted or something the other day? 

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

Deeply sorry to hear that.

February is prime sale time, if you’re not bothered about destination, maybe try the ‘anywhere’ option on Momondo using your budget as a filter. 

7 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

How's Birmingham Airport coping everyone? Fly out Saturday morning at 7.30am, which is high rage possibility time 

I flew from there about 6 weeks ago at 10am. Walked through security with no queues, heard others leaving earlier were queuing for 3 hours.

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

So sorry to hear of your loss. Life can be so cruel at times.

Have you considered a Cruise from Barcelona. Very relaxing with no Cooking and plenty to do to keep busy if you want too.

3 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Verona, Italy is really nice (l know ltaly can be expensive). Lots to do & see. 

Krakowe, Poland is very pretty & not too expensive. 
Budapest, Hungary ? Haven’t been, but friends have & highly recommend. 

15 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Ice Hotel, Sweden - https://www.icehotel.com

Or, it’s a great time to go see the Aurora in Iceland

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Ice Hotel, Sweden - https://www.icehotel.com

Or, it’s a great time to go see the Aurora in Iceland

I did the Icehotel about 8 years ago, did other things as well but probably my favourite ever holiday.

Sleeping in the rooms themselves is a bit of a gimmick but the structure of the rooms is incredible.

I did a husky sled tour out to a lodge in the middle of nowhere, only when we got there did I realise I was actually in sole control of the sled, obviously flipped the ****er didn’t I. Saw the most ridiculous display of the northern lights that night as well.

Probably worth saying, it was also -30 felt like -40 with windchill when I was there so that’s worth considering lol 

Unreal trip.

Edited by VLC86

31 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

I did the Icehotel about 8 years ago, did other things as well but probably my favourite ever holiday.

Sleeping in the rooms themselves is a bit of a gimmick but the structure of the rooms is incredible.

I did a husky sled tour out to a lodge in the middle of nowhere, only when we got there did I realise I was actually in sole control of the sled, obviously flipped the ****er didn’t I. Saw the most ridiculous display of the northern lights that night as well.

Probably worth saying, it was also -30 felt like -40 with windchill when I was there so that’s worth considering lol 

Unreal tip of your penis will fall off.

Word.

• Haha 1

On 28/08/2024 at 12:35, CosbehFox said:

For the sake of a fiver just get express security, can't get my head round why you wouldnt for less than a pint. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

For the sake of a fiver just get express security, can't get my head round why you wouldnt for less than a pint. 

Your logic makes sense and it depends on your risk mindset, but I would much rather have 5/7ths of a pint then pay additional fees for made up things.

On 28/08/2024 at 18:41, FoxesDeb said:

I'd second the Budapest suggestion.

It's cheap, accessible, something for everyone with the ruin bars, thermal baths, culture, sights. I like stodgy central/eastern euro food so goulash and too much paprika in everything is great. Have a Hungarian Melange coffee too, they're amazing. Pinball museum is another must.

Alternatively, Prague is cheap and has loads to see and do. Kutna Hora and Sedlec Ossuary (chapel with thousands of ornate human bone sculptures) are with hopping 40 minutes on the train for too. February will be cheap for both.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2