Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

On 02/09/2024 at 16:03, fox_up_north said:

Considering Copenhagen for a few days in October half term, as you can also get a direct train over to Malmo. Anyone been?

Went to Copenhagen for 3 days, pleasant trip. You don't need more than that though.  It is expensive but it's Scandinavia, there's nowhere that isn't expensive in Scandinavia. 

12 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Went to Copenhagen for 3 days, pleasant trip. You don't need more than that though.  It is expensive but it's Scandinavia, there's nowhere that isn't expensive in Scandinavia. 

Denmark outside of Copenhagen is fine. Beer was like £4 in Aarhus a couple of years ago.

Just now, Mrfox452 said:

Anyone travelled from Birmingham airport recently? Still long queues? 

Just got back yesterday from 2 weeks away, using Birmingham.

No issues at all.  Baggage claim was a little slow but that wasn't the fault of the works going on.

2 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Just got back yesterday from 2 weeks away, using Birmingham.

No issues at all.  Baggage claim was a little slow but that wasn't the fault of the works going on.

Ahhh ok thank you , was thinking of going to Berlin for a weekend, but would rely on National Express and that only gets me there hour and 40 mins before departure. Hopefully should be ok and as the peak times are slowly easing but ive read some recent horror stories with their queuing system.

Not sure what to do with Oct - I can only play with a few days because of work commitments - wife wants to do Disney Land Paris, if it's anything like Orlando I'll have to sell a Kidney.

Might do a few days out in this country but the weather is so naff it's not very inspiring. Need something suitable for a 6 year old so a march round the sights in a European capital drinking isn't going to wash.

33 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Not sure what to do with Oct - I can only play with a few days because of work commitments - wife wants to do Disney Land Paris, if it's anything like Orlando I'll have to sell a Kidney.

Might do a few days out in this country but the weather is so naff it's not very inspiring. Need something suitable for a 6 year old so a march round the sights in a European capital drinking isn't going to wash.

What about a European center parcs?

Am going to Stonehenge tomorrow, as well as to Exeter and Falmouth - as part of a four-day break.

Has anyone been?

I take that there's not much to Stonehenge, apart from the obvious, to visit?

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Am going to Stonehenge tomorrow, as well as to Exeter and Falmouth - as part of a four-day break.

Has anyone been?

Highly recommend Goto in Exeter for food (Japanese, reasonably priced) and Amanzi in Falmouth.  Exploding bakery in Exeter is great as well.  Both Exeter and Falmouth are excellent overall.  

I've been to Stonehenge, not that long ago.  Don't remember that much which isn't a ringing endorsement of either the site or my memory. 

• Thanks 1

On 02/09/2024 at 16:03, fox_up_north said:

Considering Copenhagen for a few days in October half term, as you can also get a direct train over to Malmo. Anyone been?

Go for it. Train is worth doing as the half bridge/half tunnel is interesting and you get a new country out of it, but didn't find a great deal in Malmo when we went.

I thought I'd had enough of foreign travel, but a recent trip to the Costa Blanca has changed my mind. Ryanair  from Luton (which is very convenient for us) is cheap and cheerful, and after a couple hours flight we're in sunny warm climes. May go again October, even though it can be storm season. Couple of days in Alicante, then on the tram to spend a couple of days in Benidorm. 

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Go for it. Train is worth doing as the half bridge/half tunnel is interesting and you get a new country out of it, but didn't find a great deal in Malmo when we went.

Lund is worth a visit as agreed there isn't a huge amount in Malmö. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Has anyone been?

If you like history the tunnels that run under Exeter city centre are worth a visit.  Only thing is the ceilings are not very high and it can play havoc with your back, unless you are very short of course. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Has anyone been?

Exeter cathedral is amazing. Architecturally quite different from other English cathedrals I think. Incredible vaulted ceiling.

• Thanks 1

On 05/09/2024 at 14:39, LcFc_Smiv said:

Estepona next Thursday for 6 days, can't wait, never been before and the weather today has got me even more ready to go.

Estepona is beautiful! Are you going to do any travelling around?

• Like 1