Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Another one looking for hints/tips!

Booked 2 weeks in Vietnam, flying into Hanoi and out of Ho Chi Minh City.

I went to Vietnam about 15 years ago, absolutely loved it though I'm sure it's changed a lot since then. We flew into Ho Chi Minh, went half way up the country then crossed into Laos. We visited Nha Trang and Hoi An on the way, there was a war museum in Ho Chi Minh that was an eye opener, floating bar in Nha Trang. Loads more to do / see but it's a bit of a drunken haze as I was backpacking around the world at the time. Edited by separator

Not booked anywhere yet but I'm thinking of trying Santorini in Greece. Looks amazing based on the photos I've seen but would be good to get some feedback from anyone who has actually been before on here?

Santorini is lovely honestly but just for your consideration there are a lot of very beautiful and less crowded Greek Islands. Skopelos being my favourite.

• Like 1

Another one looking for hints/tips!

Booked 2 weeks in Vietnam, flying into Hanoi and out of Ho Chi Minh City.

What are you looking for? I was in Hanoi in November. I was also in Ho Chi Minh a couple of years ago.

How long you going for? I much prefer Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi. It's much busier in HCM than in Hanoi. It's easier to get to Cambodia from HCM than Hanoi. One of the biggest pulls for Hanoi is its proximity to Ha Long Bay.

If you wear shirts/suits, I can fully recommend a tailor in HCM called Nam Silk. She makes great shirts and a good price. Tailors are a lot rarer in Hanoi. They do exist, nowhere near as many as HCM.

Look to get 33000 Dong to £1. You can use US$ but it's good to take some VND. Get VND over here.

HCM is notably cheaper than Hanoi.

HCM is way easier to get around. There's Tuk-Tuks everywhere. They're very rare in Hanoi.

Don't go down Dog Street in Hanoi. There's dead dogs hanging off meat hooks there.

Take some old Leicester shirts and give them away to the locals!!

Send a pm to Saigonifox on here he lives there...I think!

Anyone booked 1 of these Sun £9.50 holidays before? My Nan gave me all the codes today just wondered if there any good

A few years ago yeah. They're just out of season short breaks in a caravan. If you pick a good site they're okay.

Don't take the £9,50 literally, it depends how many are going and there are extras like club room passes and sometimes electricity.

Anyone know of places to go on a budget?

in fact, if you are just looking for a few days away do what we do every 6 months, go on skyscanner, type east midlands airport (or birmingham whatever is the best airport by you) fly to "anywhere" in whatever month you want to go and see what is cheapest or the most viable cheap option. 

any city in europe is good if you just want to go and get drunk somewhere else and see a castle or something and some european birds. 

Just after sun really. Can't afford to be picky.

I remember someone posting Oludeniz on here before, the beach looks amazing and i just checked the prices for the end of May and they are dirt cheap! 

Portugal is pretty cheap as well.

Berlin next Thursday. Any recommendations? Staying in Alexanderplatz!

Been Berlin twice, awesome place. Alexanderplatz is really central. First time I went I did a walking tour which took you round all the sights. Second time we got passes on the u bahn and jumped on and off all day.

Benidorm.

Cheap beer, good weather and cheap to get too.

I know ! ... That's the next trip for me and the boys !

going to bruges with the missus in April, staying in hotel academie looks so nice.

Fantastic place Una .... Me and the missus loved it. Went there after watching the film 'In Bruges'.

I know ! ... That's the next trip for me and the boys !

Fantastic place Una .... Me and the missus loved it. Went there after watching the film 'In Bruges'.

Yeah I've been twice before I love it. It's £220 each for 3 nights at a 4 star hotel with Eurostar return which is good.

Trying to find somewhere warm, relaxing and not tacky to go with the missus for a week in July. Don't wanna spend the earth but were struggling to find anywhere at the moment. Only requirement is that we can relax every day and do very little.

Greece? You can fly E. Midlands to Kos and Skiathos I think. Skiathos is a bit tacky in places but a short ferry ride from nicer islands.

Mallorca is lovely too, away from the crowds.

Edited by bovril

Trying to find somewhere warm, relaxing and not tacky to go with the missus for a week in July. Don't wanna spend the earth but were struggling to find anywhere at the moment. Only requirement is that we can relax every day and do very little.

Basically this but June time.