Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

On 13/09/2024 at 15:23, Torquay Gunner said:

Going for five nights.  Ha, unfortunately both my partner and I dislike seafood. Really looking forward to it, have not been abroad for a long time. 

Absolutely loved Reykjavik, class place. We walked all over, quite a small city as someone else said. 

If you're into darts they have Europe's largest darts bar which is a sight in itself, absolutely loved it in there! 

Didn't have a bad meal, we went to Sumac which is elite (pay for it though, even for Iceland..) and Himalayan Spice which was seriously good. 

The church and the organ that someone else mentioned is amazing to see, you can't miss it. We went to Perlan as well which is a great museum with a restaurant and viewing deck, really enjoyed that as well. Found a Lava Show to go to which was enjoyable. 

If you're hiring a car (or fancy a tour) it is well worth getting out for the day or two and heading to the Black Beach, Gulfoss is also incredible, the nature/scenery wherever you go is fantastic but would recommend those two. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Im going New Orleans next week, any recommendations guys?

If you get your tits out drunk men will give you beads. Naturally, they will need to be very drunk - fortunately they will be.

Go on a walking tour of the cemeteries and find out about Marie Laveau and the House of the Rising Sun. I signed up to one departing from a bar at breakfast time where they gave you a free breakfast. ”Would you like a Bloody Mary?” They asked. Second later, I’m nursing a whole fvcking pint of the stuff that tasted like 100% vodka. Everyone is very drunk a very lot.

Don’t walk into the projects, that would be dumb. This is why you pay someone to walk you about when you’re drunk.

Ride the streetcars if only for the photos, no one else seems to. It’s super cheap.

Almost every bar around the French Quarter will have bands playing and almost everyone of them will be outstanding. Even the buskers are outstanding. Bear in mind that your tolerance of jazz and blues will improve immeasurably if you do like everyone else and get exceedingly pissed. Fortunately, I love blues and jazz when sober.

Eat creole. Eat it in restaurants, eat it from open windows that have people queuing around the block. Stuff Po Boys down your gullet and feast of crawfish.

Don’t filibuster the muggers, just STFU and hand over the special wallet that looks like a real wallet that has expired library cards and $50 in it. They shoot people all the way to death over fvck all in streets just one removed from where the fun is, mainly because everyone is fvcking drunk.

The police are bent, the politicians are bent, so don’t go offending anyone because they will not give a shit about locking you up.

I adore the place. It’s the only part of America I’d consider living in. If you can find it, it was on NowTV, watch Treme.

1 hour ago, stretch1965 said:

Going to Thailand for two weeks at Easter. Direct Flights are just under a grand each. Does anyone know if major airlines do black Friday or new years sales? 🤔  

BA do periodically. But at a grand a pop, I'd look for a stopover and look via Skyscanner or enrol (for free) with Jack's flight club. Pretty sure you could get flights for 500-600 return if you do. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stretch1965 said:

Going to Thailand for two weeks at Easter. Direct Flights are just under a grand each. Does anyone know if major airlines do black Friday or new years sales? 🤔  

Bloody expensive unless you're flying business or cattle+

Direct flights run from 550-650ish.