Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

13 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Anyone been to Gdansk in December for Christmas markets? 

Looking for a cheap european city break that isn't full of chavs.

Was on my list but had some friends talked wife into Berlin to meet up. Seems to be very nice as Christmas Markets go from what I've been told. Had great times at the Krakow and Warsaw markets, I'd imagine Gdansk to be similar.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Perugia and Umbria were fantastic, like something out of a movie set. 

We then however had our flights cancelled Monday night due to a storm, so we had to trek to Florence first thing yesterday to get another one, which was promptly cancelled due to air traffic control issues and high winds. Trying again tomorrow, with a day in Florence today as a little bonus. 

I was in Italy until last week and was really hoping my flight back would be cancelled. 

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone can help but looking a trip next year to Malaysia - Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, panang island on the list... What is the best time to go weather wise? seem to get conflicting answers when i research. Also, any recommendations on places to visit etc would be appreciated. 

Want to be able to organise myself rather than use say Kuoni as i know they cost a fortune 

Edited by JonnyBoy

3 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

Not sure if anyone can help but looking a trip next year to Malaysia - Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, panang island on the list... What is the best time to go weather wise? seem to get conflicting answers when i research. Also, any recommendations on places to visit etc would be appreciated. 

Want to be able to organise myself rather than use say Kuoni as i know they cost a fortune 

We're booked on a cruise out of Singapore to Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam next year, end of November into December. 

The cruise ships tend to go at the best times of year, at least I hope so lol 

5 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

I went between November and March deliberately to miss the worst of the heat.  The very odd rainy day aside it worked for me.  Are you not going to Thailand? 

Edited by Torquay Gunner

1 hour ago, Torquay Gunner said:

I went between November and March deliberately to miss the worst of the heat.  The very odd rainy day aside it worked for me.  Are you not going to Thailand? 

Thanks I’ll have a look. Already been to Thailand in 2019 so maybe just do Malaysia. I know Thailand we went in December and was mixed weather definitely not full sun. I assume Malaysia will be very similar climate 

5 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

sounds like a great trip! 

Thanks, yeah hopefully, it will only be our second cruise and we haven't done the first one yet, that's November from Dubai to Oman, Abu Dhabi and Qatar, we're hoping we like cruising lol

If you have any must sees in Malaysia and Singapore let me know, I haven't planned anything for the port days yet, we're going to extend our stay in Singapore afterwards for a few days at least

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Thanks, yeah hopefully, it will only be our second cruise and we haven't done the first one yet, that's November from Dubai to Oman, Abu Dhabi and Qatar, we're hoping we like cruising lol

If you have any must sees in Malaysia and Singapore let me know, I haven't planned anything for the port days yet, we're going to extend our stay in Singapore afterwards for a few days at least

I did that cruise back in 2016! Oman is brilliant, go on a boat trip to see the dolphins. 

Emirates palace afternoon tea is an experience in Abu Dhabi, close your eyes for the bill. Enjoy 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

It’s hot and humid all year round so do think it’s a year round place. They do say best time to go is December to April cause it’s drier, but I’ve been Kuala Lumpur in Sept and was perfectly fine. Also, visited Singapore and Langkawi in February.

Malaysia and Singapore are great countries, people are accommodating and friendly and food is amazing. 

I’d like to go Georgetown and Batu Ferenghi next. 

26 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I did that cruise back in 2016! Oman is brilliant, go on a boat trip to see the dolphins. 

Emirates palace afternoon tea is an experience in Abu Dhabi, close your eyes for the bill. Enjoy 

Thanks, we're really looking forward to it! We have tickets for the F1 qualifying in Qatar, we have a dhow boat cruise booked in Khasab on @FoyleFox suggestion, and we have the Emirates Palace booked too, plus so much other stuff I think we're going to need a rest when we get home lol

Edited by FoxesDeb

28 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Thanks, we're really looking forward to it! We have tickets for the F1 qualifying in Qatar, we have a dhow boat cruise booked in Khasab on @FoyleFox suggestion, and we have the Emirates Palace booked too, plus so much other stuff I think we're going to need a rest when we get home lol

You’ll love it

10 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

We went to Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam in March 2020 and the weather was lovely. All were really great places to visit. 

Just had 2 days in San Francisco, that was nice. Hawaii next before New Zealand and Aus.

11 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

Thanks I’ll have a look. Already been to Thailand in 2019 so maybe just do Malaysia. I know Thailand we went in December and was mixed weather definitely not full sun. I assume Malaysia will be very similar climate 

Long time since I visited, but enjoyed Georgetown in Penang and Snake Temple was interesting, provided you don't dislike snakes!  Singapore I found was incredibly clean and safe, but very overcrowded.  The Night Zoo was a brilliant experience to see large animals strolling about after dark. 

Edited by Torquay Gunner

21 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

This website is fantastic for Asia

https://www.selectiveasia.com/malaysia-holidays/weather

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Looking to go to Sri Lanka or possibly Thailand for 3 weeks with what will be our 9 month old next year. 

Hopefully kickstart a life of wanderlust 

Been wanting to go to Sri Lanka for years but the politics tensions in recent times had put me off a little.

Report back please :)

• Like 1