Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Mrs booked Cape Town,Safari and Mauritius today for October.

This sounds like a holiday that could get me shot,stabbed,mugged,mauled,bitten,stung and drowned.

Can't wait.

just like a week in Brighton, or any English retreats in Spain....:).

Mauritius is safer than UK, the people of various and mixed race are fantastic hosts.

Not so conservative dress wise as some people will have.

Keep swimwear for the beach area.Shorts not a problem, but respect the areas you go to.

Same as food, for short stays dont eat from market stalls, my daughter lived there for 6-9 months

she tried the local stalls, with local friends after acclimatisation.But from day 1 bought and cooked

food from the markets.

Safaris brilliant experience, enjoy the bush and savanna, not just the big 5 animals.

• Like 1

Sounds great, I went to Mauritius in December and Cape Town is probably next on the list. Where in Mauritius are you going? Fantastic island, stunning place, amazing people.

Me & the Mrs have been to both places together. Mauritius in 2010 & Cape Town last October.

Both stunning places and not once did we feel scared or worried about anything happening to us.

Where abouts in Mauritius you going? The island is tiny so I suggest hiring a car out for a couple of days and go exploring. Careful of eating the fish in Mauritius I had a dodgy stomach for days.

cheers guys.its called Sugar Beach resort/ Hotel on the West coast.

What about Match 3 in the Champions league???

We would have won it by then!!

cheers guys.its called Sugar Beach resort/ Hotel on the West coast.We would have won it by then!!

A lot of loved up couples there. Either getting married, on honeymoon or celebrating an anniversary. Been married for yonks and not the same when discussing when your going to change the landing light bulb.

Venture out or you might as well go to Spain

cheers guys.its called Sugar Beach resort/ Hotel on the West coast.We would have won it by then!!

We stayed on the North West at the Maritim Resort and Spa. Plenty to do on the island, we walked up the highest peak on the island which only takes about an hour from the easiest point and the views at the top are stunning. Went on a dolphin trip which we did get to see the dolphins in their natural habitat but it bordered on harassment so be careful with that.

We also hired a car and drove down to the beach under Le Morne which was great. Can't wait to go back some day.

A lot of loved up couples there. Either getting married, on honeymoon or celebrating an anniversary. Been married for yonks and not the same when discussing when your going to change the landing light bulb.

Venture out or you might as well go to Spain

We stayed on the North West at the Maritim Resort and Spa. Plenty to do on the island, we walked up the highest peak on the island which only takes about an hour from the easiest point and the views at the top are stunning. Went on a dolphin trip which we did get to see the dolphins in their natural habitat but it bordered on harassment so be careful with that.

We also hired a car and drove down to the beach under Le Morne which was great. Can't wait to go back some day.

Ta,got the kids too just to ruin everyone else's fun!

I'm not a sun bathing fan I get bored and I believe the reef goes up to the beach at the hotel so that's me sorted and a few trips too.

Ta,got the kids too just to ruin everyone else's fun!

I'm not a sun bathing fan I get bored and I believe the reef goes up to the beach at the hotel so that's me sorted and a few trips too.

The only bad thing about the place is the stray dogs. Sad to see.

• 1 month later...

Took the family to Orlando last August. Holiday of a lifetime but cost about £10k all in. The kids haven't shut up about it since so I promised I'd take them again next year and do a cheap UK holiday this year. But fvck it, you only live once and can't take the money with you. So I've booked the same apartment on i-drive again for 2 weeks this August and will surprise them the week before. I'm a great Dad to be honest :D  

Took the family to Orlando last August. Holiday of a lifetime but cost about £10k all in. The kids haven't shut up about it since so I promised I'd take them again next year and do a cheap UK holiday this year. But fvck it, you only live once and can't take the money with you. So I've booked the same apartment on i-drive again for 2 weeks this August and will surprise them the week before. I'm a great Dad to be honest :D

A rich dad.

We went last year too, end of June, start of July. Whereabouts on I drive?

We went last year too, end of June, start of July. Whereabouts on I drive?

Towards the bottom/south end - a bit more quiet. Sheraton Vistana Villages apartments. About 20 mins drive from Disney and the same to Sea World/Universal. Bang in the middle of everywhere really. The kids loved it so much that I thought we'd go back to the same place - better the devil you know and all that.