Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy it? Highlights?

I've just booked again to go out in July.

Despite missing the flight there and ending up going via Venice and only spending 3 days there...it was incredible. Beautiful country, fantastic people everywhere you go. Rent a car and go exploring, you won't regret it. We're already planning to go back in September.

Highlights were...

Lake Bled (we went on a gorgeous day and we must have only seen about 50 people on the whole walk round).

Walking around Ljubljana and just chatting with everyone, enjoying the sunshine and the nice coffee and ice cream (Go to Cacao by the river).

Drinking and eating at the brewery with some locals on St Patrick's day.

We want to go back and vistit Piran, see the Postojna caves, and go canoeing down Soca River.

Piran and the whole of Istria is really nice. Good food and wine in little 'agriturismo' type places.

Lake Bohinj is maybe more beautiful and quieter than Bled, there are some great walks to be done in the mountains near there and the area round Jesenice. The train ride from Ljubljana to Jesenice is beautiful. Get off at Podhom and have an explore round Vintgar gorge.

Metalkova in Ljubljana is an 'autonomous' area in the city, very hipster but with good cheap bars and fit women. At least it was when I went in 2007, might have changed a bit since then.

Guest Col city fan

Montego Bay for two weeks next Wednesday. 31 celcius today. Just hope I can find a bar with Stella and Stelling.

Just booked Prague for a long weekend in July with the lads. Any advice on where the better watering holes are?

There's plenty of choice. Basically everywhere sells quality, cheap beer, I can't really think of a single stand out pub.

Montego Bay for two weeks next Wednesday. 31 celcius today. Just hope I can find a bar with Stella and Stelling.

Is it mathematically possible that you could be out of the country the day we win the PL Col? Imagine missing the party mate! lol

Antigua for 10 days in June,

Roll on June.

Went to sandal resort in antigua. Was very nice. Good food. Beaches in antigua are public (from what i remember) so you may deal with locals trying to sell stuff but very nice people. Beautiful island.

Despite missing the flight there and ending up going via Venice and only spending 3 days there...it was incredible. Beautiful country, fantastic people everywhere you go. Rent a car and go exploring, you won't regret it. We're already planning to go back in September.

Highlights were...

Lake Bled (we went on a gorgeous day and we must have only seen about 50 people on the whole walk round).

Walking around Ljubljana and just chatting with everyone, enjoying the sunshine and the nice coffee and ice cream (Go to Cacao by the river).

Drinking and eating at the brewery with some locals on St Patrick's day.

We want to go back and vistit Piran, see the Postojna caves, and go canoeing down Soca River.

Great stuff!

Yeah we've got a car too so I think Piran is on the cards as well as Lake Bohinj (done Bled a few times now). Can't wait.

Guest Col city fan

Is it mathematically possible that you could be out of the country the day we win the PL Col? Imagine missing the party mate! lol

I know mate! And i dont know the answer! The holiday has been booked for months of course not knowing where LCFC would be sitting!

I know mate! And i dont know the answer! The holiday has been booked for months of course not knowing where LCFC would be sitting!

I did the same mate, just had to book new flights and lost a lot of money just so I can go to the Everton match lol school boy error.

Just looking at flights for Amsterdam in October and they're £77. Whilst I'm happy with this will they drop in price if I wait or is this the best price they'll be

You probably won't get them that much cheaper, airlines like Ryanair get more expensive nearer the time.

Not exactly a holiday but going to Krakow, Poland in August for my godson's wedding. Four of us are planning to use this as an opportunity to visit Auschwitz and Birkenau. Not exactly fun in the sun but we feel we should whilst we're so close.

Guest Col city fan

Not exactly a holiday but going to Krakow, Poland in August for my godson's wedding. Four of us are planning to use this as an opportunity to visit Auschwitz and Birkenau. Not exactly fun in the sun but we feel we should whilst we're so close.

I did this last year with the family.

Krakow is nice. Take a hanky for the death camps. Birkenau especially is eerie and chilling.

6 million Jews across Europe. ....

Go to the Salt Mines as well if you get the chance.

2 holidays done this year already.

Just over 6 weeks til my next one lol.

Going Marrakech over the 2nd bank holiday weekend of May.

Any tips? Places to go, eat etc...

Ooh I went there last month with friends from uni!

Definitely go to the Jemaa el Fna square and just walk round the Medina, take in all the souks, it's glorious chaos. Would recommend eating at one of the restaurants overlooking the big square also.

Marrakech is a great place for day trips, loads of hostels and hotels run trips to Essaouira (lovely coastal town), Ouarzazate (stunning desert city) or even overnighters in the Sahara, would definitely recommend doing one of them to get away from the hustle and bustle!

Hope I've helped!