Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Ooh I went there last month with friends from uni!

Definitely go to the Jemaa el Fna square and just walk round the Medina, take in all the souks, it's glorious chaos. Would recommend eating at one of the restaurants overlooking the big square also.

Marrakech is a great place for day trips, loads of hostels and hotels run trips to Essaouira (lovely coastal town), Ouarzazate (stunning desert city) or even overnighters in the Sahara, would definitely recommend doing one of them to get away from the hustle and bustle!

Hope I've helped!

awesome, will bear this in mind  :thumbup:

Thanks!

Going to Il De Re at the end of June for 10 days, hopefully England are still in the Euros as it could well be that we play France when I'm out there. Beast.

Anyone ever been? Heard it's supposed to be lovely, if not a little posh. It's a bit of a free holiday so can't complain whatever it is to be honest.

Got a 4 day pisser in Ireland just before it, in fact my flight gets back at 7am and then I've got to drive to Pompey for the ferry for 10pm that night. Could be heinous.

Anybody been to Amsterdam recently? 

Went a couple of years ago for 4 nights and did quite a bit:

Heineken Museum, river cruise, vondelpark, red light district, couple of museums (didn't get round to Anne Frank's), cheese tasting 

Going again in a few weeks for a couple of nights. May head outside the city a bit (windmills and tulips) but anybody got any other suggestions of things to do?

Anybody been to Amsterdam recently? 

Went a couple of years ago for 4 nights and did quite a bit:

Heineken Museum, river cruise, vondelpark, red light district, couple of museums (didn't get round to Anne Frank's), cheese tasting 

Going again in a few weeks for a couple of nights. May head outside the city a bit (windmills and tulips) but anybody got any other suggestions of things to do?

Yep went in February.

Did the Amsterdam Arena tour. Obviously explored a lot of the coffee shops. Best one we went to was one called Greenhouse Effect. And we went to the IceBar not far from there too. Didn't get round to Anne Frank's either but were told a couple of times while we were out there you're best booking a couple of months in advance. Queues are ridiculous if you try and turn up and get a slot.

Has anyone done a Boston/New York trip? What's the travel like between the two? 

Haven't done it yet but I'm planning to do it this summer so I did a bit of researching in the last few days.

There are multiple options but the one that's the best for me is the bus. It's about a 5 hour drive, the cost is 5 to 25$ depending on the company and the time of departure. The buses mostly depart from South Station which is in central Boston and go to a number of NY stations, mostly on Mannhattan (usually Penn Station).

https://www.wanderu.com/en/bus-tickets/us-ma/boston/us-ny/new-york/

The other options are by train (3 to 5 hours, but a lot more expensive) or car rental.

Haven't done it yet but I'm planning to do it this summer so I did a bit of researching in the last few days.

There are multiple options but the one that's the best for me is the bus. It's about a 5 hour drive, the cost is 5 to 25$ depending on the company and the time of departure. The buses mostly depart from South Station which is in central Boston and go to a number of NY stations, mostly on Mannhattan (usually Penn Station).

https://www.wanderu.com/en/bus-tickets/us-ma/boston/us-ny/new-york/

The other options are by train (3 to 5 hours, but a lot more expensive) or car rental.

Ah thanks mate, I was clearly being lazy. Suprised by how cheap those tickets are though, I was expecting a lot more!

Just looking at flights for Amsterdam in October and they're £77. Whilst I'm happy with this will they drop in price if I wait or is this the best price they'll be

It's always a gamble, but I cant imagine they would drop any more significantly, give or take a couple of quid.

Think I paid £80(ish) return to Amsterdam with KLM. Free non/alcoholic beverage, bacon sandwich & nuts!

Amazing how a the price of return flight wouldn't even get you to London and back on the train.

Edited by CollinsLCFC

going to st austel to visit the father in august. if im honest i want to look at flying there since the mrs is a notoriously bad traveller and i have my 6 year old with me. anyone know where i can get dirt cheap flights to newquay? would prefer east mids but would accept brum. 

going to st austel to visit the father in august. if im honest i want to look at flying there since the mrs is a notoriously bad traveller and i have my 6 year old with me. anyone know where i can get dirt cheap flights to newquay? would prefer east mids but would accept brum. 

I don't think you can go from East Mids to Newquay.  Unless that has changed recently.  I know we could have gone from Robin Hood near Doncaster

Got friends that live near Portreath.  We flew from Birmingham to Newquay roughly 5 years ago for about £45 return. 

I don't think you can go from East Mids to Newquay.  Unless that has changed recently.  I know we could have gone from Robin Hood near Doncaster

Got friends that live near Portreath.  We flew from Birmingham to Newquay roughly 5 years ago for about £45 return. 

its around 70 odd at this moment but its cheaper to drive still at that rate. 

• 2 weeks later...

Only reason to fly to Cornwall is if you are going for up to 3 days, ie lose 2/3 driving.

Just booked 10 days Bali 10 days in Perth to visit family in August.  Fortunately not paying for much of it myself.  Father in law was going to come here, wants us to go there instead.  Can't say I mind 10 days 5 star hotel in Nusa Dua! 

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for a city break in January for my birthday, but would like it to be semi warm (although I am flexible on this). Been looking at Valencia, anyone been? Any other suggestions for places to go in January?

Palermo's great. Much better version of Naples.

Looking for a city break in January for my birthday, but would like it to be semi warm (although I am flexible on this). Been looking at Valencia, anyone been? Any other suggestions for places to go in January?

Barcelona is very warm around Xmas Jan time and not as crowded.

Seville - couldn't recommend it enough

Edited by Watson

Got back from Benidorm yesterday afternoon.

What a shithole that place is. Not even very good at night.

I last went there about 20 years ago. Sounds like it hasn't changed a bit since then!