Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Menorca , booked last night , go in 3 weeks , Cala n Bosch anyone been ?

Went with an ex for a week to the same resort couple of years ago, it's ok, two beaches but pretty small and then one main harbour/port which is where all the restaurants/bar is but that's about it.

Ended up eating at this one steakhouse every night you will know which one, was pricey but nicest food on the island.

Didn't really venture out so maybe more to do on the island via trips n such.

Just got back from Alcudia in Mallorca was beautiful, the beach is miles long white sands, sky blue warm seas, 30 min temps everyday... would go again!

Couldn't go in the sea when we went menorca due to thousands of jelly fish.

Edited by whoareyaaa

Has anybody been to Morocco, either Agadir or Marrakesch? If so are they nice places?

We have a 1 year old daughter so would like it to be child friendly

Any tips would be appreciated

Have a look at Alcudia mate, be ideal for your daughter and missus, not to expensive either.

Have a look at Alcudia mate, be ideal for your daughter and missus, not to expensive either.

But culturally a wasteland in comparison.

Everyone should visit Marrakech once in their life.

Went with an ex for a week to the same resort couple of years ago, it's ok, two beaches but pretty small and then one main harbour/port which is where all the restaurants/bar is but that's about it.

Ended up eating at this one steakhouse every night you will know which one, was pricey but nicest food on the island.

Didn't really venture out so maybe more to do on the island via trips n such.

Just got back from Alcudia in Mallorca was beautiful, the beach is miles long white sands, sky blue warm seas, 30 min temps everyday... would go again!

Couldn't go in the sea when we went menorca due to thousands of jelly fish.

Have done Alcudia and Cala Bona

Cala bona is lovely on Mallorca

Menorca , booked last night , go in 3 weeks , Cala n Bosch anyone been ?

Passed through it when I walked the Cami de Cavalls (a medieval coastal path that goes completely around the island). Seem to recall it as being quiet, but the two sections of the path either side of it are beautiful. You know, if you're into walking. You can get a taxi as far along as you like, then walk back.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

Has anybody been to Morocco, either Agadir or Marrakesch? If so are they nice places?

We have a 1 year old daughter so would like it to be child friendly

Any tips would be appreciated

went at end of May.

Stayed in 'Be Live Family Aqua Fun' resort outside the city of Marrakech, around 20 minutes drive from the airport. Great place and very child-friendly. Especially the staff. One of the places where they'll go to extra lengths to make sure you have a fun time at the hotel. Plenty of areas for you/your family to relax and enjoy yourselves. 

Taxis easy to book through the hotel (and fairly cheap) if you want to go back in to the city centre and explore the souks and bazaars. Free shuttle bus to and from the Medina 3 times a day booked through the hotel. Gets very hot during the day (depending when you go) and the Medina is massive, so I'd plan your day well!

Passed through it when I walked the Cami de Cavalls (a medieval coastal path that goes completely around the island). Seem to recall it as being quiet, but the two sections of the path either side of it are beautiful. You know, if you're into walking. You can get a taxi as far along as you like, then walk back.

Need sturdy shoes or trainers ok ?

Need sturdy shoes or trainers ok ?

I wore walking shoes but there are only a couple of stages of moderate difficulty, and it's easy hiking where you're going (if memory serves - I hiked the whole thing and the stages kinda blur together) so trainers would be fine.

http://www.descobreixmenorca.com/en/cami-de-cavalls-3/

Edited by Buce

I wore walking shoes but there are only a couple of stages of moderate difficulty, and it's easy hiking where you're going (if memory serves - I hiked the whole thing and the stages kinda blur together) so trainers would be fine.

http://www.descobreixmenorca.com/en/cami-de-cavalls-3/

Thanks for that Buce

I did the Reeth- fremington edge -Reeth walk Yorks recently , that was fun

Thanks for that Buce

I did the Reeth- fremington edge -Reeth walk Yorks recently , that was fun

No worries, mate.

Menorca is lovely. It has some of the best beaches in the world, often in picturesque little coves. And the best ones can only be accessed by walking, so they don't get particularly crowded. Make sure you carry water with you though.

Have fun. :)

• Like 1

For how long? Also what was the weather like and would you says it's a fairly safe and friendly place?

Where abouts did you visit?

thinking of going myself so any advice welcome!

Very friendly and safe. Cheap too.

Did you try an Alsatian burger?

Isn't that food from NE France? 

For how long? Also what was the weather like and would you says it's a fairly safe and friendly place?

Where abouts did you visit?

thinking of going myself so any advice welcome!

Went for two weeks just about. The weather was permanently humid so you're literally dripping with sweat constantly - it's either boiling along with the humidity or it pisses it down.

Seems a very safe place to me never felt on edge or anything like that. People are genuinely very friendly and are keen to get to know you, this was even in the places where they barely ever see a westerner. Most people speak good English too.

Food is amazing and is healthy too, you'll be absolutely stuffed for a while then two hours later you're hungry again lol. Try doing lots of street food tours it's a real eye opener, got to try fruits and vegatables i've never heard of before.

It's really cheap too, beer is normally less than £1 ish a pint (30,000 VND) was drinking for less than 20p a pint in Ha Noi the other day. If you go try a Banh My (sp?) it's a baguette they make with pork and other vegatables which is absolutely amazing and costs less than a quid.

The roads look an absolute nightmare as no one pays attention to the rules and literally drive however they want, but crossing the road is actually safe as they drive at a pretty low speed and can easily drive around you even in the busiest roads. There's an absolute shit tonne of motorbikes there as cars are really expensive for the locals to import.

First place I went to was Ho Chi Minh City which was really really busy but very interesting with the history surrounding it, mostly the French occupation and the American war crimes committed there. Lots of pegodas and stuff like that. Make sure you look at the Cu Chi (sp?) tunnels which are remains of the tunnels the VC used to hide from the Americans, they go on for miles. You can go inside some of them. The demonstrations of some of the traps they used are really good. Had the opportunity to fire guns aswell.

Then went to Hoi An which is a lot more peaceful and old fashioned, stayed by the river in the old quarter which was really nice, plenty of things to do there. You can also get made to measure stuff like shirts, leather jackets, shoes etc for really cheap, they can copy stuff you have already too.

Then went to Ha Noi which is again very busy, went on a Boat Cruise called Dragon Legend 2 which was absolute luxury the food and service was amazing. Got to go kayaking along the bay which is stunning and to see the caves but couldn't do a lot as there was an electric storm one night. Only problem is the bay is 4 hrs away from the city but we had a luxury taxi which was like being inside a private jet lol.

If you're willing to pay a bit more i'd recommend getting business class domestic flights as you get treated like royalty and have your own private lounge at the airport and is a lot better if you have to be at places at a certain time as some of the other airlines have frequent delays.