Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LanguedocFox

Android tablet to TV

I was given a fairly cheap Lenovo tablet for Christmas, and it's been really useful, although it's taken a while to get my old PC-orientated brain around the operating system. I have a question, and apologies if this has been posted before - I can't find it anywhere on the forum though.

I can watch TV streaming on the tablet, but I was wondering if it is possible to run that wirelessly through my TV, and if so what I need to do it. The tablet has only a couple of connections: a mini USB for charging and an audio back-plug socket.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Doesn't the allcast app allow things to be streamed through a smart tv?

I have not the faintest idea, but once I get my new Dongle I am hoping the installation instructions will explain all. I'll let you know!

Localcast is a decent app if you want to stream media on your Android to a chromecast if you get one. The ES file browser also has a chromecast plug in that pushes most media formats to it

On a similar note, does anyone know how to get an Android tablet to stream the Sky Go app to a TV?

I'm told that it won't work via Chromecast as Sky have, unsurprisingly, locked it all down pretty well to stop people doing just that.

I'm sure some of you creative techno-boffins will have looked at workarounds 

On a similar note, does anyone know how to get an Android tablet to stream the Sky Go app to a TV?

I'm told that it won't work via Chromecast as Sky have, unsurprisingly, locked it all down pretty well to stop people doing just that.

I'm sure some of you creative techno-boffins will have looked at workarounds

I'm sure there are ways but I gave up looking and put Sky Go on a HDMI capable laptop, you may find cables that can output from micro usb to HDMI for your tablet but it depends on the hardware of your tablet.

I'm sure there are ways but I gave up looking and put Sky Go on a HDMI capable laptop, you may find cables that can output from micro usb to HDMI for your tablet but it depends on the hardware of your tablet.

The only solution I could find was along those lines.  Do you mean you link it to your TV, and is Sky Go actually a piece of software on a Windows PC? Thinking about it, there is an HDMI port on my laptop so this might be a goer

The only solution I could find was along those lines. Do you mean you link it to your TV, and is Sky Go actually a piece of software on a Windows PC? Thinking about it, there is an HDMI port on my laptop so this might be a goer

There is a Sky Go windows application

And it doesn't interfere with the HDMI out?

I don't think it can because it is just like a monitor connection, I can't test it until February because we have to wait to be allowed change device.

Archived