Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

But Okazaki was apparently a Pearson signing? While Dyer was a Ranieri signing wasn't he?

There's no such thing as a Pearson or Ranieri signing. A manager might feed into the scouting team. Nige did absolutely naff all on that side of things.

I think it's harsh on Okazaki to be playing probably the most hard working position in our system after an international break.

How many games have we lost that Oka has played in? 1

We were 2-0 down when he came off against Villa, Stoke and Southampton, so he had absolutely no contribution towards those comebacks, so that's an absolute nonsense statement to make.

If anything it shows how much better we look when he's replaced.

I don't see what he's really doing wrong - game against big strong centre halfs he's perhaps too lightweight and we should be going with Ulloa instead (so, next week in particular) but he's working well as a link between midfield and attack. Easy to say he's not scoring, but is he getting the balls into him, or is the system set up to feed Vardy? 

I don't see what he's really doing wrong - game against big strong centre halfs he's perhaps too lightweight and we should be going with Ulloa instead (so, next week in particular) but he's working well as a link between midfield and attack. Easy to say he's not scoring, but is he getting the balls into him, or is the system set up to feed Vardy?

Thats the point though, he shouldn't have started yesterday or against Arsenal. He suits a certain type of game which is fine but we shouldn't start him every game when he's contributing very little. He's not lazy so it's not a lack of effort but I just can't see how he warrants one of the 11 places in the team

Thats the point though, he shouldn't have started yesterday or against Arsenal. He suits a certain type of game which is fine but we shouldn't start him every game when he's contributing very little. He's not lazy so it's not a lack of effort but I just can't see how he warrants one of the 11 places in the team

Yesterday against Fonte and Virgin, fair enough, he's not going to be overly effective but he definitely warrants a place in the team because of the work he does to draw defenders out and link the midfield through to Vardy. It's much the same role as Nugent was playing in the championship season - he's not deployed as a goalscorer, he's deployed to bring together an attacking system to lay things on a plate for Vardy. For as much as he was a bit of a passenger yesterday, there's games like Bournemouth where he's come on and changed the game, and games like Norwich where his harrying has created goals. 

Don't see how anyone can blame Okazaki for the 2 goals we let in. He's probably the last person to be blamed for them. If you want to stop leaking goals look at the defence and the GK.

I'm not writing him off and I don't think he's a bad player, but I think we have better options at this moment.

He's been ineffective since West Ham and how many times do we have to take a player off at HT before we don't start him at all.

The problem is that his neither quick nor tall, which doesn't suit our direct counter attacking or Albrighton's crosses. His main strength is during build-up play but since West Ham defenders are out-muscling him consistently.

No brainier that Ulloa or Kramaric start next week. I'll start to seriously wonder about the owners influence if Okazaki starts again.

he's been taken off whilst we've been losing and replaced by players who've made a difference in most recent games though, let's not pretend he's in any way responsible for, for example, anything we've taken from today's game or games vs villa, stoke etc. 

we've also only lost one game all season so that is potentially, and this is some going, the worst use of a stat i've ever seen on this forum. 

Probably your best ever post.  :thumbup:

After nearly 25,000 even a blind squirrel finds an acorn occasionally.  :D

We were 2-0 down when he came off against Villa, Stoke and Southampton, so he had absolutely no contribution towards those comebacks, so that's an absolute nonsense statement to make.

If anything it shows how much better we look when he's replaced.

This as well, unbelievable own goal by Fif to give Okazaki credit for us only losing one game this season.

I'm not writing him off and I don't think he's a bad player, but I think we have better options at this moment.

He's been ineffective since West Ham and how many times do we have to take a player off at HT before we don't start him at all.

The problem is that his neither quick nor tall, which doesn't suit our direct counter attacking or Albrighton's crosses. His main strength is during build-up play but since West Ham defenders are out-muscling him consistently.

No brainier that Ulloa or Kramaric start next week. I'll start to seriously wonder about the owners influence if Okazaki starts again.

The problem with our forwards are Vardy is by far and a way our best one. Vardy is a No 9 if ever there was one and we need a No 10 to play with him.

Ulloa is our second best but he's a No 9.

Okazaki doesn't score or assist for us so far but seems to get away with it from our fans as he runs around a lot.

Kramaric basically runs round in circles and in neither quick or strong.

I got pelters on the Kramaric thread for suggesting I'd happily sell any of our strikers to fund the purchase of one really good one to partner Vardy. It's the first position I would replace if we could bring in the right player in January.

This as well, unbelievable own goal by Fif to give Okazaki credit for us only losing one game this season.

I can't believe that my humour just flies over so many heads.

City fans are not as clever as I thought.

I'd like to see Shinji come on late game to mirror Vardy's style of play. Having two runners at the start generally gives us no nuance in our play, at a time when it's needed. Start Ulloa, or Mahrez behind Vardy next week please.

We notionally start 4-4-2 with SO & JV up front. It's not tinkering,more tactical nous,imo, when behind we change to more of a 4-2-3-1,as we did yesterday to good effect.

Whilst 4-2-3-1 may be the norm in the PL, away we should consider setting up like that from the start. It would make only one change, Riyad for SO. For home games we could revert to 4-4-2 but with Riyad on the less vulnerable wing and Shinji up front. 

I think he'll adapt to this league, he has the game for it but right now he's anyhow. I've never known a player get dragged at half time as much as he has and yet continue to get picked from the start the following game. I think Ranieri is just hoping he finds his feet early on in a game and gets a goal that shakes the shackles off. It's not happening right now and I worry we're impeding ourselves by having a player we take off at half time when we're invariably 2-0 down.

Time for Ulloa. If this was Nuge there would be total uproar. Two more big physical centre halves on Sunday, as well as Ulloa being a big presence defending corners.

Time for Ulloa. If this was Nuge there would be total uproar. Two more big physical centre halves on Sunday, as well as Ulloa being a big presence defending corners.

The additional big man defending set pieces very underrated especially in light of the continually exposed defensive weaknesses at them.

I think his contribution so far has been brilliant and I don't really understand some of the criticism. He reminds me of Vardy when he first arrived only, actually, better.

Stop looking at chances he creates directly or goals he scores and start watching how many moves he starts by winning the ball and harassing midfielders.

People banged on about Nugent's contribution when we didn't have the ball but actually he was fairly shit, he chased a little but he rarely won it back.

Okazaki doesn't have the pace and creativity of Dyer and Mahrez but that's not why he's there. He's like having another ball winning midfielder on the park only in a more advanced position. That's why he's starting and he's pretty damn good at it.

He throws himself at much bigger people and often comes out with the ball.

Shinji the new Nugent for idiots on this forum to make their new hate figure. A guy by the way who has played in the German

Bundesliga at a top side and a Japanese International with 47 International goals?

He suits our style of play, works hard, tackles and upsets upposing defenders he is just our type of player. Both him and Schlupp looked out of sorts on Saturday. Fonte for Southampton is blaming fatigue for all their Internationals playing in the week. I would

Argue both Schlupp and Okazaki travelled further distances then the majority of theirs and ours?

It's totally refreshing we have now a manager who recognises when we have to change things in a game and if that is at half time so be it. That would not have been done by the previous management who would have waited to at least the 69th minute, before changing and it would have been like for like. The subs on Saturday changed the game in our favour and it was the right call.

For those calling for Ulloa or Kramaric to start. So you would like our style of play to change? When Ulloa is on the pitch we hit it long and high a bit like when Howard was here. Kramaric I just don't get the love in? He is poor and sorry I don't rate the guy neither do the new regime I believe he will be sold in January.

We should all be grateful for the great club and team we are building. I think we are going places this season. Be grateful for what you have sit back, strap in, and enjoy the ride.

Archived