Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

Ranieri's pretty much just said Ulloa won't be in the squad this weekend. I'm still of the opinion that Okazaki is just that little bit of an upgrade on Nugent, hard-worker, brings people into the game, can pick a pass etc. I think Okazaki has a better first touch than Nuge, but Nugent was definitely stronger. I have faith that Okazaki will come good though, just needs to adjust. I'd perhaps start on the bench against Palace and have Mahrez playing behind Vardy. Okazaki played well when he came on in the second half against Bournemouth so maybe he could a real impact coming off the bench. 

Guest CityFan 06

Yeah I still think Okazaki will come good for us at some stage, likewise Inler. It's most probably the adjustment to Premier League football but do believe they both have qualities to offer us. What will hopefully help Okazaki is that he has good players around him from each position which will help.

Can anybody honestly say they wouldn't have had his transfer fee spent on a quality right back?

He's only been bought for the Asian market, just like Abe was.

Not saying he's no good, but he's no better than Nugent was.

Disagree.

Can anybody honestly say they wouldn't have had his transfer fee spent on a quality right back?

he is 10 times the player Nugent is

Drinkwater, James, Morgan, Vardy, in fact 85% of the team last season, were all brilliant before march last season

werent they..!!!! Hell they were.

Mahrez, Albrighton hot and cold, Schlupp Marmite to the fans, loved or hated.

9 games gone this season, the same foxes fans experts are at it again, lets keep telling everybody how bad our players are, you got it wrong in the Championship year, you got it wrong last year,9 games gone, the odds are you will get it wrong again this season, unlike some of yus, the players targeted have learnt, how to adjust.

Its far too early too judge, Shinji, or Inler, Kante has for me hit the ground running, Huth still solid, but like all Cbs has his ups and downs, but bloody happy we got him to sign.

Opionate by all means, but rein it in a little, some of it goes from the same posters, goes from the sublime to the ridiculous, and often borders spite.

Also dont forget Cambiasso in his 1st 10-15 games was typical champagne or selters, in the same game, 5 minutes world class then 15 minutes schoolboy errors.

Inler is not in Cambiassos class bracket, but neither was Izzet, or Lennon, and now Drinkwater, but he like them could give

us some consistent great moments.

We have had this season begin, our best, in 30 yrs or more , so patience from fans they have earnt.

That's a bit unfair. Why make him the scapegoat?    Could it not be that we just couldnt find a RB who would join us? 

That Aranguiz  plus our failed bid for that winger Amarillo should testify that money is no problem.

Drinkwater, James, Morgan, Vardy, in fact 85% of the team last season, were all brilliant before march last season

werent they..!!!! Hell they were.

Mahrez, Albrighton hot and cold, Schlupp Marmite to the fans, loved or hated.

9 games gone this season, the same foxes fans experts are at it again, lets keep telling everybody how bad our players are, you got it wrong in the Championship year, you got it wrong last year,9 games gone, the odds are you will get it wrong again this season, unlike some of yus, the players targeted have learnt, how to adjust.

Its far too early too judge, Shinji, or Inler, Kante has for me hit the ground running, Huth still solid, but like all Cbs has his ups and downs, but bloody happy we got him to sign.

Opionate by all means, but rein it in a little, some of it goes from the same posters, goes from the sublime to the ridiculous, and often borders spite.

Also dont forget Cambiasso in his 1st 10-15 games was typical champagne or selters, in the same game, 5 minutes world class then 15 minutes schoolboy errors.

Inler is not in Cambiassos class bracket, but neither was Izzet, or Lennon, and now Drinkwater, but he like them could give

us some consistent great moments.

We have had this season begin, our best, in 30 yrs or more , so patience from fans they have earnt.

Agree with you, they need more time to adjust.

Don't really care who's playing, as long as we keep playing this attractive entertaining football and stay in/around the top 8!!

Joking aside Okazaki is clearly a decent player or he wouldn't be starting for us week in week out, bare in mind our form has been excellent this year. He links play fairly well and does help pressurise deep lying midfielders from the opposition. However he does need to add a few more goals to his name. He can easily go unnoticed for his hardwork, but he is a (second) striker at the end of the day so he does need more goals and assists. Good signing I think though, and an upgrade on Nugent.

He's our  modern day Heskey.. Unsung hero maybe but there  comes a time when you want a few more goals from your striker...

Not when we are scoring so many as a team.

What a waste of a shirt. He closes down but never actually gets near anyone. If by any miracle he does, he tries to make a tackle and either just bounces off them by being so weak, it make a pathetic sliding tackle that never wins the ball.

He has NO pace, NO flair/skill, goes to peices in front of goal.

Actually all he can do is take it into feet and throw himself to the ground theatrically 40 yards from goal.

He's a complete waste of a jersey and I genuinely felt for the midfielders and kramaric today as he was completely inept, and bar Sunderland and maybe West Ham, he has been all season.

To think nugent got slaughtered on here..

What a waste of a shirt. He closes down but never actually gets near anyone. If by any miracle he does, he tries to make a tackle and either just bounces off them by being so weak, it make a pathetic sliding tackle that never wins the ball.

He has NO pace, NO flair/skill, goes to peices in front of goal.

Actually all he can do is take it into feet and throw himself to the ground theatrically 40 yards from goal.

He's a complete waste of a jersey and I genuinely felt for the midfielders and kramaric today as he was completely inept, and bar Sunderland and maybe West Ham, he has been all season.

To think nugent got slaughtered on here..

And Vardy got slaughtered on here, people have no patience with anybody!

If there is one thing worst than a Japanese striker, then it must be a Japanese goalkeeper.... please god NO.

Remember Kawaguchi at Portsmouth...... let in 4 on his debut, all mistakes.

In Japan Kawashima is seen as the prototypical Japanese samurai for his warrior-like masculine expression.

Would shift a load more shirts than Okazaki..

Short memories on here. Two of our best players now were slated in their first season and now look at them. Don't be so quick to judge.

Difference is, we paid £8m for a seasoned player at 29 years old. He hasn't got 3 seasons to bed in and improve.

How people can defend his disgustingly bad performances is beyond me. Yesterday we might as well played with 10 men, all he did was ineffectual running without ever actually closing anyone down. Offered less than zero in an attacking sense and all our good recent results/comebacks in the premier league have been once he has been hooked while losing.

Is he an improvement on nugent? No. Is he any younger? Not really. Cheaper? Twice the fee.

Bad business.

Archived