Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

Where did he play last night exactly?

At Mainz he only really found form playing right up top, after they played him wide for a while and he did nothing. We have been playing him in a position that I can't believe we actually signed him for so far.

Just imagine this thread if we were to lose a Premiership football match.

It's like lynching might be a viable option...

Excellent to see people giving him time - it's great that we've all learnt so many lessons from the Vardy saga.

Where did he play last night exactly?

At Mainz he only really found form playing right up top, after they played him wide for a while and he did nothing. We have been playing him in a position that I can't believe we actually signed him for so far.

We sling crosses into him, pointless, jumping height is about 5'9. Put the ball over the top, pointless, he wasn't faster than Hull's slowest defender. Give it into feet, it either went straight back or he miscontrolled and next thing he was doing one of them pathetic sliding tackles.

Can someone tell me something he does other than run around (quite slowly)?

We all said it at the time though didn't we... £8M for a 29 yr old lol.

I don't know why but I hated the idea of signing him at the time but really like him now. Which is different to just bout everyone else.

I personally don't think Vardy would have half the goals he has without him. I think he plays the hole brilliantly away from home.

I got crucified for not wanting Okazaki

Just imagine this thread if we were to lose a Premiership football match.

It's like lynching might be a viable option...

Excellent to see people giving him time - it's great that we've all learnt so many lessons from the Vardy saga.

See my post above, Vardy was 25 and came from non league for barely a 7 figure sum. Also, when he was playing badly, spent an awful long time not getting games.

This is a 29 year old multimillion pound signing from one of Europes top leagues. Keeps turning in inept performances, and gets game time every week?

See the difference?

Instead of using Vardy, who has put in a huge amount of hard work on his game improve as much as he has, come up with a reason why you see Okazaki improving, what his value to the team is currently and what he offers that others don't?

See my post above, Vardy was 25 and came from non league for barely a 7 figure sum. Also, when he was playing badly, spent an awful long time not getting games.

This is a 29 year old multimillion pound signing from one of Europes top leagues. Keeps turning in inept performances, and gets game time every week?

See the difference?

How incredibly patronising lol

Yeah I get the difference thanks, petal.

I just disagree with you.

'Inept' is in my opinion a foolish and reactionary label to apply to Okazaki.

I think he's an upgrade on Nugent.

I think he creates space, making runs which has exacerbated Vardy's success.

I think he defends from the front closing down relentlessly like the energiser bunny crossed with a terrier.

I also think his goals will come and that he'd already have a few if he wasn't playing slightly behind Vardy as clearly instructed to by the manager.

Edit: I also think he should start with Vardy as in previous matches as we gave Palace too much of the ball and Vardy was isolated up front and I thought as a result we were lucky to edge the game.

I don't know why but I hated the idea of signing him at the time but really like him now. Which is different to just bout everyone else.

I personally don't think Vardy would have half the goals he has without him. I think he plays the hole brilliantly away from home.

I agree with this. His game is different to how I expected it would be. Same as Nugent, whoever plays this role gets slaughtered because they don't get the goals or catch the eye. Doesn't matter what fans think, Ranieri knows his value to the team just as NP did with Nugent. Take him out the team and you can expect Vardy to stop firing, just my opinion.

I agree with this. His game is different to how I expected it would be. Same as Nugent, whoever plays this role gets slaughtered because they don't get the goals or catch the eye. Doesn't matter what fans think, Ranieri knows his value to the team just as NP did with Nugent. Take him out the team and you can expect Vardy to stop firing, just my opinion.

I thought this after the first few games but I think Vardy now has more goals after Shinji has been hauled off rather than when he has started.

How incredibly patronising lol

Yeah I get the difference thanks, petal.

I just disagree with you.

'Inept' is in my opinion a foolish and reactionary label to apply to Okazaki.

I think he's an upgrade on Nugent.

I think he creates space, making runs which has exacerbated Vardy's success.

I think he defends from the front closing down relentlessly like the energiser bunny crossed with a terrier.

I also think his goals will come and that he'd already have a few if he wasn't playing slightly behind Vardy as clearly instructed to by the manager.

Edit: I also think he should start with Vardy as in previous matches as we gave Palace too much of the ball and Vardy was isolated up front and I thought as a result we were lucky to edge the game.

I think you expect a bit more for 8m than just running around fast if that's the case let's sign Usain Bolt. His first touch is shight and don't mention his second he never gets one.

How many of vardy's goals have come when he's been on the pitch?

Both Southampton he was off, Stoke he went off and vardy scored 4 minutes later, palace he was off, Bournemouth he was off, one of Arsenal e was off, villa he was off.

In fact I can remember 2 goals when Okazaki was on the pitch, and that's the penalty at Norwich and the first Arsenal goal, and anybody trying to claim Okazaki was ANY part of that individual effort is clutching at straws.

So in summary, please elaborate why Vardy wouldn't score without Okazaki?

You think he's playing a number 10 supporting role?

I think he's not doing anything really, but I assumed that's what people see his role as? What do you see it as?

I think you expect a bit more for 8m than just running around fast if that's the case let's sign Usain Bolt. His first touch is shight and don't mention his second he never gets one.

Fast? lol he REALLY isn't fast

Both Southampton he was off, Stoke he went off and vardy scored 4 minutes later, palace he was off, Bournemouth he was off, one of Arsenal e was off, villa he was off.

In fact I can remember 2 goals when Okazaki was on the pitch, and that's the penalty at Norwich and the first Arsenal goal, and anybody trying to claim Okazaki was ANY part of that individual effort is clutching at straws.

I think he's not doing anything really, but I assumed that's what people see his role as? What do you see it as?

ax-grinding-jig.jpg

Sure, I think he does a lot of Vardy's running for him and this gives him extra space to make runs into.  I also think Okazaki takes care of the link-up play allowing JV to play on the shoulder. If Vardy scores after Okazaki has gone off, it's because the defence are tired and can't deal with his pace late in the game. That's how I see it.

Oh hang on a minute?

I could have sworn that I wasn't that bothered about having him here but have a look at the first response to this thread lol lol

if we stay up we're gonna win the ****in league next year

Big up Mystic Meg Scouse

Wasn't there last night but thought he was solid at the weekend. I'm not sure we're getting the best out of him but his performances have been decent. He performs a similar role to Kante only further up the pitch. You can barely see Kante for the jizzum continuously being sprayed in his direction yet Okazaki gets labeled as disgusting. Weird.

Sure, I think he does a lot of Vardy's running for him and this gives him extra space to make runs into. I also think Okazaki takes care of the link-up play allowing JV to play on the shoulder. If Vardy scores after Okazaki has gone off, it's because the defence are tired and can't deal with his pace late in the game. That's how I see it.

Ooookkaayyyyy.

So he takes it into feet and drops it off to midfielders, and does a lot of pointless running. It's worth noting I think that he was the only one tired yesterday, and he was so far off the pace the hull defenders just passed it around him, chipped it over him etc. To say they were comfortable with him on the pitch was an understatement.

He won't get 5 league goals or assists this season, just hasn't got enough in his locker.

Wasn't there last night but thought he was solid at the weekend. I'm not sure we're getting the best out of him but his performances have been decent. He performs a similar role to Kante only further up the pitch. You can barely see Kante for the jizzum continuously being sprayed in his direction yet Okazaki gets labeled as disgusting. Weird.

Kante actually tackles people.

Ooookkaayyyyy.

So he takes it into feet and drops it off to midfielders, and does a lot of pointless running. It's worth noting I think that he was the only one tired yesterday, and he was so far off the pace the hull defenders just passed it around him, chipped it over him etc. To say they were comfortable with him on the pitch was an understatement.

He won't get 5 league goals or assists this season, just hasn't got enough in his locker.

It's pointless running if playing a 'high press' isn't played well by your strike partner or team mates, yeah.

But let's blame Shinji for doing his job.

Genius.

I don't want to write him off yet, but he has been so poor, it's hard not to. I think some of the stuff he does probably does go unnoticed and he does provide Vardy with space, but he isn't a goalscorer which is worrying. If Vardy gets injured, we need someone to step in and I don't think Okazaki would be capable of that. He seems so off the pace at the minute. Maybe he'll take a season to adjust like Vardy did, or maybe not. Who knows.

It's pointless running if playing a 'high press' isn't played well by your strike partner or team mates, yeah.

But let's blame Shinji for doing his job.

Genius.

He isn't very smart in his chasing like Vardy though, Vardy knows when the defender has nowhere to go and goes like a train at them, Okazaki does it at the wrong times and gets passed around him.

We concede a lot of goals with him on the pitch though, you must see that? And our comebacks have coincided with playing well, and him being hooked. Surely that can't be argued, even if just coincidence?

And our first clean sheet of the season came in one of the only games he didn't start.

Put that with his 0 assists and 1 solitary goal, I think we should have someone offering more on his place.

And does makes space for Vardy, surely a genuine goal threat would make more space for Vardy? lol

He isn't very smart in his chasing like Vardy though, Vardy knows when the defender has nowhere to go and goes like a train at them, Okazaki does it at the wrong times and gets passed around him.

We concede a lot of goals with him on the pitch though, you must see that? And our comebacks have coincided with playing well, and him being hooked. Surely that can't be argued, even if just coincidence?

And our first clean sheet of the season came in one of the only games he didn't start.

Put that with his 0 assists and 1 solitary goal, I think we should have someone offering more on his place.

And does makes space for Vardy, surely a genuine goal threat would make more space for Vardy? lol

Firstly I was referring to last night in answer to your comment of criticism that he looked tired and his running was pointless.

He wasn't partnered with Vardy for most of last night and my remark referred to him closing down in isolation - forward players should work as a team to do that, so efforts are not pointless.

Your inference of Shinji not being 'smart in his chasing' comment' - really?

We got a clean sheet (In all honesty God knows how, considering their chances and penalty shouts - Certainly KS had a couple of good moments), yeah but created less chances than in any other match and scored less goals.

I recognise your concerns but I don't think you want to see or appreciate what he offers to the team - a team four points clear of sixth place in the Premier League.

We leak goals for lots of reasons - pinning that on Shinji may well be an accusation too far though my point was about playing the high pressure game which forces defences to boot upfield and lose possession which prevents them controlling the game playing the ball from the back on the floor.

Who else do we have that will do the running and the pressing in that role? (Nobody springs to mind)

Lastly, you are sounding/posting/grinding like Col City circa 2013-14. (sorry Col.)

Archived