Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

I've just googled myself to remind myself of Okazaki's contribution in those two goals.

Against Norwich he won the ball in his own half, well done Okazaki but he can take little credit for the goal as 99% of the time Norwich don't concede from that position at the point when they lose the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Bokd0rf2w

On this one (2:22) he can't take that much credit either as he gets the ball, shields it and passes to Albrighton who then does all the work to create the chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItZk1Mv000g

I hope he succeeds here but apart from his goal this return is poor for a No 10 in a team that is averaging two goals per game if these are the best examples you can give us.

Thanks for proving what I said, saved me some time.

Fair play to imblue, he's not sitting on the fence, but I don't think there is an egg big or bad enough to do justice to his face after shinji bags a brace at the baggies tomorrow.*

*alternative ending: ...but I don't think there is a mountain high enough to facilitate the climb down required after Okazaki hammers home a hattrick tomorrow**

**alternative ending 2: I don't think there is a highway wide enough to cope with the u-turn required after Okazaki turns in a scintillating performance tomorrow

Fair play to imblue, he's not sitting on the fence, but I don't think there is an egg big or bad enough to do justice to his face after shinji bags a brace at the baggies tomorrow.*

*alternative ending: ...but I don't think there is a mountain high enough to facilitate the climb down required after Okazaki hammers home a hattrick tomorrow**

**alternative ending 2: I don't think there is a highway wide enough to cope with the u-turn required after Okazaki turns in a scintillating performance tomorrow

He needs to perform in more than just one game. While it might be cool around here to sit on the fence and see what pans out, neither going over the top or condemning a player, football isn't like that. Sometimes you watch a player and can have an opinion they just won't cut it. While the odd one will prove the person wrong, most will prove them right if they know there stuff. By the fact Vardy and Drinkwater are everyone's only examples compared to how many players have been moved on, it shows the majority are often right.

Stick your neck on the line for once.

He needs to perform in more than just one game. While it might be cool around here to sit on the fence and see what pans out, neither going over the top or condemning a player, football isn't like that. Sometimes you watch a player and can have an opinion they just won't cut it. While the odd one will prove the person wrong, to a good footballing person, most will prove him right.

Your wrong.  Shinji will be an asset to this club.

He needs to perform in more than just one game. While it might be cool around here to sit on the fence and see what pans out, neither going over the top or condemning a player, football isn't like that. Sometimes you watch a player and can have an opinion they just won't cut it. While the odd one will prove the person wrong, most will prove them right if they know there stuff. By the fact Vardy and Drinkwater are everyone's only examples compared to how many players have been moved on, it shows the majority are often right.

Stick your neck on the line for once.

On here in the past you've rated Sol Bamba as a solid premier league player and said you thought Knockaert was better than Albrighton. You might be right on Oka, you might not, but your record doesn't seem to vindicate your opinion that you know your stuff.

I'm not on the fence either, I think Okazaki has already proven he is the best option alongside Vardy at present and will continue to do so.

On here in the past you've rated Sol Bamba as a solid premier league player and said you thought Knockaert was better than Albrighton. You might be right on Oka, you might not, but your record doesn't seem to vindicate your opinion that you know your stuff.

I'm not on the fence either, I think Okazaki has already proven he is the best option alongside Vardy at present and will continue to do so.

To be fair to knockaert, barely got a chance. But him, like bamba were decent players at the level we were at then as continued to improve we out grew them a little and got better quality.

There is no doubting Bamba and Knockaert at some point were our best defender and winger respectively so not great examples.

My point is we sign Okazaki 3 months ago, and look like we've out grew him already and it's his place that needs strengthening already

In shirt sales of course..

This argument is even worse than your argument about his footballing ability. We'll probably sell a few dozen extra shirts in Japan because of Okazaki, but you'd need to sell about a half a million to cover his transfer fee and wages. Never going to happen. Never ever.

Actually, I bet we've sold more shirts in Croatia due to Kramaric than we have in Japan, judging by the posts on here we have way more Croatian followers now than we have Japanese.

This argument is even worse than your argument about his footballing ability. We'll probably sell a few dozen extra shirts in Japan because of Okazaki, but you'd need to sell about a half a million to cover his transfer fee and wages. Never going to happen. Never ever.

Actually, I bet we've sold more shirts in Croatia due to Kramaric than we have in Japan, judging by the posts on here we have way more Croatian followers now than we have Japanese.

The way people talk about the Asian Market like they'll be spoonfed anything and with lap it all up is thoroughly embarrassing.

To be fair to knockaert, barely got a chance. But him, like bamba were decent players at the level we were at then as continued to improve we out grew them a little and got better quality.

There is no doubting Bamba and Knockaert at some point were our best defender and winger respectively so not great examples.

My point is we sign Okazaki 3 months ago, and look like we've out grew him already and it's his place that needs strengthening already

Talking of Bamba just read the report in the Telegraph about Leeds/Blackburn ....   "Ben Marshall was allowed down the right and when Sol Bambas errant attempt to head clear fell to Craig Conway, Leeds were duly punished." ...   all these names from the past !        But ...   (and reason for post) ....   "Tom Lawrence, central to much of the visitors best work, ghosted past two defenders and Jordan Rhodes finished".

Buy Rhodes and get Tom back.  Strike problem sorted ....  Simples !   :ph34r:

He's shown glimpses of looking very handy and at worst he's a work horse who gives the opposition no time and ably supports his team mates. He suits our style of play and is probably underrated for his off the ball work too. 

Probably not a deserved starter on current form but what a great sign of the times that people are getting their knickers in a twist over a player who's helped us to 5th and just 1 defeat in 10. (And yes he has helped before some kill joy jumps in). 

My point is we sign Okazaki 3 months ago, and look like we've out grew him already

Or, you know... it takes some players to get up to speed. Especially when being played in a position they didn't actually make their name in.

Sound. We've all got different opinions. I just think Okazaki and Vardy compliment each other well ... both fast, aggressive, hard working. (You're not going to get any of that with Ulloa or Kramaric).

Separate issue and yes, Ulloa and Kramaric are a totally different pair. Ulloa's pedestrian compared with Vardy but he's still scored a decent percentage of goals per game both in the Championship and Premiership. As for Kramaric I've still not seen enough of him to form an opinion which perhaps suggests an opinion anyway - that's he just not made much impression and doesn't sound likely to.    

Bottom line, yet again, is that we need another attacker and a damned good one. Playing Mahrez as a cnetral support striker has some merit and might work against some teams but, if not Ulloa, we surely need another 15/20 goals a season man - and one with some aerial capability otherwise Albrighton will hardly ever hit a Leicester shirt with his crosses into the penalty box...but crosses we'll get! :D  

Shinjis good when we are dominating a game. See the sunderland match.

His link up play with albrighton and mahrez was amazing that day

Shinjis good when we are dominating a game. See the sunderland match.

His link up play with albrighton and mahrez was amazing that day

And didn't Boudicca run riot against the Romans for a while?  :thumbup:  

Separate issue and yes, Ulloa and Kramaric are a totally different pair. Ulloa's pedestrian compared with Vardy but he's still scored a decent percentage of goals per game both in the Championship and Premiership. As for Kramaric I've still not seen enough of him to form an opinion which perhaps suggests an opinion anyway - that's he just not made much impression and doesn't sound likely to.

Bottom line, yet again, is that we need another attacker and a damned good one. Playing Mahrez as a cnetral support striker has some merit and might work against some teams but, if not Ulloa, we surely need another 15/20 goals a season man - and one with some aerial capability otherwise Albrighton will hardly ever hit a Leicester shirt with his crosses into the penalty box...but crosses we'll get! :D

How many premier league clubs have ever had two 20 goal per season strikers in the team at the same time?

All the more reason to be leaders rather than followers.

I like the ambition and would be delighted if the club were willing to fork out the £20m+ required to get anything like a 20-goal striker who can hit the ground running.

Out of interest, Andy Cole (34 goals) and Peter Beardsley (21) in 94/95 and Luis Suarez (28) and Daniel Sturridge (20) in 13/14 are the only strike partnerships in premier league history where both partners have scored at least 20 league goals in a single season.

I like the ambition and would be delighted if the club were willing to fork out the £20m+ required to get anything like a 20-goal striker who can hit the ground running.

Out of interest, Andy Cole (34 goals) and Peter Beardsley (21) in 94/95 and Luis Suarez (28) and Daniel Sturridge (20) in 13/14 are the only strike partnerships in premier league history where both partners have scored at least 20 league goals in a single season.

We don't necessarily need another striker that will get 20+ goals we just need a few players that will score 10-15. Vardy and Mahrez will both score 10-15 (hopefully Vardy will be pushing towards 20 if he continues his form) so another striker who could get 10-15 would be great. Shinji and Ulloa both have the potential to get that amount but if Vardy was to get injured I wouldn't trust them 2 to be scoring regularly. If we're still up in the top 6/7 come the start of the window we should go out and get another top striker to ease the pressure on JV. Austin would be my shout

Didn't think he played very well in the hole at the crystal palace game

It was a poor game on the whole by both teams TBH from what we had seen this season but Mahrez and his little bit of brilliance put Vardy through on goal and got us the 3 points

***alternative ending 3: Ulloa plays, Okazaki dropped and we score goals, play well and win.

Archived