Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

He's a grafter, but not a lot of end product at the moment. Much prefer Shinji to come off the bench and terrorise tired defenders - but his grafting if he starts in first halves has been largely ineffective, hence he's been subbed off at half time numerous times which has contributed to completely changing the course of the match result.

I have a little (large) notebook of all the idiots in the match day threads.

I'm hardly ever in match threads, so that's confusing, I think today is one of the first times.

And if it's because I predicted they would hold out to 1-0, they have good enough form for it to consider it a realistic prospect.

Now walk on..

I'm hardly ever in match threads, so that's confusing, I think today is one of the first times.

And if it's because I predicted they would hold out to 1-0, they have good enough form for it to consider it a realistic prospect.

Now walk on..

I think every time we have gone one nil down you come out with a one liner for example ranieris influence setting in etc. Its not only you so don't fret pal

I think every time we have gone one nil down you come out with a one liner for example ranieris influence setting in etc. Its not only you so don't fret pal

Twice, in Stoke and West Brom away, but let's not argue and just enjoy the win lol

Ps. I've already committed to making no more predictions in the match for the rest of the season.

Ulloa wasn't any better today, failing to put in the shift Okazaki does as well.

Ulloa is fine as a number 9, but at the moment Vardy is the best centre forward in the country and we can't play two number 9s and expect to be at our best.

Ulloa's aerial threat at the near post helped leave the space behind for Mahrez to score one of his goals today. He's an entirely different kind of player to Shinji but is always going to create space because he has to be marked. Ulloa us so under-rated and his goals tally last season gave testimony to that.    

I think Shinji and Ulloa are useful options for us, both for different reasons. Loved Claudio's decision to bring on Shinji in the final few minutes to close down and harrass West Brom to try stop them building an attack. Ulloa always a great aerial threat and had a good game. 

Would still like us to buy Austin in january though. Thought of him and Vardy is very exciting! 

I can't help but think nuge just in behind vards offered far more than Okazaki.

And they way we are playing really would have suited him

I miss nuge.

He was a dependable squad player that fit the way we played. Are we better off with Okazaki/Kramaric as our striking options? I don't think so.

Ulloa's aerial threat at the near post helped leave the space behind for Mahrez to score one of his goals today. He's an entirely different kind of player to Shinji but is always going to create space because he has to be marked. Ulloa us so under-rated and his goals tally last season gave testimony to that.    

I agree. Ulloa makes his presence known in the 18 and opens up opertunities for other players. I think he gave Albrighton much more confidence to whip balls in as well, another asset to the team that I'm very happy to see back in form. Ulloa didn't look great but I think he was a net positive for an average Shinji performance.

Thought he did really well when he came on today, in a way I suppose he changed the game.

He did what was required in the number 10 position - found pockets of space, comfortable with the ball at his feet, and pressed defenders tirelessly.

Hope to see more good performances like this after a slow start to his Leicester career.

Thought he did really well when he came on today, in a way I suppose he changed the game.

He did what was required in the number 10 position - found pockets of space, comfortable with the ball at his feet, and pressed defenders tirelessly.

Hope to see more good performances like this after a slow start to his Leicester career.

He played well, I loved his trick towards the end of the game, we were taking the p***

He did well as a second striker but doesn't look like a goal threat. He isn't particularly quick or tall so therefore isn't much of an aerial threat nor a threat in behind. He also doesn't seem to want to shoot...he had a great chance about 5 minutes in and decided to cut in side and lost it.

I like him and what he represents (work ethic, honesty etc) but I think we need to do better if we have serious intentions of getting into Europe.

Fair?

Archived