Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Damn you Microsoft!

I bought a legitimate copy of Office pro 2013 last year.

This year, i sold my most recent computer because i hated windows 8 (and MS make it soo difficult to roll back to 7). i uninstalled office and all of my programs and rolled the computer back to factory settings.

i bought a 2nd hander with win7, and reinstalled all my programs, when i reinstall office 2103, it tells me its not  activated, i contact microsoft to re activate (my program is legal for two installations and i still have it running on an other computer) through my email sign up.

They tell me they cant and even though they have my other computer running a full copy, they cant give me a the key for this comp.

I pay good money, but never again microsoft you pieces of sh*t, fvck you, ill just pirate it.

I hope everyone in the world shares your fvcking programs. Serves you right!

whinge over

Edit - apparently not over, fvcking cvnting thing is stuck on uninstalling... gahhh fvck you microsoft!!

I had a similar problem with windows a few years back when a laptop I boght packed up a few days after the warranty ran out, just over 1 year. I bought it with windows installed I then found out that when I bought a new window less replacement I wasn't able to use my windows from the old laptop.

Total ripoff.

Ive lost count of The number of times I've had to pay to replace software that wont run on newer windows packages, software an expensive minefield.

i bought a 2nd hander with win7, and reinstalled all my programs, when i reinstall office 2103, it tells me its not  activated, i contact microsoft to re activate (my program is legal for two installations and i still have it running on an other computer) through my email sign up.

They tell me they cant and even though they have my other computer running a full copy, they cant give me a the key for this comp.

That's weird, on every copy of Office and Windows I've bought, I've been able to install it on more devices than they've said. So, just to check, you put your license key in during installation and then it told you it still wasn't activated, even though it's only been used once before?

I had a similar problem with windows a few years back when a laptop I boght packed up a few days after the warranty ran out, just over 1 year. I bought it with windows installed I then found out that when I bought a new window less replacement I wasn't able to use my windows from the old laptop.

Total ripoff.

Ive lost count of The number of times I've had to pay to replace software that wont run on newer windows packages, software an expensive minefield.

Fraid so, when you buy a laptop with Windows you've only bought a (OEM) license for that computer. I wish more manufacturers would offer them with no OS pre-installed at all.

OpenOffice is a good, free alternative.

Yes im using that until i get my pirate sorted

That's weird, on every copy of Office and Windows I've bought, I've been able to install it on more devices than they've said. So, just to check, you put your license key in during installation and then it told you it still wasn't activated, even though it's only been used once before?

I dont have my Licence key, but as i say, i have the other comp runing and its registered with them, so they have all the details.

oxymoron - Microsoft works

lol  :thumbup:

Yes im using that until i get my pirate sorted

I dont have my Licence key, but as i say, i have the other comp runing and its registered with them, so they have all the details.

lol:thumbup:

You want to use belarc advisor on the pc where it is registered and it will give you the license key so you can install on your new system

• 3 months later...

Archived