Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

14 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

We’ve been together for 5 years so… obviously not :D

And you still call it a date!! No longer a date after all bases have been achieved surely? Or are you still working towards third base...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Well going out without the kids for a night away, just always called it date night.

Haha I'm joking, enjoy, and that also answers my question about what base you eventually got to. Congrats 

Had to cancel my reservation for the new Argentinian place. Have noticed them playing loud music outside on the occasions I’ve walked past. Gives me chiquitos at Meridian vibe. Sonrisa has always been disappointing for me but that may be because of the company I had, hating Argentina, because her parents haven’t forgiven them for the Falklands 🤣

8 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Had to cancel my reservation for the new Argentinian place. Have noticed them playing loud music outside on the occasions I’ve walked past. Gives me chiquitos at Meridian vibe. Sonrisa has always been disappointing for me but that may be because of the company I had, hating Argentina, because her parents haven’t forgiven them for the Falklands 🤣

I suggest you don't take penguins next time.

9 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I’ve been to both Peter Pizzeria and Martin Bros pizza this week. Martin Bros is absolutely superior. However, Peter’s will always be better than Maurizio’s.

Interesting. I thought Maurizio's was supposed to be elite. 

I don't eat pizza on a night out though, so it's kinda academic for me personally. But I'm assuming Martin Bros and Peter's must both be pretty good

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I don't eat pizza on a night out though, so it's kinda academic for me personally. But I'm assuming Martin Bros and Peter's must both be pretty good

How come no pizza on a night out??

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Maurizio’s is okay for the food but the experience in the restaurant is abysmal and the charm is worn off quickly. 
Peter Pizzeria is in a great location with pizza that is at least equal to Maurizio’s but quicker and far better service. 
Martin Bros pizza is outstanding. Toppings probably aren’t too traditional but quality feels so fresh, on par with La Gaby in Buxton. Beer is so fun as well. Plus the location feels very cool.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Maurizio’s is okay for the food but the experience in the restaurant is abysmal and the charm is worn off quickly. 
Peter Pizzeria is in a great location with pizza that is at least equal to Maurizio’s but quicker and far better service. 
Martin Bros pizza is outstanding. Toppings probably aren’t too traditional but quality feels so fresh, on par with La Gaby in Buxton. Beer is so fun as well. Plus the location feels very cool.

Martin Bros is great but being turned away from there at half 7 because they’ve ran out of dough can be quite a pisser so it loses marks there I’m afraid 

9 hours ago, westernpark said:

The food is quite basic as well imo. It smells incredible but it seems they’ve taken the whole ‘we’re Italian!!!’ thing a bit too far. Italian stereotypes, very cute, just give me my food 

43 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The food is quite basic as well imo. It smells incredible but it seems they’ve taken the whole ‘we’re Italian!!!’ thing a bit too far. Italian stereotypes, very cute, just give me my food 

If you’re on about Maurizio’s, then yes! When my parents went they said one of the servers was holding a young child whilst taking orders, etc. The google reviews are very funny too, the bloke has a lot of sass. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Martin Bros is great but being turned away from there at half 7 because they’ve ran out of dough can be quite a pisser so it loses marks there I’m afraid 

Yeah I’ve heard this happened to others but unless you’ve booked, I suppose it just shows how fresh it is. Although, think as they now do Uber Eats it happens more often.

Maurizio was elite when takeaway. Suffered a lot trying to be a restaurant. 

I prepared the days of sending an order via whats app and getting 🍕🇮🇹👨🏻‍🍳 back rather than kids running a mock.

Doughwhat is decent too but pricey - however it’s a near necessity for us as my partner can’t have dairy and they do vegan cheese 

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Well, my review of Sonrisa, meat was lovely but literally everything came with the same sauce so it was very samey. Missus had the prawns (I don’t do seafood) and got a really nasty bout of food poisoning, so all in all not great.

You must really hate me.

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Never been here but always liked the look of it. 

Any good? 

Shared the large platter which was nice but can’t judge the more standard dishes from that tbh. Pizzas looked nice