Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Robert Huth - signs (Official)

lol!

No mate, based on what people have said, I've had a rethink on this one and will go with the majority. I have respect for Dickov (above) actually and believe him. So, I hope Huth gets back to his best form for us.

:thumbup:

Haha, fair play. There doesn't seem to be many people who are willing to hold their hands up and accept others reasoning. :thumbup:  

I can't say accept they are wrong as it is just opinion and speculation rather than a straight forward yes or no. :P

Stoke City boss Mark Hughes says he told Leicester City target Robert Huth that he wasn't likely to play much in the next few weeks. The German centre-back has been holding talks with Foxes' officials over a loan move at the club's training ground on Friday. Huth has been given permission to talk to City by Potters boss Hughes as he looks to get more first-team action following an injury. The Stoke manager said: "Huth indicated he wanted to play and the likelihood of him doing so here in the coming weeks was probably low." City boss Nigel Pearson is looking to bolster his central defensive options before the transfer window shuts on Monday.

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/leicester-city/hughes-home-truth-for-huth-1757025.html?

Oh FFS.  16 games to go and he misses two of them.

Why has this gone tiny.  OK this seems to have fix... oh.

There we go.  Panic over folks.

Hang on - wrong font.  Jesus.

Is default Arial?

You've had a mare mate.

I'm surprised then they are letting him go..don't make sense?

But I agree, we have missed a natural leader on the pitch. Tell you what, I'll back down on this one then... And hope that you lot are all correct and that he will be a real asset to us. Good discussion that. From some anyway.

Bring him on and let's hope he makes the difference...

You, back down Col, buddy. What is the world coming to?  lol

Guest Col city fan

You, back down Col, buddy. What is the world coming to? lol

lol

Nah, I think the masses could be right on this occassion DT. I'm not overly bothered to be fair, but we need all the grit and determination we can get. And having ANY player that can get his head on a set piece would be a bonus!

wouldn't one of the games he is banned for be this weekends fixture? he wouldn't have been able to play for us anyway, and i assume the ban applies as he is in the stoke squad regardless of is he is playing or not. so he would only miss one game for us surely??

Oh FFS. 16 games to go and he misses two of them.

Why has this gone tiny. OK this seems to have fix... oh.

There we go. Panic over folks.

Hang on - wrong font. Jesus.

Is default Arial?

Ken?

I think with Huth we have a more physically capable player, Wes and Was are usually reliable but they sometimes struggle with taller players like Pellé (accidental fox92).

19 Germany caps too.

It has nothing to do with you expressing reservation and everything to do with virtually all the points you made being either wrong or... errrr pointless.

Yes some are.... remind me which one has spent £8m on a striker this window.

BOOM!

One of his banned games is this weekend and as no deal has been announced he'll serve that at Stoke. That means he'd only be suspended for one game for us. Hopefully this won't affect any deal going through. Even carrying a one match suspension Huth would still be an excellent addition to the squad.

Id imagine a deal has already been agreed, but they'll wait until after the match tomorrow to finalise it so it counts as part of his suspension. If he signs before then then he'll count as our player but will be ineligible for the match so his suspension won't be used up.

7:24PM GMT 30 Jan 2015

comments.gifComment

Robert Huth is poised to complete a loan move to Leicester Citydespite being banned for two matches by the Football Association.

Huth, the Stoke City defender, has been punished by the FA for comments made on his Twitter account and fined £15,000, while also being ordered to take a mandatory education course.

The 30-year-old was charged for interactions on the social networking site in which users were asked to guess the gender of individuals pictured in explicit images.

Huth admitted breaching FA rules at a hearing but is still set to sign for Premier League strugglers Leicester for the rest of the season.

Leicester held talks with Huth yesterday and are expected to confirm the signing of the German centre-half in the next 48 hours. Huth will be eligible to play for his new club in the visit to Arsenal on Feb 10.

Mark Hughes, the Stoke manager, said: “Robert has indicated that he wants to play, but the likelihood of him playing for us in the coming weeks and months is probably low.

“He fully understood what I was saying and we came to the agreement that he needed more games really.

“It’s a good opportunity for him to go out and play football, which is what we need, and then he can rejoin us in the summer.”

Stoke declined to comment on Huth’s punishment.

Look at earlier in the thread. I think we need attacking options. We don't score enough goals. Huth is again, well past his best. I get the Prem experience bit. But I don't see Robert Huth coming in, on loan, and improving us much at all. If we are to change centre backs, I'd rather we develop Liam Moore and get him playing to his best.

We seem to have a quality young centre back, champing at the bit, but completely sidelined? Rather than bringing him on, we look to sign an ageing centre back who has recently come back from a bad knee injury. I don't get it, personally.

I was not commenting about Huth or Moore or the merits of either,my point was Sinclair has done little or nothing for quite a while ,is he much better than what we have? So where would you play him and in what formation because seems a pretty poor fit to me.Probably would be as much use as Nick Powell, luckily Villa got him.

Pity our game isn't Sunday....Then, theoretically, he could serve his ban in 24hrs!!

He'd have to be registered by midday the day before the match, so if it was Sunday he'd still be ineligible for one of the two games.

If it was a Monday fixture, then maybe, though I'd imagine there is some kind of clause that prevents this sort of thing. Otherwise it might be common to see players being loaned out to abuse a loophole and run a suspension down quicker, and then recalled immediately.

Archived