Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

android lollipop update

Hi Guys has anyone else updated their android yet? i did my s5 last night. so far i have had the app store crash, cannot change the background on my messages (apparently it has to stay orange and white), the vibration settings have gone so you cant change the vibrations of texts, calls etc..they all sound the same but the best bit of it all...THE SILENT MODE HAS GONE!

you have a choice between sound or vibrate...thats it. you have a "do not disturb" button but that's no help to no one. 

anyone else updated yet?

I don't know if it's the same update but i've just had one for my tablet and I hate it changes for changes sake I can't see a single improvement. Awful!

Is it out for Sony phones yet? I read it would be out early February

I will be honest i dont know. my phone popped up with it last night (its around the 1gb mark as well and you need 3gb spare on your phone to install) 

sony will hopefully get it later in feb for the patches needed for it. 

• 1 month later...

I'm still waiting for a damn update! Got a Note 4 so it really should already be on lollipop but Samsung seem to be taking a fvcking age to release it in the UK

Wow I got my update on the 7th of Feb. The update made my battery rubbish, I swear

Have you got an old not the most recent phone? Theories are that new updates deliberately slow down older models to make the handset owners buy newer phones :thumbup:

Have you got an old not the most recent phone? Theories are that new updates deliberately slow down older models to make the handset owners buy newer phones :thumbup:

Yeah I have a LG G3, I have seen a few people suggesting it has affected their battery life too. Good phone though.

Still waiting for my Sony Xperia Z3 to get the update. Annoying now.

It is but in a way it's also good as I heard certain phones are like test subjects & it gets released & if there are issues it gets held back on other phones

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i bought some new batteries on ebay for my s5 after this update. thinking that it was maybe the battery had seen better days and it needed a new one.

gave both a run over 2 days.

original battery. full nights charge. got up at 7:50 used it in morning for a facebook browse, timehop etc. by the time i got to work at 9 i had 85% battery left.

new battery. Same stuff. By the time i got to work at 9. 69% battery....i lost 31% in an hour and 10 minutes.

has anyone found a way of sorting this yet at all?  

• 4 weeks later...

seems to have been a new update overnight to "increase performance." still losing battery at the same rate however.

All the recent phones I've had have drained pretty quick. But I did find I was constantly checking the phone for messages etc.

I recently brought a Sony smartwatch and one of the side effects has been much less frequent checking of the phone, resulting in increased battery life. It's much more discreet as well in a meeting at work to just glance at your watch to see if there is something which really needs your attention. Has helped me wean myself off checking my phone every 5 minutes!

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is Android related so I wont make a new one. Has anyone used BlueStacks before on the computers/laptops? Downloaded it yesterday so I could put a movie app on my PC. Absolutely brilliant. Love having all my apps on my PC screen

Archived