Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alexikokopops

Racing games - Xbox 360

Hello people of Foxestalk. For reasons that would probably bore you all I'm looking to get a racing game even though I don't really play racing games. Ideally there will be the option to race in wet weather/poor visibility (or it at least exists within the game, whether you can choose to race in it or not). Probably more city/countryside based racing rather than track based.

I figured, since I need to buy one, I might as well get a good one. Help me Foxestalk, you're my only hope...

A few good games -

Forza Horizon (1 or 2) - both open world driving games including races and challenges.

Forza 5 - very realistic driving, track based but includes standard tracks and city road tracks

Grid Autosport - very good, like Forza 5 but not so realistic which can be a good thing

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - good game but sounds are awful. Open world. Forza Horizon is much better

Dirt Series - any of the dirt series are a good alternative to standard road driving

Need for Speed Series - again, any of the need for speed series are pretty good

My personal favourites are the Forza Series Games for the realism, but when I want an open world "do what you want" game, Forza Horizon 2 is definitely the game to go for!

Ive played alot of Forza 2,3 & 4  but its not really got weather systems or noticeable changing environments,. 3 and 4 and very good though. The rally games like DiRT might be worth looking at, not sure about NFS anymore the last one I enjoyed was the first Most Wanted.

Honestly the closest thing that comes to mind would be GTA V

The newest Grid game is probably your safest bet, only 16 quid on Tesco direct atm, and it's not that old

http://www.tesco.com/direct/grid-autosport-xbox-360/121-2103.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=121-2103&ui=mercury&sc_cmp=tp1_ppc_g__&kpid=121-2103&gclid=CLKJroOj3MMCFazMtAodvx0AxQ

Special mention should go to Burnout Paradise as well, it's an old game, but it was probably my favourite racing game on the previous gen

Yes Forza doesn't have active weather systems, I have no idea why, but you get a lot better driving experience than any other game.

Forza Horizon games DO have weather systems though, and offer an open world letting you do what you want.

I don't really think GTA is a racing game at all, but it's one to consider.

The latest Need For Speed is pretty good, but yes the older games in the series are pretty useless.

PGR4 was brilliant. Never been a big fan of racing games but my 360 came with PGR4 all those years ago and I played it non-stop for weeks. Nice balance of arcade and sim driving, great visuals (for the time) and weather effects, nice spread of cars and bikes. Great soundtrack too

Shame Bizarre went under, although most of the their devs moved to the team behind the Forza Horizon series

Archived