Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Google Images and Youtube video usage rights

Guest CityFan 06

1. Firstly, does anyone know if I can borrow images from google for my own presentation (Personal Use)

2. Secondly, can I also use YouTube videos in my own presentation, again, for Personal Use only?

Thanks.

MrsG uses them but she selects filter and picks Creative Commons these are apparently free to use. You should probably credit them on any stuff you produce. She also uses YouTube download software where she has to declare she's  not using  them for commercial  or monetary  gain.

Personal use should be fine - if you're presenting in front of people then legally you should ask for permission as it's someone else's copyright (or at the very least reference it.) In reality though, nobody would either know or care I don't think.

If it really bothers you, you can specify in advance search (usage rights) in Google images that you only want it to search for images which are free to use.

It honestly depends what you mean by 'personal use', if it's a just a presentation for work, or university or something then you really have nothing to worry about.

If the presentation is being uploaded to the internet for other the general public to view or something, then you generally just have to credit the original artists, especially if it uses music produced by someone other than yourself.

Archived